Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yamaha 2003 ox66 250 hp help. Runs rough intermittent issues

Is there someone that I can pick their brain over the phone about my issue?
    I have done a lot to and have failed to fix this issue. It has been an ongoing intermittent misfire for bogging down. I replaced the manual fuel pumps and hoses a couple years ago because they were cracked. Boat ran great until about 8 months ago but has progressively got worse. It would misfire or bog around 3 to 4k rpm then randomly during a tournament it would have trouble getting on plane. It would bog down till it got over 3k rpm. I replaced fuel lines again, primer bulb, filter checked vst, replaced high pressure pump. About Feb the boat would not get on plane at all and one of the lift pumps were bad. Replace it and other 2 again. Ran better but still would bog down like it did but more consistent. It seems that the fuel level in water separator gets below the bottom of the pickup screen. I am not sure if it would do that if a cylinder is not firing for some reason. I have done a lot of troubleshooting but would like to pick someone's brain that knows how to troubleshoot the ox66 very good. Thanks ahead of time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate OX66 motors. 2 things that may help you though. There is a knock sensor on back of port head, lower left. Unhook it and see if that helps. It could be bad sensor or bad fuel causing no timing advance. Also that motor has a 2 speed fuel pump, lower press. at low RPM and higher press. at higher RPM. There is a switch for it top front of motor, left side. jump across it and see if that helps. lastly clean the O2 sensor on right side of motor, A box looking thing with 1 wire coming out.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I finally figured it out. I am waiting for a couple more trips out to say for sure. #5 coil pack was breaking down. When I tested them prior they passed all test and this last time I decided to start all over and it failed resistance checks. Replaced and has been running great 2 trips out.