Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bumping this because my V-king floats very tail heavy and Im thinking of relocating the battery up front and perhaps and/or getting a much lighter battery Lion type or something. Im unsure about the handling results so any further ideas or suggestions are more than welcome.

Set up is 98 Merc 200efi with oil injection which I am deleting, a CMC Power lift. Battery is currently on left rear of boat. Hope losing the battery and the oil inj tank will level out the hull when idling or parked. Under power it handles very well as it is, so its a tough call. I just want to be able to dock it for lunch and not have to worry about it getting swamped
    Hydrostream dreamin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Will hedrick View Post
    Wow, I see ur point with the pics. Not questioning ur judgement. It all looks great.i bet it is a fun boat to drive. Def. Post the results after you have had it out.
    I totally forgot about this thread. The boat runs 100% better. Just to include all details, 16' Hydrostream, 2.4 200 EFI on a 6" jackplate, cle lower set 1.25" above the pad. 11 gal plastic fuel tank centred in the back, just far enough forward to allow water drainage and bilge access, nothing else in the rear. The hotfoot mount/deadpedal/battery mount I posted a picture of before has been rock solid, only issue is battery access, I have a fire extinguisher mounted on one side of driver's seat, shifter on other side. Tough to get under the dash when a boost is needed. Porpoising has been reduced, time to plane has been reduced, and boat isn't nearly as flighty in the upper 70's. Overall I think setup is pretty much nailed. Oh, and it's for sale now lol

3. Likes MattGreen, Will hedrick liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4