Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    Tell me this...how come every time an interesting thread on 4-strokes is posted, all the 2-stroke guys feel the need to come in and crap all over it? I see all kinds of threads on stuff I don't like and I'm not interested in....I just don't feel the need to go in and mess it up for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by HydroSkreamin View Post
    ...Until then, would you mind refraining from threadcrapping in threads that don’t interest you? That’d be appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by madmatic View Post
    Why is any one talking about 2 strokes on this 450r thread? i understand you die hard 2 stroke guys will never let it down but its over..
    Seems more and more are noticing what's going on here. Seriously, you 2-stroke lovers need to start your own thread and bash 4-strokes until your heart is content so you can stop messing up the forum for the rest of us who are living in the present.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Relax Francis, This site was started looong ago when almost everyone on here was a guy that Drove and built their own s#!t and had a boat that was less than 21ft.... We now we have a much more diverse crowd and the engine world has changed alot to say the least. Most of the original hotrod crowd is still here and when someone says racing engine.. half the guys including me thinks 375lb 300drag /monty skeleton monster motor and the other thinks 35 cat with twin 400Rs.. Both are bad ass if you love fast boats but two different worlds with two different buyers .....Capts post a few lines back is spot on...Dave

3. Thanks loop thanked for this post
    Likes loop, largecar91, JPEROG, XstreamVking liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    H2OPERF, I agree and believe there's room for both. I'd like to see SnF as THE site for 4-stroke OB performance, which will ensure a bright future. Note that I don't go into the 300 Drag threads and try to explain why 4-strokes are better. I see no reason to go in and crap on those threads and many folks would appreciate reciprocity.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    Specific output of anything with an actual expansion chamber says that it works far better than trying to get the pulses of a V engine to be timed correctly.
    Use of a chamber on the end of a pipe does nothing to change the appropriate time as you suggest. Low speed arrival is still way ahead of optimum in addition to depreciation of the signal through the distance travel required vs the 7-12" inches of distance port to port depending on which pairing you consider on a 120° pin spacing. V configuration has nothing to do with it.
    Two stroke outboards as you know aren't dirt bikes with gears or sleds with variable transmissions. They require the low end power.

Two stroke lovers, now that's funny. But if you don't get it that's ok because 4 strokes are simple.

Onward then
    Last edited by FMP; 06-21-2019 at 08:36 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I look at these new motors like i look at Ferrari's or GT40's, very i nteresting, but i can never afford one, nor anything to put it on. It's the way of the future and I accept that, but I don't have to really like it. Growing up on 2.4's and 2.5's I have no concept of what to put these motors on money wise. I will keep my boats with my 2.4's on them, pull em out every so often, and go riding untill the stator goes out, get towed in and do it again next week. I appreciate what Merc is building, but it has no connection to the average Joe. Impressive though.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carb a rator View Post
    I look at these new motors like i look at Ferrari's or GT40's, very i nteresting, but i can never afford one, nor anything to put it on. It's the way of the future and I accept that, but I don't have to really like it. Growing up on 2.4's and 2.5's I have no concept of what to put these motors on money wise. I will keep my boats with my 2.4's on them, pull em out every so often, and go riding untill the stator goes out, get towed in and do it again next week. I appreciate what Merc is building, but it has no connection to the average Joe. Impressive though.
    Eeeeeeexactly
    limited skills

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could always tie a couple lifeline jackets around the fatso in case of.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayabusajm View Post
    BRP has to be thinking of countering with something for if not the 450 maybe the 400, maybe the Miami 2020 Show will show something.
    Right now BRP has to be seriously considering it. After all,They probably never dreamed that there would be a market for 700#,$50K+ outboard motor. They have the hardware to make it happen. That being said,just how big IS that market? Is it even WORTH pursuing? Certainly no expert here but I hope they stay far away from the big end horsepower race and focus on being the best "under 300 hp" outboard on the market. Thats where the real buyers are
    limited skills

