Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FUJIMO View Post
    How do you buy a new large Mercury outboard on the interweb, and rig it yourself, and have Mercury honor the warranty?
    youre right, you cant. but as soon as the warranty is done so are the trip to the dealers for anything else then oem parts. i was referring to jperog's post about people who learned to wait on shipping instead of walking to a dealer and picking something off the shelf. empty shelfs i must say, wherever i go locally they dont have much in stock. so shipping comes in play also.
    1998 charger stv. 225 promax. -sold-

1993 22 talon. 2016 yamaha 200 SHO, nizpro tuned

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WILDMAN View Post
    They posted cheap prices but I called a few weeks ago and they had only gotten about 10 300R's in the last year. You can post any cheap price you want, but if you can't get the motors, what good is it.
    just curious why would you, or any other dealer/builder would be favoured before another?

its a legit question lol, not trying to stir something up.
    1998 charger stv. 225 promax. -sold-

1993 22 talon. 2016 yamaha 200 SHO, nizpro tuned

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Merc lost a lot of single consumer sales in the last year since the units are backlogged. I'm not sure their scheme worked out as planned. Or, maybe it did? Prices are sky high and some big timers seem to get the merch. they want. But, these big boats using multi engines are gobbling up all the inventory. At the last race I attended there were more multi 30' and over boats than I have ever seen. Less go fast IO boats seen too. This is a trend that shows no signs of slowing.

83 V-King, 96 Mariner, 200 hp ff block 2.5 w/a 28p choppa
    We gotta clean this liberal mess up, VOTE TRUMP TO MAGA!
    Rebuild thread:
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-it&highlight=
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...cs.&highlight=
    Videos

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pretty simple and smart theory: When you are trying to get rid of "or sell" something, you feed the guys that will continue to eat. Nothing different then what we would do if we were in the position that Mercury is in. The main problem currently is that they have more demand then anyone ever anticipated, financing and the overall economy are wide open so people can buy and not just talk, but they are still short on production Vs. consumer demand--The perfect $torm... This platform will continue to be in high demand for a long time due to the reason stated above "multi engine outboard boats are the taking over".

Joe

5. Thanks mistah_max thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the above plus mercury has really cracked down on selling larger motors "in the box" in the last year. These new motors are not something the average Joe can deal with and its loose-loose for the OEMs when the customer wants a warranty on something they installed wrong at home and is now not running right.

Also supply. I have a pair of white 300s in stock and get calls daily from dealers around the country that want to buy them.
    Last edited by RSWORDS; 07-12-2019 at 03:38 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RSWORDS View Post
    All the above plus mercury has really cracked down on selling larger motors "in the box" in the last year. These new motors are not something the average Joe can deal with and its loose-loose for the OEMs when the customer wants a warranty on something they installed wrong at home and is now not running right.

Also supply. I have a pair of white 300s in stock and get calls daily from dealers around the country that want to buy them.
    Why would the average guy not be able to rig these? They don't even have cables to adjust. Plug and play seems they only get easier to rig. And with all the sensors and computers I'd be hard pressed to believe someone could do much damage by bad rigging. Other than say having one fall off the back of the boat.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FUJIMO View Post
    do u think if randy bought(and financed)10 million plus dollars worth of power annually, he would not be prioritized on supply? no?...or you say he shouldn't be?
    Except for in this case, Jaco is the 10million dollar dealer. So how is Randy getting more 300's? Definitely is interesting that Jaco has only gotten 10. Wonder if Mercury got ticked about undercutting their MSRP and started throttling engine delivery to Jaco

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good point

in retrospect, if Jacos only sold a handful of "low-priced" motors, this means that a lot of buyers purchased at a premium?

...so the local dealers made out pretty good

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I order these motors way ahead of time. The 7 300R's I got this week were ordered 5-6 months ago. If you wait to order when someone wants one, you will never get one. You just gotta bite the bullet and pre-order. I ordered seven 450's the day they came out. I certainly don't need them now, but the sooner I order, the sooner I get them and I will have them to use or sell. As far as the 450 I just got, I think alot of it was due to all the testing and reviews I did on the 300R I got. Mercury likes positive reviews and the motor definitely deserves it. I will always post it, good or bad. They probably wish I would use Mercury props in my testing, but guess what! They never have offered anything to me. Hill Propellers offered me props to test and they work. If they didn't wotk, I assured them that I would post that too.
    " IT'S NOT HOW FAST YOU ARE, IT'S HOW COOL YOU LOOK!!! "

Check out my new website. liberatorpowerboats.com
    Boat Delivery available

Things owned. NOTHING!!
    Ain't got no toyz, Ain't got no money! I is jus a poor Florida boy!

