Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whaaaaat View Post
    Don't get frustrated, just be glad that they are available and when you get boat that is suited for one, they will be out there.

Joe
    Those monster engines can't be anything but top heavy.
    Why exactly should I be happy that there's motors out for boats I don't want? How big is that check you get from the mercury propaganda department for posting here?[/QUOTE]

As I have said before, if you haven't run one then you shouldn't make negative judgements or remarks because you really make yourself look foolish-

I am just an enthusiast that is passionate about the sport and consider my self lucky to be putting a boat together with a pair of the new V-8s. If I wasn't impressed I certainly wouldn't be saying anything. I was very negative towards the 400R in a single application and was not impressed with the performance results until Mike here on the board got his Eliminator running and Jim Dorris and his son also impress me with their 76 mph single 400R tri-toon.

Have fun hanging in the bay but watch out for the Bullet, Allison, and Stroker fishing boats that come trolling by. The days of picking on those guys are gone if they have one of the new motors "if you haven't heard".

You should make the trip up for one of our river runs-we usually have around 100 boats and run 75 to 100 miles per day. I will have my Allison at the next one.

Joe

2. Thanks engineermike thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Is this going to be a champ motor announcement?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPEROG View Post
    Those monster engines can't be anything but top heavy.
    Why exactly should I be happy that there's motors out for boats I don't want? How big is that check you get from the mercury propaganda department for posting here?
    As I have said before, if you haven't run one then you shouldn't make negative judgements or remarks because you really make yourself look foolish-

I am just an enthusiast that is passionate about the sport and consider my self lucky to be putting a boat together with a pair of the new V-8s. If I wasn't impressed I certainly wouldn't be saying anything. I was very negative towards the 400R in a single application and was not impressed with the performance results until Mike here on the board got his Eliminator running and Jim Dorris and his son also impress me with their 76 mph single 400R tri-toon.

Have fun hanging in the bay but watch out for the Bullet, Allison, and Stroker fishing boats that come trolling by. The days of picking on those guys are gone if they have one of the new motors "if you haven't heard".

You should make the trip up for one of our river runs-we usually have around 100 boats and run 75 to 100 miles per day. I will have my Allison at the next one.

Joe[/QUOTE]

I'd rather appear foolish to a fool. How much do they pay you?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The new 4s intrigue me...they've gone the right way but I'm still all meh about the whole thing. Hopefrully this big announcement has a hopped up v6 in it for some weight saving but with all the toons and half dozen motors on a CCs....meh.

6. Likes nitro_rat, Whaaaaat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason probably why there are no 4 strokes drag racing is $ money for one the cost of the initial purchase is ridiculous and wait till you have to rebuild a 4-stroke way more expensive than a 2 that's why dirt bikes are reverting back to 2 Strokes and yes for strokes drag snowmobiles are way faster than two-stroke drag snowmobiles but let's face facts they didn't really reengineering anything other than doing a some modification and taking Crotch Rocket motors and putting them in snowmobiles not exactly earth-shattering outboard Circle boat and Drag Racing was essentially the working man's class and offshore racing was for the high-dollar elite but now the working man has to spend over $30,000 for a go fast 4 stroke outboard I don't see it selling very well for the blue color people but for the elite rich I see them flying off the shelf for pontoon boats sport fishing boats and even offshores times have changed just have to live with it
    Last edited by Michael J Giesler; 06-16-2019 at 10:49 AM.

8. Likes AZMIDLYF, Capt.Insane-o, Tom Foley liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everybody knows whats coming... nothing will be the same after and all of us that grew up with the 2 strokes will never forget. I don't watch motoX anymore and prob wont watch f1 after the switch either... i want the smell the sound and all that goes with it or i'm out... lucky we can build our own 2 stroke monsters with whats left over. Happy Fathers Day all...Dave

10. Thanks AlliStan thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My $ on the quickest outboard drag boat in the next 20 years wouldnt be 2 or 4 stroke......
    Larry Gempp Jr.

Proud HydroStream Powertour Member

Current Ride - 2024 22 Liberator - 450R

12. Likes Capt.Insane-o, JPEROG liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joe
    I'd rather appear foolish to a fool. How much do they pay you?[/QUOTE]
    Well I can assure you joe is no fool. What I don’t get is why you hate on evolution. Mercury made some baddest 2 stroke outboards on planet.There no market for them anymore so know there set out to rule 4 strokes.
    #skaternation
    21 rally sport (sold)
    21 Cougar (sold)
    21 Skater (sold)
    24 skater (sold)
    21 Armstrong (fishing deck) 250 etec
    24 SEB (soon to be laid up)

14. Likes Tom Foley liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Jr. View Post
    My $ on the quickest outboard drag boat in the next 20 years wouldnt be 2 or 4 stroke......
    I’m with you 100% lightweight high capacity battery’s and just about everything will be electric powered
    #skaternation
    21 rally sport (sold)
    21 Cougar (sold)
    21 Skater (sold)
    24 skater (sold)
    21 Armstrong (fishing deck) 250 etec
    24 SEB (soon to be laid up)

16. Likes Speed Jr. liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without a doubt anybody that thinks a large displacement v8 4 stroke is a step forward in the evolution of high performance outboards is a fool.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A bold statement like that says it all about your understanding of what these lightweight new 4 stokes have to offer. There are a ton of people "fools according to you" out there that are buying this new product so the best thing that you can do is continue to wait in the bay and remain anachronistic with your thoughts or show up to run with us so that we can see what a terrible mistake we have all made as you run circles around us LOL...

As mentioned above, electric is next and that will be your next group of boaters that you can make an uninformed judgement call on...

Joe

19. Thanks Markus thanked for this post
    Likes engineermike liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Thread was started speaking of drag racing specifically. Sorry, but the jury is already out. These big V8 for strokes are absolutely phenomenal Motors when it comes to high performance boating(long periods of time hard running). Unless you've actually used one you have no clue. I love my supercharged verado on my lake boat. That's high performance boating, not drag racing. Now, drag racing only requires a short burst of energy for a short period of time to go A to B as fast as possible. Right now with the current technology with a single speed gear, the lightweight 2 Strokes have the edge. It's going to take a lot to overcome that. That's all. The new Merc V8 is incredible for high performance BOATING. Someone doesnt know Whaaat they are talking about who says otherwise. Lol. Joe knows exactly what hes talking about.

Electric makes so much sense in a drag application, short burst of instant energy, no reserve capacity needed. Whoever invests the time in that will be the one to beat.

Jr.
    Larry Gempp Jr.

21. Likes Kcraft, keefallan, HydroSkreamin liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    electric in drag yes will work but for normal boating it will take years till the batteries get lots better so they are smaller and lighter

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys are dead on right about one thing. There's no shortage of fools out there. Have fun buying new boats to float those heavy slugs.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys are dead on right about one thing. There's no shortage of fools out there. Have fun buying new boats to float those heavy slugs.
    Oh us fools have plenty of fun! ��
    Larry Gempp Jr.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast