Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    It's not like they race in the same class , but i guess the animosity is about the overall win. Which i can understand.
    Would a sheet of plywood Elvis era boat be my first choice .. of course not. To my untrained eye, it appears that they put a 110 mph cap on the deal and that takes care of the few fliers in that deal.
    As well as the handfull of outboards that can also breeze past that speed with ease.
    Do they have a medi-vac chopper on site. I've heard it might take a hour or so for the safety crew to realize that the officials haven't scored you for a while and your not in your pit spot ...
    How bout rumble strips, grass run-offs, gravel pits, safer barriers ... nope, just jagged rock walls, trees, docks, houseboats, etc ..
    I might be wrong, But I don't think any V-drive boats start with 160 gals of gas on board. And you defiantly don't see them with the rudder out of the water for any great length of time, if at all.

I take it this part was missed >>>

So with no modern safety devices in place, and an insurance bill to go along with their track record. Do you think it wise to take away a percentage of the steering capacity and then pitch that to the underwriter ... ???

People in Washington don't want us to have cheezeburgers .. how do you think they like fast cars, motorcycles, and boats. And races for all the above ..
    Just what all racing needs is guys who say, your rules are (&&^&*()**( up, I'll go start my own with no rules .. then when some rookie drives over his head and gets XX people hurt or worse ... then everyone takes the hit ..

Seems like the team that can go close to 100 mph for four hours is gonna ring the bell at the end ... simple right <strike></strike>
    [/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]
    Spoke with the 29GN boat owner yesterday and he has 2 60 gallon fuel tanks and starts the race with 100 gallons

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There are really slim to few V-drive or Jet boats on the east coast. If the boats that once thundered Miami Marine Stadium still exist, they do so buried in people garages or are museum pieces . More likely to see a Unicorn than one runnin our river or parked at the sandbar. However, if there was a race this side of the Mississippi that they were invited to , I'm sure Duff would be able to drag a few out of the woodwork ..
    The bad thing about racers promoting races, is they never look at it like a spectator (can't believe I just said that ) Many time's it's with a chip on their shoulder and done for the wrong reasons, or to make it successful enough (racers were respected and had a good time, spectators saw a good show and the businesses in town made a little money ) to do it again.

I've seen vids of people walking around the pits before the race talking to people. I look at the boats, honestly ... a big tank, a 1"x .090 alum strap haphazardly bent around the tank , a couple pieces of pillow foam here and there . You could slide your hand in anywhere you wanted and then the end bent over and a sheet metal screw driven in a stringer. Throttle and shift cables 4' too long hanging way outside the boat. They certainly wouldn't pass if I ran tech .. and it's easy to see why many don't finish .. or worse.
    100 gal of gas @ a SG of .73 is 610 lbs. Lot of weight for a lil azz boat. I'm sure they have their reason, but instead of a couple mandatory lengthy pit stops. Let em come in and get a splash whenever they need it .. Do they not have transponders to keep track of everyone... ???

Nevermind .. I forgot , I startin to get galvanize poisoning. It's never gonna make sense. I raced Top Dragster and Quick-16 shows in NHRA and IHRA for a couple of decades. Thats two advanced licenses one every two years the others every three, + the doctors visits same as FAA . Same for chassis cert stickers. $150 ea Belts every two years $200 -15 fire suit $1000 recert every 5 years. Gloves, boots same ****. Harmonic balancer, flex plate, trans case or shields , every 5 years ( I had three) that I had to take apart to ship to California for a ******* $100 decal. bead lock wheels. two chutes, SA helmet every 5 years $400 ... They lost their love for the sport and they treated us like second rate citizens half the time ... and it deff wore off on me ..

The insanely expensive decal fetish ... made the insurance people happy ..

I didn't mind buying a good fire suit ..

The racers I met were great ...

Zippin along at 200+ was a lot of fun ...

It seems all racing has turned into a game for the young, wealthy, and those with a high acceptance level. None of which I seem to possess any longer ...

3. Likes mr fun, Baker343 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like the team that can go close to 100 mph for four hours is gonna ring the bell at the end ... simple right <strike></strike>
    [/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT].

This Sleekcraft rang the bell last year.
    Probably ran around 102mph when conditions permitted and around 92mph the rest of the time.
    He's got a lot of time invested in setup and testing, especially the bottom of his boat

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	parkerenduro_leigh4.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	449595
    Last edited by Baker343; 09-25-2019 at 04:30 PM.

5. Likes AZMIDLYF, blkmtrfan liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Four stroke or green two stroke?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not familiar with the Yamahas but I think its a green mota with valves and stuff.
    It doesn't sound fast but it flat out moves.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This gentleman has been racing since 1951 and won the 2017 Parker Enduro 2L class.

Name:	88.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	449631
    Last edited by Baker343; 09-26-2019 at 04:23 PM.

9. Likes AZMIDLYF liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1951 With his rubber duckies in the bathtub.
    We have invented the world; WE see

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baker343 View Post
    [/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT].

This Sleekcraft rang the bell last year.
    Probably ran around 102mph when conditions permitted and around 92mph the rest of the time.
    He's got a lot of time invested in setup and testing, especially the bottom of his boat

102+92=194/2=97 Yup purty close to a hunert ...

Ohhpp.. my galvanize poison is just healin ..

Name:	parkerenduro_leigh4.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	449595

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Soo what did he do with the bottom?
    We have invented the world; WE see

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CUDA View Post
    I'm sure he blueprinted the bottom, but here is what he did to the rest of the boat:

It was reasons like this why I decided my boat was not ready for the Parker and cancelled going. After looking at the age & signs of wear on my hull... I decided to split the hull, replace and upgrade all bulkheads and remove the rubrail with many layers of both carbon and glass so there was zero hull flex. I also added lots of extra bulkheads, boxed areas full of structural floatation foam and stringer reinforcement knowing this event will push the hull to massive stress. I have consulted with several friends who work for local Offshore Boat builders where their product is designed for massive wave impact throughout its life cycle.
    I CAN ALWAYS MAKE ANOTHER DOLLAR, BUT I CANNOT MAKE ANOTHER DAY

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this is the boat I`m thinking about it was a long thread on here. He did several mods other than just sharpening things up. I remember making a few posts on the thread. I don`t know how to find it tho.

Edit: I found the thread I mentioned in fiberglass rebuild forum. The name of the thread is " 1985 SleekCraft transom replacement". He went far beyond the transom job. Still not sure if it`s the same boat but he did mention two things that make me think that it is. he was putting a 500lb motor on it and said that the Parker race was a possibility.
    Last edited by Da Bull; 09-27-2019 at 07:55 AM.

15. Likes Baker343 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I CAN ALWAYS MAKE ANOTHER DOLLAR, BUT I CANNOT MAKE ANOTHER DAY

17. Thanks Baker343 thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1951 With his rubber duckies in the bathtub.
    He also flew planes off Navy carriers for 10 years starting in 1961. The Antietam, Lexington, Randolph and the Intrepid (which is now in a museum in New York). He's also a S&F member.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me clarify for ya, Yes its the same old boat. Bought the poor rotten thing from a past mod vp partner Ron Hill in summer of 2012. Had no intention of racing the Parker Enduro again, did all that in the 80's. Put a year into it as the thread shows, waaaay more work than it originally looked like, but so often the way it goes. Ran it the first time at lake Irvine in Sept. 2013, whoa, it was not good, nose would start to draw ever increasing circles at about 75 mph. Greg Foster got in it and got rite out, figured if he can't make it behave it not going to. Turn it back over and more work to the center pod, added tunnel tabs 1/8 up, solid motor mounts, shifted the balance point and boat ran 91 with a Hill marine 32 cleaver 5 blade. Hmmmm, enduro is a week away, might as well enter and see how it goes. Boat did well after we got past a failed Optima battery, had fun, so planned on the next year. The next year brought more balance shifting, fixed a few weak spots in hull to bulk head joints, put 2 inline seats in it and pleasure boated, testing on Mondays at Parker. Simon computer flash in 2015 and now we had a real competitor running a consistent 101-102. The following years produced division wins, and a real strong third behind 34 and 48. My confidence in the boat and the change in bottom design grew enabling me to attack the 180's at each end on the inside and hang it out in the straights. Preparation the 2017-2018 with not much change. just seat time, lots of it. Took the checkered flag in both 2017 and 2018 with a technical flaw that took the win away in 2017, seems you can't fill up Parker at the 89 pump because its got ethanol in it, but that's another story. To back up a little, I lost my co-driver in 2015, so I've run it alone since. Able to do this because of our program that has been developed by my two engineer sons and racers themselves. You see I don't even touch the boat during race weekend other than driving it, allowing me to completely focus on my job of getting it done quickly and above all safely. Our program specifies 15 different jobs during the right down to filming our pit stops. So efficient, I've got time to walk off the pain, eat something, lots of water and then sit in the water for the 11 minutes to expire. It has been a absolute blast with my family and friends, meet some really great people, rekindled some decades old friendships and kept the deck dry much to my wife's pleasure.

20. Thanks Baker343, mr fun thanked for this post
    Likes AZMIDLYF, Baker343, mr fun liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was shot by Mark McLaughlin from the helicopter in the 2018 endure

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast