User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Alpena,Michigan
    Posts
    946
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I seen a video of a stv or mirage with a 150 inline and it was flying.I think it was in Mexico.
    Bob

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    9,440
    Thanks (Given)
    14
    Thanks (Received)
    65
    Likes (Given)
    474
    Likes (Received)
    382
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    50mph
    Rob Lankford

    1988 20' Action Marine 2.4 200

    Previous owned boats worth mentioning

    1976 17' Action Marine 2.4 200
    1984 20' Action Marine 2.5 200
    1983 17' Hydrostream V-King 2.4 Bridgeport
    2003 LPB STV RR COPY 2.5 280 /300 Drag
    2005 LPB STV RR COPY 2.5 280
    2005 Baja 23 Outlaw 6.2 Mercruiser
    2006 FTP Quarter Shot T3 Race 2.5 200 CARB/2.5 225 PROMAX
    2009 FTP Quarter Shot T3 Race 2.5 280




  3. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Twin Cities, Minnesota
    Posts
    1,973
    Thanks (Given)
    12
    Thanks (Received)
    67
    Likes (Given)
    107
    Likes (Received)
    362
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After the boat, does he get the 69 Camaro when he's 18?
    If I don't ask any questions, I'll never learn anything.

  4. Likes XstreamVking liked this post
  5. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New Smyrna Beach, FL.
    Posts
    3,802
    Thanks (Given)
    144
    Thanks (Received)
    269
    Likes (Given)
    643
    Likes (Received)
    2498
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazymaan View Post
    After the boat, does he get the 69 Camaro when he's 18?
    Hes an only child but cars are not really my thing unless its something that we would get into together. Boating forces time spent together and created great memories for me that will never be erased. All every parent wants for their kid is more then what they had...

    Joe

  6. Likes wtsjr66 liked this post
  7. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Twin Cities, Minnesota
    Posts
    1,973
    Thanks (Given)
    12
    Thanks (Received)
    67
    Likes (Given)
    107
    Likes (Received)
    362
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought maybe you had a 69 camaro under the car cover next to the STV. By looking at the rear quarter panel body line.
    If I don't ask any questions, I'll never learn anything.

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New Smyrna Beach, FL.
    Posts
    3,802
    Thanks (Given)
    144
    Thanks (Received)
    269
    Likes (Given)
    643
    Likes (Received)
    2498
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazymaan View Post
    I thought maybe you had a 69 camaro under the car cover next to the STV. By looking at the rear quarter panel body line.
    Thats a hellcat "family car". But its not mine.

    Joe

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Palm City Fla
    Posts
    3,394
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    217
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    2109
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPEROG View Post
    Boating forces time spent together and created great memories for me that will never be erased.
    Joe
    And those frustrating times when you think he's not paying attention or "just not really into it". It's just a momentary thing in their life they have to figure out. It might take ten years for him to say so, but it will dawn on him as it has for my son that you were there at his side for all of it.


    Tell Cory I said "awesome whip dude" .. or whatever they say these days

  10. Thanks JPEROG thanked for this post
    Likes Capt.Insane-o, delawarerick liked this post
  11. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Windsor, Ontario
    Posts
    5,493
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    55
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    189
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a 115 HO Etec on a pair of boats. 67 on a 16' Baja with a big prop. 64 with a more useful prop. Then we put the 115 on a 19' flat bottom ski boat (J Craft). 52 with a big prop, 47 with a ski prop. My guess is the STV won't be as fast as the Baja, but a lot faster than the ski boat.

  12. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    13,601
    Thanks (Given)
    94
    Thanks (Received)
    256
    Likes (Given)
    4348
    Likes (Received)
    2384
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Simon could move the limiter...but thats kinda spendy

  13. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New Smyrna Beach, FL.
    Posts
    3,802
    Thanks (Given)
    144
    Thanks (Received)
    269
    Likes (Given)
    643
    Likes (Received)
    2498
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Insane-o View Post
    Simon could move the limiter...but thats kinda spendy
    You think its safe to turn it 62 or 64 for extended periods? I can get the box bumped but I want it to live and not go past its power curve. We had the little whaler set up to run 5720 on the smartcraft and it stayed there for 30 miles at a time. The 2.07 will help a little bit as well.

    Joe

  14. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    minocqua, wis
    Posts
    3,278
    Thanks (Given)
    3
    Thanks (Received)
    65
    Likes (Given)
    243
    Likes (Received)
    383
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back in the earily ,70,s I was 13 ,if your boat went 50 you were king ,I got my 14 , alumna craft up to 28 with 10 hp Omc , my cousin went 30 with 9.8 merc on 12 , alum a craft ,so one day we decided to put both motors on the 12 footer , and each steer with tanks in the front we almost lost it and our parents were mad ,I think we never made to 30 mph and if we had I think we would of been upside down ,so joe is doing it right to get sons feet wet before the real speed come along

  15. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    13,601
    Thanks (Given)
    94
    Thanks (Received)
    256
    Likes (Given)
    4348
    Likes (Received)
    2384
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eli View Post
    Back in the earily ,70,s I was 13 ,if your boat went 50 you were king ,I got my 14 , alumna craft up to 28 with 10 hp Omc , my cousin went 30 with 9.8 merc on 12 , alum a craft ,so one day we decided to put both motors on the 12 footer , and each steer with tanks in the front we almost lost it and our parents were mad ,I think we never made to 30 mph and if we had I think we would of been upside down ,so joe is doing it right to get sons feet wet before the real speed come along
    Well if he was a real dad he would put him in a center steer viper with a 150 and a 28 chopper with the nose cone pointed at the drain hole.

  16. Likes Michael J Giesler, eli liked this post
  17. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Florida/New York
    Posts
    20,929
    Thanks (Given)
    578
    Thanks (Received)
    755
    Likes (Given)
    2295
    Likes (Received)
    3167
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I remember somebody clamping a 9.9 Merc on a Mirage, and if I recall, it ran on plane too!
    @JPEROG great post Joe and I love that Pro Comp!

    My first fast boat was a Vector with a 140 Mariner inline-6. I had money saved from my after-school job of being a bicycle assembler at Toys R’ Us. That was when I was 16 and I was on top of the world. I remember that feeling of just being in the coolest boat ever. I think it ran like 65mph at best but that was perfectly fine for me. It had a huge impact on my life. Nothing really ever matches those first incredible feelings of owning such an awesome boat.


    Facebook | YouTube | Vintage Outboard Catalogs
    Photo prints available of your boat - click here


  18. Likes Frank Molé, Capt.Insane-o liked this post
  19. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    13,601
    Thanks (Given)
    94
    Thanks (Received)
    256
    Likes (Given)
    4348
    Likes (Received)
    2384
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scream And Fly View Post
    I remember somebody clamping a 9.9 Merc on a Mirage, and if I recall, it ran on plane too!
    @JPEROG great post Joe and I love that Pro Comp!

    My first fast boat was a Vector with a 140 Mariner inline-6. I had money saved from my after-school job of being a bicycle assembler at Toys R’ Us. That was when I was 16 and I was on top of the world. I remember that feeling of just being in the coolest boat ever. I think it ran like 65mph at best but that was perfectly fine for me. It had a huge impact on my life. Nothing really ever matches those first incredible feelings of owning such an awesome boat.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Attachment_03.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	439605

  20. Likes Kcraft, HydroSkreamin, AZMIDLYF liked this post
  21. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    St. Cloud, MN
    Posts
    1,414
    Thanks (Given)
    3
    Thanks (Received)
    29
    Likes (Given)
    8
    Likes (Received)
    216
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^ Great pic !

    MDS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Introducing www.phoneconnectionslimited.co.uk for lowest price on mobile phones
    By zedkelly in forum Jet Boats, V-Drives and Stern Drives
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-01-2013, 08:42 PM
  2. Lowest ET ever run in Pro-gas
    By speedy in forum Racer's Hangout
    Replies: 197
    Last Post: 03-09-2010, 10:24 PM
  3. lowest boat sales 40 yrs
    By chynewalkr in forum The Scream And Fly Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-26-2008, 04:39 PM
  4. OMC V6 - Jetting lowest cylinders up one or two sizes
    By tcsmith315 in forum Technical Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-01-2003, 08:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Eddie Marine - Horizontal