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by loop View Post
    Right now BRP has to be seriously considering it. After all,They probably never dreamed that there would be a market for 700#,$50K+ outboard motor. They have the hardware to make it happen. That being said,just how big IS that market? Is it even WORTH pursuing? Certainly no expert here but I hope they stay far away from the big end horsepower race and focus on being the best "under 300 hp" outboard on the market. Thats where the real buyers are
    I agree that the volume market has to be in the under 300hp market, but if Merc or anyone else can sell enough 60K motors ... the money is there too. What do you think the margin is on the 450R? How much could one of them actually cost to manufacture, I think they are making a lot on each one.
    08 Checkmate 2100br 250xs

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Insane-o View Post
    All the ballyhoo aside BRP went were the money is, all the **** talk aside if you've ever driven an etec against the four strokes in the working mans engine market....enough said. Merc, Yammy, Zooki, Honder..those motors are about as exciting as paste. But I digress. The Merc 450's? cool as shiz..but about .05% of the scream and fly market will have one....and at 700 lbs the archaic 300 drag will have that ****er for lunch in the drags.
    Brp makes all the meanest machines for other sports. 1.8L 300+hp Jetski with a warranty but they only make 300hp Outboard. I’ve heard something different is in the works but with Rotax in your back pocket why the hell would you design a new 2-stroke

These v8 are impressive but @$60k the only way I will be seeing 450hp on pump gas is gonna be a 2-stroke from brp but there will be nothing brp left on it.
    Quartershot T-3R 15" 3.5L E-Tec 1.62 Sportmaster

12. Likes AZMIDLYF, Capt.Insane-o liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by baja200merk View Post
    Brp makes all the meanest machines for other sports. 1.8L 300+hp Jetski with a warranty but they only make 300hp Outboard. I’ve heard something different is in the works but with Rotax in your back pocket why the hell would you design a new 2-stroke.
    I've been wondering this for a long time. Their 4-tec 1.5 liter 3-cylinder 12 valve SOHC supercharged engine is extremely compact and light (~200 lb, engine only) and makes 255 hp. I always thought it would make a good outboard engine.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by baja200merk View Post
    Brp makes all the meanest machines for other sports. 1.8L 300+hp Jetski with a warranty but they only make 300hp Outboard. I’ve heard something different is in the works but with Rotax in your back pocket why the hell would you design a new 2-stroke

These v8 are impressive but @$60k the only way I will be seeing 450hp on pump gas is gonna be a 2-stroke from brp but there will be nothing brp left on it.
    Trump gets re-elected and you put two more guys in your shop we are going to watch you go black like we watch the states go red....That 24 needs a set of 300Rs with 1.60s-don't give up "look how long it takes me to chase my junk to completion".

Joe

15. Thanks baja200merk thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump IS going to JAIL
    We have invented the world; WE see

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPEROG View Post
    Trump gets re-elected and you put two more guys in your shop we are going to watch you go black like we watch the states go red....That 24 needs a set of 300Rs with 1.60s-don't give up "look how long it takes me to chase my junk to completion".

Joe
    That boats never going in the water I figured letting him drive mine two years ago would of put fire in his ass still nothing. These v8 are the future of boats for next couple decades.
    #skaternation
    21 rally sport (sold)
    21 Cougar (sold)
    21 Skater (sold)
    24 skater (sold)
    21 Armstrong (fishing deck) 250 etec
    24 SEB (soon to be laid up)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CUDA View Post
    Trump IS going to JAIL
    Kavanaugh isn't a supreme court justice, Muller has proof of collusion, there won't be any money given to build a wall, and Torrente is still up in TN. driving the F1 boat doing demos.-you are like CNN only you bring it in to our personal hobby as well. Keep drinking the Pelosi punch "it makes you a very informed person and you continue appear as just that" NOT...

Joe

19. Likes mrichartz, aeneas liked this post
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast