Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mainly ribs. Steering pully broke in The Bull right in the middle of a three bouy turn with my foot dead in it. Right turn Clyde. That big Laser seat held me in.

2. Likes Merc 2.5, 99fxst99 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull View Post
    Mainly ribs. Steering pully broke in The Bull right in the middle of a three bouy turn with my foot dead in it. Right turn Clyde. That big Laser seat held me in.
    Those Laser seats were/are bad ass! Everyone raves about Allison seats but the Laser seat was so deep with the big sides it would and will be my choice for an enduro rig.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why didn`t this boat race?
    I think he still has the itch. Maybe GETBOATS will chime in.

Since I've raced this race since 2013, I personally think that the max speed should be limited to 100mph.
    The Nordic is the only boat to basically run close to 110mph from start to finish without much concern of hooking or blowing over.
    In my opinion and after talking to several X Enduro racers, 100mph is plenty fast and would allow more boats to compete for the checkered flag.

It is a marathon and extremely challenging to complete without issues.

I've driven my buddies Mirage 100mph messing around in calm conditions with no boats passing bye. I can guarantee I would not be able to start the Enduro and try to reach and maintain 110mph for 4 hours without something giving out or getting wet.

I have been told Mr. Foster will not run this race again without a capsule. HMMMM.

And believe it or not the Enduro does not exist without insurance and our participation.

These are just my opinions as a participant.
    Last edited by Baker343; 11-24-2019 at 11:25 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Way back in the late 80`s we ran a stock 225 Yamaha Excel with 1.80-1 gears with a 30P Merc cleaver. Top speed was 107 and I was easy to drive. My thinking is that 107 ain`t that far from 110 so just a little more setup changes it could happen but 100 is more realistic.

Long live the Parker Enduro.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Set up is key as is paying attention to what you are doing. When Greg crashed the 48 boat it was easy to drive and light on fuel could run the number. Problem was his watch band came loose and he was fusing with it when he wrecked so did not see the roller coming. Yes he and I have decided not to run again without a capsule as we have both crashed in/out of one. When he crashed was not even running a 100 so lowering the number wont really help.

7. Likes CUDA liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The MPH is not the limiting factor... especially with the new motors hitting the scene which are capable of 110 with no issues. What makes more sense is limiting the fuel quantity so if you want to run a 1350 Mercury, you will have to limit yourself to 35-40 gallons on board. This will stop people from bringing $300K setups and keep the RACE A RACE and not a lengthy parade. I'm sorry if your boat cannot do 110+ all day but that is why this is an ENDURANCE RACE, not a Sprint Race.

Its the exact thinking of limiting the field to a cast speed that has ruined auto racing today. When teams could show up and run their class without being Balanced by the sanctioning body it created innovation and competition. Most of you have seen the Ford vs Ferrari movie by now and it took Ford 3 years to win it... he didn't complain about the LeMans rules, he adapted, overcame and Dominated til he made ihis point.

9. Likes AZMIDLYF, Kcraft liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mooresville , N.C. ??
    why ask me ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by racer View Post
    Set up is key as is paying attention to what you are doing. When Greg crashed the 48 boat is was easy to drive and light on fuel could run the number. Problem was his watch band came loose and he was fusing with it when he wrecked so did not see the roller coming. Yes he and I have decided not to run again without a capsule as we have both crashed in/out of one. When he crashed was not even running a 100 so lowering the number wont really help.

Al, One of my fav memories is at Parker and we were running the APBA stock Mod-VP class and had a very good starting position I think #7. Louis told me to watch out for the speedsters when they caught me. You, Watkins and Foster were all running in the special events class Modified Mod-VP. We were testing at 107 and I was flat out on the second lap when the three of ya`ll came around me at the same time with something like 10mph faster. It was so cool.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Raced an LTV in ModVP 1984 season. LOVED that seat. The only time I came out of the boat the seat came with me. Pulled loose from the mounts in a turn testing. Did all my own rigging after that!
    18 Talon/2.4 carb SOLD
    26 Deck Boat/250 Merc

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 99fxst99 View Post
    Raced an LTV in ModVP 1984 season. LOVED that seat. The only time I came out of the boat the seat came with me. Pulled loose from the mounts in a turn testing. Did all my own rigging after that!
    The production model turned hard... but the original design with the shorter sponsons turned even harder apparently. Sitting talking with my Dad and Uncle this weekend (they built the original LTV) and Uncle drove the first plug with the short sponsons, they said it was a dangerous beast until they made the sides longer.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah Burns View Post
    The production model turned hard... but the original design with the shorter sponsons turned even harder apparently. Sitting talking with my Dad and Uncle this weekend (they built the original LTV) and Uncle drove the first plug with the short sponsons, they said it was a dangerous beast until they made the sides longer.
    Ours was an 83 built boat, comp version, owned by Ben Major, Major Marine Co. I raced it the 84 season. I came from Allison and Hydrostream experience and it took me a few times testing to get the hang of turning it but once I got it I loved the way it ran and turned. if I can figure out how to extract some footage from a DVD of our last race I will post it. We shattered the closed course record only to find one buoy was out of place on the course. Didn't change the fact that we broke the record but the course wasn't as plotted and the surveyor would not sign the certificate.
    18 Talon/2.4 carb SOLD
    26 Deck Boat/250 Merc

15. Likes AZMIDLYF, Baker343 liked this post
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bobby, you have a PM.

Al, One of my fav memories is at Parker and we were running the APBA stock Mod-VP class and had a very good starting position I think #7. Louis told me to watch out for the speedsters when they caught me. You, Watkins and Foster were all running in the special events class Modified Mod-VP. We were testing at 107 and I was flat out on the second lap when the three of ya`ll came around me at the same time with something like 10mph faster. It was so cool.
    I'd rather be competitive w/junk I built in my garage than win w/stuff I bought.

I refuse to allow common sense to interfere w/my boat buying decisions.

Checkmate 16' 140 Johnson
    Hydrostream 17' Vector FrankenRude I
    Laser 480 (?) 21' w/GT 200
    Glastron Carlson Conquest w/XP 2.6
    Glastron Carlson CVX 20 w/XP 2.6
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 Johnsons
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 HO Johnsons
    19' STV River Rocket w/FrankenRude II
    Allison XR 2002 w/Frankenrude II
    Hydrostream 18' V-King w/Frankenrude II

17. Likes Tango liked this post
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17