Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason they quit putting senders in single rams is there had to be a hole through the pin and the top eye of the ram so a roll pin could be installed that way the pin was in a fixed position so when trimmed up it moved the sender, problem was when you drill a hole through the pin they ALL broke and because of the tight clearance it only had a little extra play so most never noticed

is gone

2. Likes tlwjkw, aeneas liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The part I bought does not fit.

I am going to see if Mercury can help me find a trim sender, if not I will have to go mechanical like Gordon02.

I took a pic of the label on the mid (it does not look like a cut mid):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	serial.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	255.2 KB 
ID:	443465
    RIB Unlimited 600/Merc 150 ProMax ss
    Allison SS-2000/Merc 200xs ss
    Hydrolift T-17/Merc 200xs ss

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would not waste my time searching, what you looking for does not exist for an OEM 15” SS swivel section.
    Just contact Stainless Marine in FL and get the correct kit.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tux974 View Post
    I would not waste my time searching, what you looking for does not exist for an OEM 15” SS swivel section.
    Just contact Stainless Marine in FL and get the correct kit.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aeneas, looking at your profile I see that you have an Allison that this motor may be going on?

Are you already accustomed to driving 75+ speeds? Not to offend, just asking. When I ordered my XB2002, I had never driven an Allison and was really shocked at the fact that I had to learn all over again how to drive. I'd driven Bumblebee to 75+, an over-powered Procraft to almost 80, but the Allison was much different. Getting and keeping one on pad is an acquired skill of balance. All this rambling is to say that I did not have any type of trim gauge for the first year of operation after I rigged my 200 ProMax SS. I am grateful that I had that year to learn the feel of perfect trim. My XB2002 is very sensitive to trim and if I'd had that gauge installed day-1, I think I would have missed the lessons of feel learned.

For those reading this that question my comments on the Allison, I will offer this fact - I've let more than a dozen owners of high-power bass rigs drive my Allison (me in the seat next to them) and not one has been able to break the 65 mph mark. That balancing on the pad they thought they were doing in their boats goes on steroids at 60 or so in the Allison. Chine walk is not something you'll drive through and trim is just one of the ingredients we need to feel for complete control. Gordon

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Gordon,
    I had a Merc 200xs ss sm 1.87 on the Allison and it was a blast. I had it up to just over 98mph https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Snz8wVPm2KE (over 95 every time out in the end) and I could almost drive it with one hand on the wheel (super well-behaved with a David Shook Mazco RE3 30p prop). I sold that boat in the autumn after eight wonderful years. Now I am doing something more practical - a RIB Unlimited 602 (Rigid Inflatable Boat). It is a 6m (20') 550lbs boat built on a fast and seaworthy Hydrolift T-17 hull (the Hydrolift T-17 I had before the Allison is the white boat in the attached pictures). The RIB Unlimited 600 is rated for 115hp and this very engine is dynoed @187hp. A prototype of this RIB Unlimited 600 (same hull and pontoons but all black and with a deck and a Merc 225) held the UIM kilo speed record for RIBs for a year until the same people put pontoons on a Hydrolift offshore class 2 catamaran fitted with a Lamborghini offshore class 1 V12 engine and blew that record off the water in 1996.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RIB_Unlimited602.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	414.9 KB 
ID:	443506 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New dash.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	375.0 KB 
ID:	443507 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hydrolift T17.png 
Views:	13 
Size:	790.2 KB 
ID:	443510

This boat has a Jackplate, SeaStar Pro 2.0 pump/Tournament Series cylinder, ProTrim, Hotfoot and new gauges/new electrics so apart from the Jackplate it is rigged similar to my Allison. RIBs are not common on this forum but you guys on here provide me with lots of valuable information and experiences so I am still on here...
    Last edited by aeneas; 07-04-2019 at 11:01 AM.
    RIB Unlimited 600/Merc 150 ProMax ss
    Allison SS-2000/Merc 200xs ss
    Hydrolift T-17/Merc 200xs ss

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2