Does anyone know if something on the motor can send a short to the ecu taking out the injector driver? Long story short, I just had power head rebuilt because of carelessness by last guy who out it together. After getting it back the boat ran great and is still in break in time when it shut off running across the lake and would not start back up. Ecu plug has burnt electrical smell. Boat has fuel and fire but does not start. I was given a test ecu to try and it started boat after a few cranks and ran. I had found a broken plug while checking for spark and tried plugging my old ecu in after finding that thinking with double oil that firing on all 6 was important to start and no start with old ecu. I then thought "boom" ecu!!! Plugged test ecu in and does not start either now. So I'm asking is it possible to have something on the motor send a short taking it out and maybe that's what happened to mine? All ignition stuff has been changed. Stator, switch boxes, trigger and voltage regulators, had a charging issue prior to engine failure. What and how can I test this to see what's going on now? Is there a way I can check for injector pulse? Motor will pop off on a spray of carb cleaner or whatever else but I'm not comfortable with doing that and bring brand new on a rebuild. If anyone can advise it is very much appreciated.