Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Installing a Bimini Top on my Allison Grandsport

Due to getting old, the hot sun recently has taken its toll on my Wife and I. Years ago I talked to a couple of Custom shops about building a Bimini Top for my Allison Grandsport and no one would do it. They all said the boat was too fast for a Bimini Top and they did not want to be liable. George Larson found a shop in Winter Haven that installed one on his XB2003 Bass Boat but they were no longer in business when I checked.
    I found a company [National Covers] that are building me a three bow Sunbrella Bimini. I am planning on mounting it on a slide track inside [Vertical] inside the cockpit with pull pins to make it removable.
    Has anyone ever installed one like this?
    I have the Bimini on its way with the vertical pull pin hardware, but have not ordered the slide tracks.
    Thanks for any help,
    JR

"Confidence" is that wonderful feeling you had right before you fully understood your true situation.- Unknown
    I don’t know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they terrify me.- Duke of Wellington
    “I am not afraid of an Army of lions lead by a sheep; I am afraid of sheep lead by a lion.” – Alexander the Great
    Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.-Douglas MacArthur

Allison GSE 300XS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I sent you a P.M.

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks much!

"Confidence" is that wonderful feeling you had right before you fully understood your true situation.- Unknown
    I don’t know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they terrify me.- Duke of Wellington
    “I am not afraid of an Army of lions lead by a sheep; I am afraid of sheep lead by a lion.” – Alexander the Great
    Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.-Douglas MacArthur

Allison GSE 300XS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grandsport with Bimini Top

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1230.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	451.5 KB 
ID:	445896

Allison GSE 300XS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks good and so does that newer 300, how does it handle?
    Allison XB02, 22ft Tritoon 225 4 stroke, two seadoo sparks

Past rides 2001 STV EURO, Allison Grandsport, STV RiverRocket, STV Euro, STV ProComp, Hydrostream V-King
    RIP RPM RACING
    RIP GTS1