Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=noli;3143532].

just my .02c

windshield should not crack

curious who makes those windshields on the 420?

I agree but its a big piece that was being thrashed (something for other owners of big wrap around screens to keep in mind). I believe it was warrantied by Lee Aerospace.

Joe

2. Thanks noli thanked for this post
    Likes noli liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CUDA View Post
    You are truly demented, you have 20 posts in the Kavanaugh thread I have none, I never said anything about Muller has proof of collusion, once again I have no posts in that discussion, but you have many, but Muller did say there were more than 100 contacts between the Trump campaign and Russia, odd would you not agree? never said no money would be given to the wall, still has not been given though he did declare a national emergency to gain access to money, the drugs come in trucks, RVs, boats NOT back packs, The Only thing you are right about was Torrente was not driving a race boat at the debut, was not ready. Most of your posts have been in the Politics area, pure hyperbole.
    I was just trying to show the obvious pattern. I am sure that you have some more accurate inside information to back up your newest statement LOL... I will add it to my example list next year for you-keep them coming.

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As stated I have no posts in stated accusations, Gee who's behavior does this sound like...

https://www.cjr.org/the_media_today/...ngton_post.php
    We have invented the world; WE see

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Is anyone other then Randy Corson planning on a 450 single application? Red Rocket or one of the other big money guys putting one on a River Rocket?- It would be cool to see one on an LCB or Talon that can handle the weight.

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPEROG View Post

I agree but its a big piece that was being thrashed (something for other owners of big wrap around screens to keep in mind). I believe it was warrantied by Lee Aerospace.

Joe

Thanks, good to know

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is anyone other then Randy Corson planning on a 450 single application? Red Rocket or one of the other big money guys putting one on a River Rocket?- It would be cool to see one on an LCB or Talon that can handle the weight.

Joe
    I am far from a big money guy. But i do know how to sign bank loans to perfection. I have been thinking that a 450R may motivate me to go boating again. In my thinking the 2 300xs motors complete with steering should be worth 25k. If i stumble on a buyer for them i would consider buying the 450R for motivation to get my ass off the couch if nothing else.
    I have come to the understanding that a boat or boat motor sales award is not going to be presented to me. I respond to some of the post wanting a boat or motors. I cant run the sales marathon to get to the finish line to get paid. "can i get more pics" is the number 1 question. Not sure of total questions possible. I seem to lose interest in the sale after the 3rd round. I think i give potential buyer the best free advise i can. "Do not ask seller of anything if it is good condition".
    Bring someone to look at motors, start motors, Check compression and anything else to make a decision about the condition yourself. I offer use of tools and shop. It seems that the motor buyers need all of the assurance that you get with a new motor purchase. I am not the right guy for the task. It seems when i mention that a used motor may run for years or may blow up next time out. That seems to shut down interest quick. For now boat is a garage/bedroom fixture and has only been in the water 3 times in the last year. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boat in house.jpg 
Views:	384 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	442672

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boat in house 2.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	442673

Almost sold the boat complete 6 months ago. Buyer insisted transom is shot. I would have to drop price to cover cost of a new transom. I think i have the only 4k lb 22ft hull ever built. Walking on deck is like a concrete floor. Also probably the only hull that ever flipped over at 85 mph with 2 300xs motors hanging on 10 inch jack plates with zero hull damage. Port windshield, hinge that attached the hatch and a couple seats broke. No damage to the hull makes me think it is a well made boat. Pic of transom shows a thin almost razor blade cut in gel between the black and red across most of the transom. I think when i converted to twins around 2014 the gel coat may have been mixed a little hot to make it brittle. Jumping on either motor or both motors at the same time will not flex transom. So i call it good.

Name:	transom.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	442674

8. Likes altamate liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joe
    What about that cherry LCB in your collection? Or, whatever became of that 24 Skater rehab/remake you were playing with?
    I CAN ALWAYS MAKE ANOTHER DOLLAR, BUT I CANNOT MAKE ANOTHER DAY

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    What about that cherry LCB in your collection? Or, whatever became of that 24 Skater rehab/remake you were playing with?
    My plan for the LCB was a supercharged motor until I found out that they were only available on the AMS, weigh what they do, then the price tag eliminated me from buyers ring. I am going with a different power source now and have all of the pieces except for the Porta bracket and interior. It will move back into forward motion soon-"the sure way to disappoint yourself when you are fixing boats up is to set a (done date)".

The skater is at Doug's shop and we have most of the parts laid up (it will be a one of one very cool boat at some point) and it should run pretty decent too.

Joe

11. Likes AZMIDLYF liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I know I been late for work every day , left early , ate half the french fries and drank the chocolate shake machine dry ..
    But how I'm gonna pull that couch out ta make a bed wiff dat 300xs all up in my bedroom ..
    I'll never get my beauty sleep or make it to burger-king on time now ... And no ... it won't be funny to use it as an alarm clock ..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just sleep in one of the other 4 bedrooms. Or just sleep on the back patio. It is a 3 star sleeping area.

Name:	pool.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	442831

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't 2 x 300xs more than 1 x 450r? It sounds like a massive power deficit to me... How will this 'upgrade' affect performance? What am I missing here..?
    RIB Unlimited 600/Merc 150 ProMax ss
    Allison SS-2000/Merc 200xs ss
    Hydrolift T-17/Merc 200xs ss

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aeneas View Post
    Isn't 2 x 300xs more than 1 x 450r? It sounds like a massive power deficit to me... How will this 'upgrade' affect performance? What am I missing here..?
    Going from 2x300 to 1x450, you lose over 400 lb and the drag from one gear-case. I also can’t help but wonder if the 450r is under rated like the 300r is....

16. Likes davemvegas liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    Going from 2x300 to 1x450, you lose over 400 lb and the drag from one gear-case. I also can’t help but wonder if the 450r is under rated like the 300r is....
    Exactly, on the smaller boats each 100 lbs can cost you 2 or 3 mph. Take a hull which is ~1800 lbs fully rigged minus engines. Add 2 300XS motors with ancillary systems and you have a combined weight of around 2900 lbs with 600 HP or 4.834 lbs/HP. Swap that our with 1 450R and you get a total weight of 2500 lbs or 5.54 lbs / HP. That's pretty darn close and when you factor in the lower unit drag it's close to a wash.
    Mark

18. Likes davemvegas liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The acceleration request from a single is asking a lot after having a pair of XS motors on Dave's boat. My guess is that he would be okay with everything other then that aspect and it will take some real set up to prop it for a happy medium. Adding a 3rd XS would be a little more excitement but this would be a cool test bed to watch as the aftermarket world comes into play with addtl. hp.

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aeneas View Post
    Did you miss the part where he said that twins affected slow speed handling because of to much transom weight.
    #skaternation
    21 rally sport (sold)
    21 Cougar (sold)
    21 Skater (sold)
    24 skater (sold)
    21 Armstrong (fishing deck) 250 etec
    24 SEB (soon to be laid up)

21. Likes davemvegas liked this post
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast