I'm moving the battery from the rear of my 84 viper to the nose to make room for the other 6 gallon gas tank on each side of the tilt/trim motor.

There isn't enough room to mount the BOX to the floor and have room to drop the battery in. I can put a strap hook on the floor - put battery in box...then move box to the spot and nylon strap it in. But the battery (27 series) would be bouncing all around in the box. I found a heavy duty marine battery mounting tray that locks it down. This would hold it in place - be easy to slide in - lock in- set the mount...and go. But, if it ruptured - acid would spill on the floor.

I think it was much more dangerous in the rear of the boat in the box where gasses from the battery and or tank with any possible sparks from the tilt/trim motor could have started a fire.

It seems to me though the lead acid battery gets the daylights beat out of it anyway - in the boat...slamming waves. But, I don't see a way to lock it in place - and put it in a container and be able to access it to do it (in a Viper).

A gel battery I'm sure would be best - but not ready to replace it yet.

Any other cool up front battery mounting ideas? Oh...I know a 27 is too much battery for this rig - but when it comes to amps I think some is good and more is better. A 24 would make mounting a bit easier.