Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation 2006 225hp Optimax issues

Hello everyone. I just bought a boat off a guy for a steal of a price (good friend). 288 nitro fish and ski with a 225 optimax. Boat fires right up but has a sorta rough idle. Buzzers sounds 4 times then pauses. If you give it any throttle at all it goes to a solid beep. Motor wont go over 1400-1600rpms in neutral or in gear. Changed plugs. Did a compression test. drained fuel and put new fuel in it. I’m mechanically inclined just lost on boat motors. Motor has 146hrs on it. My friend just never used it. I think the motor is fine but to me its a fueling issue. If you go WOT the throttle body opens all the way, but it don’t seem to be getting enough fuel for the amount of air. Can someone please help, thank you

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://edwardmortell.com/Mercury_EFI...tes_fixed.html

Motor is in Guardian mode reason it wouldn't rev pass 1600rpm fix beeps and that problem should go away. If you change plugs only ngk iridium is to be used. Check your fuel and air numbers on the fuel rail

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2jz View Post
    http://edwardmortell.com/Mercury_EFI...tes_fixed.html

Motor is in Guardian mode reason it wouldn't rev pass 1600rpm fix beeps and that problem should go away. If you change plugs only ngk iridium is to be used. Check your fuel and air numbers on the fuel rail
    I understand everyone says its a low oil alarm. It beeps 4 times, but if its running it intermittently beeps until you give it throttle then it goes to a solid beep.

i have to find the fuel water separator on this boat.

how do i check the air / fuel on the rail? If you’re looking at the back of the motor the right side rail has a schrader valve on the top. It has fuel. The left rail has a schrader valve in the middle of the rail. It just produces air.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4 beep is let u know u have a problem solid beep is warning you have a problem not to operate motor.
    Fuel water separator is on motor at VST. Two drain valve screw on it at bottom. Schrader valve is where u air and fuel pressures
    S

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2jz View Post
    4 beep is let u know u have a problem solid beep is warning you have a problem not to operate motor.
    Fuel water separator is on motor at VST. Two drain valve screw on it at bottom. Schrader valve is where u air and fuel pressures
    S

It has 3 schrader valves. Left rail it’s in the middle and only air comes out. Right one is on the top of the rail and fuel comes out. 3rd is on the bottom of the pressure fuel tank and fuel comes out of it (I believe it’s the return)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vst is for low pressure pump, rail is for fuel pressure, and air is for air pressure.

Do a bleed down on fuel rail , should hold 10-20psif or a while if not you have a leak in the diafram or regulator or injection or o rings lots of places to leak.

Theirs no pressure sensor for fuel fuel or oil though. But there is a level sensor know to go bad. On the tank on the motor for oil theirs a connector disconnect it and if it doesn’t beep it’s the lvl sensor float stuck or something.

Also so will beep for no water pressure and water in fuel. Water pressure will only set while running and only over 1200 Rpm

key on warnings are few. I’ll dig into the book some not committed to memory think theirs one for tps sensor oor
    '06 Tracker All-Fish/Tournament V-18 90 Optimax, 46.8 gps Goal one complete reach 45 mph.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So here is where I’m at now.

No water separator on the boat, guess its on the motor somewhere.

Unplugged oil res on the side of motor and put a jumper wire in the connection, alarm went off, rpms came up to 22-2500. Still wont go over that

If you’re standing behind the motor the schrader valve on the top of the right rail will spray fuel when pressed. The schrader valve in the middle of the rail on the left sprays air. If your press it while the motor is running it will rev way up to like 3800-4200rpms. Schrader valve on the bottom of the metal canister on the left side of the motor will spurt fuel.

alternator is showing 14.1v at idle and 14.67 at 2000rpms. But if you’re running the motor and trim up or down it will kill the engine, like its taking a load against the alternator.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Water separating filter in the vst the orange or blue plastic castle nut piece is the filter.

Odd on the open shrader and rpm increases. Might look at the compressor muffler. Kinda need gauge readings.

Normal volts engine runs only on alternator while operating. the trim thing points me to a battery or wiring messed up. Their sensitive to battery type.

Back pin the tps it should be .17 or higher at idle if it drops when you hit trim theirs a electrical issue. And it will kill the engine if to far below while trimming.

Four beeps also indicate a bad self check and will set gaurdian.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The codes are all over the book.

4 beeps every 2 min is water in fuel or oil

continuously beep is critical fail and fast idle only. Sensors are continuous beep

10. Likes RSWORDS liked this post