Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Opinions on Seastar Gen2 Extreme Hydraulic Jackplates

Anyone have any opinions/reviews on the new(ish) Gen2 Extreme Jackplates from Seastar? How do they compare to Bobs Extreme Gen 3 Action or Atlas HD jackplates?

I am looking to get a 6" hydraulic jackplate for my Checkmate Starflite with a Monty OMC V8.

Thanks!
    Mike

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m interested in the same plate for the same V8 application. They are bloody expensive but Teleflex has a lot of engineering expertise in hydraulic applications.

Matt

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What plate did you end up going with?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went with the Seastar Gen2 Extreme 6". I like the open frame design over the others. Doesn't drag in the water when taking off and lighter weight.

So far extremely happy with it. Very solid unit - no noticable movement from the engine at high speeds (> 85 mph). Gauge is accurate and matched the rest of my gauges nicely. My only complaint is the wiring harness isn't made with marine grade tinned wire. However, the connections at the water are sealed so it should be ok for a long time.

I'll post a video once I get back to my computer.

-Mike

5. Thanks Greg G thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SeaStar Solutions Announces Next Generation SeaStar Jackplates

Gen II Design Enhancements Improve Strength, Accessibility and Durability
    By Charles Plueddeman May 2, 2018

SeaStar Solutions has announced the introduction of its "next generation" SeaStar Jackplates. The improved Gen II SeaStar Standard and Xtreme Jackplates are easier to install and adjust and can better resist the damaging effects of the harsh marine environment.

The new Gen II SeaStar Jackplates are available in two models. The SeaStar Standard Jackplate is rated for outboards up to 300 horsepower and the new SeaStar Xtreme Jackplate for outboards up to 400 horsepower. Advanced composite bushings allow for smoother movement of the hydraulic rams when the jackplate is raised or lowered for superior performance at all speeds and loads. Both models are available with 4-, 6-, 8-, 10- and 12-inch setbacks. Thanks to redesigned engine brackets, shallow water anchors can now be mounted to all setbacks, from 4 inches to 12 inches, on both models without the use of adapter plates. Redesigned engine brackets have also improved access to the mounting bolts. Side access has been introduced to make it easier to get a wrench on engine mounting bolts while clearance to access transom mounting bolts has also been opened up, making it easier for one person to install the plate on a boat.

While adding strength and improving access, the new design uses less material and has resulted in the weight reduction of 15 percent over the original models. Thicker mil-spec anodizing of the aluminum frame and lift, as well as more effective sacrificial anode mounting points, provide improved protection against corrosion, especially in harsh saltwater conditions.

Many SeaStar Jackplates are installed on boats together with the SeaStar ProTap system which allows for precise, standardized height adjustment. Key to the ProTap system is the SmartStick sensor, which can now be more-easily installed along the side of the plate.

For more information on new SeaStar Jackplates and the complete range of SeaStar steering and control products visit a SeaStar Solutions marine dealer
    or go to www.seastarsolutions.com.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SeaStarExtreme.JPG