Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help me get my prop dialed in

Hey everyone,
    i did some prop testing over the weekend on my 2020 actoincraft flats boat with a bobs jack plate, nosecone/low water pick up on my 225 efi 3.0L merc.

i tried a mirage 23p was fine untill i brought up the jack plate then i was way over on rpms.

26p tempest plus, this prop ran the fasttest but i was only turning 5200rpms, if i brought the jack plate up to 6 and trimmed more i could get mor rpm but at that height i losed water preassure and i felt the prop loos bite and i started slowing down.

Im thinking about going to a 4 blade, not sure where to start. I want the ability to bring the jack plate up if i need to but i dont want to have to run it up past 4 constantly if i dont have to anything past 4.5 and up the boat feels really squirly in the water and steering is all over the place.

Gps crapped out on me so i dont have speed numbers. Acording to my phone app i got 57mph with the 26tempest but theres no way thats right because i can touch 57mph with the 19p mirage plus and the jack plate down.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A over hub 4 blade will keep a good bite while rasing mota until u loose pressure , also 4 blade more stable while runnin high, trophy and bblades work well to

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don’t have to go to max. Just like trim you put the jack plat we’re it runs and mark it. Then you can jack down for bite and up high for shallow water. And load changes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need a speedo when determining set up. Of the props i run, the one that feels the fastest is about 7 mph slower then my fastest, but it feels quite the opposite x's 2. Maybe because it is wanting to walk, or because it is a stern lifting prop? I dont know, but i was surprised.

Also found similar when determining how much trim i run at top end. Hard to feel that you drop a few or gain a few if it happens gradually. Gps speedo tells 'few' lies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an inexpensive installed GPS speedo, works fine so far. Also run a speedometer app (GPS) on my phone. They are always with 1-2 MPH of each other. So if budget is an issue, at least put the app on your phone.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use command compass. It has a level I can calibrate to check angle of bow lift. Tough to set up but pretty accurate once calibrated to a level pad/strake/lift surface. Also matches my lowrance gps 95% of the time for speed.