Visit My Liberator Boats Website

11. Thanks mistah_max, bearclaw thanked for this post
    Likes noli, mistah_max, JBS, Beak Boater, bearclaw liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPEROG View Post
    Pretty simple and smart theory: When you are trying to get rid of "or sell" something, you feed the guys that will continue to eat. Nothing different then what we would do if we were in the position that Mercury is in. The main problem currently is that they have more demand then anyone ever anticipated, financing and the overall economy are wide open so people can buy and not just talk, but they are still short on production Vs. consumer demand--The perfect $torm... This platform will continue to be in high demand for a long time due to the reason stated above "multi engine outboard boats are the taking over".

Joe

High demand isn’t a bad problem for Merc to have, but it’s hurting dealers and eventually there has to be a breaking point. At some point without available product, the smaller shops will tell Merc to come get what’s on the floor, and will start rigging with the competitors’ motors. There are a few Merc dealers within spitting distance of me, and I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see at least one drop Merc for BRP/Suzuki/Yamaha within the next year.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whaaaaat View Post
    Why would the average guy not be able to rig these? They don't even have cables to adjust. Plug and play seems they only get easier to rig. And with all the sensors and computers I'd be hard pressed to believe someone could do much damage by bad rigging. Other than say having one fall off the back of the boat.
    Some do have cables to adjust... and if "plug and play" they have a computer to set up.

When a consumer shoves crap fuel, rigs it low or high, props it wrong, doesn't get the proper harnesses on ot, ect ect and they bring it in for warranty and get pissed when the OEM says no, you f'ed it up. It's bad. And merc is SUPER good on warrenty....

I speak first hand, we have a semi local dealer that's was famous for selling motors in a box, Yamaha pulled there dealership for it and mercury got damn close to doing the same.

A year ago I had a customer bring a boat in with a new motor he bought in the box from.that dealer the "was a piece of **** and wouldn't run right" his tank was full of water because it had a hole rotted in the top of it...

Merc replaced his FMS and injectors under warranty.... dont need someone bitching and leaving bad reviews....

We all paid for that
    Last edited by RSWORDS; 07-12-2019 at 09:50 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spdrcr29 View Post
    High demand isn’t a bad problem for Merc to have, but it’s hurting dealers and eventually there has to be a breaking point. At some point without available product, the smaller shops will tell Merc to come get what’s on the floor, and will start rigging with the competitors’ motors. There are a few Merc dealers within spitting distance of me, and I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see at least one drop Merc for BRP/Suzuki/Yamaha within the next year.

for the first time ever, I was actually looking at Suzuki outboard prices....oh shame on me , but Mother made me to do it

but I would still proly get a Merc 300L, 4.6 litre V8 , is the best bang for the money I think, yeah its not the 300R but close enough for me!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do most dealers sell many motors anymore? Most boats come as a package now, boat, motor, trailer, ready to go.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Do most dealers sell many motors anymore? Most boats come as a package now, boat, motor, trailer, ready to go.
    They might be purchased that way by consumers, but the boats don’t always arrive that way at the dealer. Sometimes the boat comes from wherever it’s built, motor comes from Wisconsin. Some builders probably have an exclusive deal with Merc, but not all of them. If you can’t get Brand-X pontoon/welded fishing boat with a Merc for months but the dealer can rig one with an ETEC next Tuesday, are you going to wait? Who wants a 2018 hull with a 2020 motor?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We have 4-5 merc dealers in my area. prolly 15+ yammi dealers and maybe 2 zuki places. Poor BRP has 1 and it's kinda sketchy. Take it as an indicator of what the market share demand actually is now. In the Tampa and Sarasota area it's overrun by yammi's. Rare to see a merc (unless go fast) or especially a BRP. Some zuki's.

83 V-King, 96 Mariner, 200 hp ff block 2.5 w/a 28p choppa
    We gotta clean this liberal mess up, VOTE TRUMP TO MAGA!
    Rebuild thread:
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-it&highlight=
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...cs.&highlight=
    Videos

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast