Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    Build a v-bottom with a v8 and your rules are free. Just try to figure out how to keep it alive at 100mph avg and only stop twice for fuel.
    I do my best to not get galvanize poisoning. You know, the guys that hang on the fence and whine about the rules .. or how it usta be . Easy to spot em , by looking at their forearms . Advanced case's spread to the voice box , some times so bad, you would think that actually hate the sport ..

I noticed in your proposed race .. your excluding inboards. Are you afraid of them, or just hate racer entry money ?

Yesterday, I asked a good friend / customer of mine, what did you guys do to the poor outboard guys. They sound like democrats with Trump derangement syndrome where I hang out ... LOL

I mentioned the propshaft height rule .. he said , Well they should try riding a flat sheet of plywood dragging a propshaft , support strut , the full propellor underwater , tucked under at a 10* angle , a big azz rudder and all the weight in front of the transom.
    He said he would gladly settle for the prop shaft being "only" one inch below deck.
    In the outboards defense , I told him they really don't start to run or turn very well until you dry out the gear case . He calmly stated that with little skeg in the water and a continuous side wake , even at an inch below, there has been more than one outboard boat hook and pitch the driver thru the side right in from of him . Given his decades of experience , who am I to argue .. Come to think of it, if thats whats stopping someone from going, I think they really didn't wanna really race in the first place. Cuz when I was young, ifin there was a woman I wanted to be with, or a race I wanted to enter ... I'd crawl thru broken ******* glass to get there ..

PS, He said that Nordic is a win waiting to happen ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree about the Nordic. Well sorted package and I had pretty much given the win to them simply because the boat was hardly breathing and strolling by everyone. But the fat lady wasn't singing at the end.
    I CAN ALWAYS MAKE ANOTHER DOLLAR, BUT I CANNOT MAKE ANOTHER DAY

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed in your proposed race .. your excluding inboards. Are you afraid of them, or just hate racer entry money ?
    The name of the event...
    Outboard __________. There are dozens of venues Nationwide allowing the racing of inboard boats and I'm focusing mine on the original series from the heyday of outboard racing. If I could get it funded, sanctioned and insured with no rules and a big purse, I'd say "Run Whatcha Brung" and see if those talking the most smack were still running at the halfway laps.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tow boats stay busy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	702.JPG 
Views:	202 
Size:	292.6 KB 
ID:	449102

5. Likes AZMIDLYF liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A friend of mine 21 Raysoncraft, Supercharged 468. Absolutely gorgeous setup.
    Probably spent over 40K on the engine and who knows on 2 custom built 80 gal fuel tanks.
    They missed on the setup with the cavitation plates and there was apparently not enough to readjust or override. Absolute handful.
    They lasted maybe 8 laps and hurt/destroyed the engine.

Name:	29.JPG 
Views:	204 
Size:	301.8 KB 
ID:	449103

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many of those inboard boats running the race were never designed for anything but flat water conditions and trying to run fuel tanks that are oversize simply puts the hulls in a dynamic they were never designed for. The failure rate versus the outboard boats is a >3:1 if not greater. With no driver restraints, it takes very little to eject a driver into a congested river where a bad situation gets worse fast.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fixed it for ya ...

Most of those boats were designed when Elvis did Clambake.

Chaz = thinkin, you guys sure point your finger a lot ...

9. Likes Tango liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    I mentioned the propshaft height rule .. he said , Well they should try riding a flat sheet of plywood dragging a propshaft , support strut , the full propellor underwater , tucked under at a 10* angle , a big azz rudder and all the weight in front of the transom.
    He said he would gladly settle for the prop shaft being "only" one inch below deck.
    If only they'd let them run as originally designed and intended. Not the OB boat's fault they decided to put the running gear under their flat piece of plywood. A few hundred more cubic inches and blowers never hurts them either.
    Keith-

11. Likes Tango liked this post
    #2 iron from the Mayo clinic, Fla. / Blue Ridge, VA.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    I do my best to not get galvanize poisoning. You know, the guys that hang on the fence and whine about the rules .. or how it usta be . Easy to spot em , by looking at their forearms . Advanced case's spread to the voice box , some times so bad, you would think that actually hate the sport ..

Yesterday, I asked a good friend / customer of mine, what did you guys do to the poor outboard guys. They sound like democrats with Trump derangement syndrome where I hang out ... LOL

Cuz when I was young, ifin there was a woman I wanted to be with, or a race I wanted to enter ... I'd crawl thru broken ******* glass to get there ..

PS, He said that Nordic is a win waiting to happen ...
    I belive the quote is " I'd crawl a mile thru a tunnel of broken glass on my hands and knees just to hear her fart through a walkie talkie "
    most overnite successes usually take at least 10 years

Certified turd polisher,

13. Likes Baker343 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's not like they race in the same class , but i guess the animosity is about the overall win. Which i can understand.
    Would a sheet of plywood Elvis era boat be my first choice .. of course not. To my untrained eye, it appears that they put a 110 mph cap on the deal and that takes care of the few fliers in that deal.
    As well as the handfull of outboards that can also breeze past that speed with ease.
    Do they have a medi-vac chopper on site. I've heard it might take a hour or so for the safety crew to realize that the officials haven't scored you for a while and your not in your pit spot ...
    How bout rumble strips, grass run-offs, gravel pits, safer barriers ... nope, just jagged rock walls, trees, docks, houseboats, etc ..
    I might be wrong, But I don't think any V-drive boats start with 160 gals of gas on board. And you defiantly don't see them with the rudder out of the water for any great length of time, if at all.

I take it this part was missed >>>
    I told him they really don't start to run or turn very well until you dry out the gear case . He calmly stated that with little skeg in the water and a continuous side wake , even at an inch below, there has been more than one outboard boat hook and pitch the driver thru the side right in from of him .

So with no modern safety devices in place, and an insurance bill to go along with their track record. Do you think it wise to take away a percentage of the steering capacity and then pitch that to the underwriter ... ???

People in Washington don't want us to have cheezeburgers .. how do you think they like fast cars, motorcycles, and boats. And races for all the above ..
    Just what all racing needs is guys who say, your rules are (&&^&*()**( up, I'll go start my own with no rules .. then when some rookie drives over his head and gets XX people hurt or worse ... then everyone takes the hit ..

Seems like the team that can go close to 100 mph for four hours is gonna ring the bell at the end ... simple right <strike></strike>

15. Thanks Baker343 thanked for this post
    Likes AZMIDLYF liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr fun View Post
    I belive the quote is " I'd crawl a mile thru a tunnel of broken glass on my hands and knees just to hear her fart through a walkie talkie "
    That's determination right there ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr fun View Post
    I don't know your guys love affair but, that was some funny sssh.t

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there not enough interest for 2 events, an inboard and an outboard event?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baker343 View Post
    I don't know your guys love affair but, that was some funny sssh.t
    Obviously, we both have impeccable taste in woman ...

20. Likes Baker343 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:	29.JPG 
Views:	134 
Size:	301.8 KB 
ID:	449253Click image for larger version. 

Name:	333.JPG 
Views:	131 
Size:	271.3 KB 
ID:	449251
    Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    Many of those inboard boats running the race were never designed for anything but flat water conditions and trying to run fuel tanks that are oversize simply puts the hulls in a dynamic they were never designed for. The failure rate versus the outboard boats is a >3:1 if not greater. With no driver restraints, it takes very little to eject a driver into a congested river where a bad situation gets worse fast.
    The 29 Grand National GN boat was a previous Parker Enduro winner in 2010. I have ran this event since 2013 and have learned and I am still learning the hard way that set up and testing gives you the best chance just to finish. It is truly difficult to simulate the crap we run over to set up and test your boat.

I believe the inboards your referring to 18 Hondo's, Sanger's ect. type flat bottoms are a select few and they take a beating and are completely nuts.

The GN boats run 20 laps in our roundy round schedules and are designed to run 110 to 115mph in some nasty slop.

The 3 worst crashes at last years race were outboards. 2 hooked, race and testing and 1 stuffed it. And I know the 1" below gets a lot of peoples panties in a wad. Understand there are again several back in the day Mod-vp racers on the rules committee and I would hope that they have everyone's best interest in mind. SAFETY

Kudos to you for attempting to create more marathon racing on the east side. As you know it creates a huge buzz and its a blast even with rules.

The 333 boat is one of the few boats that dominates the Enduro carry larges amounts of fuel. I believe the last few races he split a fuel tank and had a prop quit on him.
    There are usually more DNF's than finishers.

Attachment 449242
    Last edited by Baker343; 09-27-2019 at 12:43 PM.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast