Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Larkin View Post
    Dale ; I still own the Velden [ since 1977 ] . Not sure which boat you are thinking of with Stix . The last one he had was a light two tone tan , I will have to go find the pictures I remember his number ae 104 , or 414 ????? This is 50 years ago so a few things have gotten a bit cloudy , Ha ...
    Tell me about it. I haven't seen the Velden in person, but it looks like a work of art from the pictures.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dale you need to come to Leonardtown this year. Roddie came up once as did Jimmy Rogerson. Always a great time.
    18 Talon/2.4 carb SOLD
    26 Deck Boat/250 Merc

3. Likes Mark75H, bajarick liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would not mind sharing my adventures of owning the Velden but there maybe a better place I don't want to hijack anothermans thread . Thanks for the kind words , it is a story I'm not sure Hollywood could dream up . My mission today is to find the pictures of Archer and share them with everyone

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would not mind sharing my adventures of owning the Velden but there maybe a better place I don't want to hijack anothermans thread . Thanks for the kind words , it is a story I'm not sure Hollywood could dream up . My mission today is to find the pictures of Archer and share them with everyone
    My post wasn't very clear, I meant" Tell me about it" not being able to remember things that happened 50 yrs ago. I would like to hear more about the Velden and if you have any pictures of the Speedmasters post them up in another thread.
    Last edited by dale robertson; 04-20-2019 at 11:05 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 99fxst99 View Post
    Dale you need to come to Leonardtown this year. Roddie came up once as did Jimmy Rogerson. Always a great time.
    I will try and make it this year.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just about any race Rudy went too , I was there as well . I very much doubt Rudy was friends with John Hervat , that said the owner of the boat Rudy drove spent lots of $$$ with John . Phil O'berry [ R.I.P. ] owned the Velden and he had John do most of the work that ever needed to be done . Rudy was a member of the Southern Maryland Boat Club and raced in the UJ class .I think some time around the 1976,77,78 era , the class was changed to Mod 100 . Rudy never raced the Mod 100 class .In 77,78 he began racing the Mod U class for a very short time . Rudy doing well speak with his a couple times a year
    Ok thanks, I know there were 2 boats that came from MD and ran MOD100 I don't remember the numbers or names. They were matching Veldens that were painted beautifully in white and orange, and had Johnson KRs. The team was very professional with box vans and were equipped better than anyone running MOD100 out here. I don't remember how they finished that race.
    I just remember John talking about Rudy a lot, I didn't know the relationship there, guess I got that wrong!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dale; I have some pictures I have found of days gone by and my Velden . Yesterday I tried to post them and things did not work out well . I plan on getting them copied correctly and posted . I have as well been in touch with friend [ Herb Gaskins } . His computer skills are less than mine , so he is sending some photos via post office to me . Funny I had to tell him where the pictures are in his basement , Ha ...hmmmm . I will get the pictures and share , those that know me know I never throw anything away so they are here ,it is just collecting everything to one place . A couple years back we had a reunion of the Speedmasters , Southern Maryland Boat Club and I think the Virginia Club {
    ask Smokey about the club name } ., , It was held at the Maritime Museum in Solomonds , Md prior to the reunion they had borrowed a bunch of pictures from me to put in there display. I had offered a bunch of engines to them for display but they did not have interest , may of been due to size and area . They did have an entire wing of the building deadicated to the racing era of Southern Maryland ,there could be a web site show the museum . If you get in touch with Beale Tilton he was largely involved in racing in Southern Maryland and may have some info , he knew Clance Archer and raced with him. He was the "T " of 'E & T Boats . which only built race boats in Southern Maryland

9. Likes Mark75H, bajarick liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dale; I have some pictures I have found of days gone by and my Velden . Yesterday I tried to post them and things did not work out well . I plan on getting them copied correctly and posted . I have as well been in touch with friend [ Herb Gaskins } . His computer skills are less than mine , so he is sending some photos via post office to me . Funny I had to tell him where the pictures are in his basement , Ha ...hmmmm . I will get the pictures and share , those that know me know I never throw anything away so they are here ,it is just collecting everything to one place . A couple years back we had a reunion of the Speedmasters , Southern Maryland Boat Club and I think the Virginia Club {
    ask Smokey about the club name } ., , It was held at the Maritime Museum in Solomonds , Md prior to the reunion they had borrowed a bunch of pictures from me to put in there display. I had offered a bunch of engines to them for display but they did not have interest , may of been due to size and area . They did have an entire wing of the building deadicated to the racing era of Southern Maryland ,there could be a web site show the museum . If you get in touch with Beale Tilton he was largely involved in racing in Southern Maryland and may have some info , he knew Clance Archer and raced with him. He was the "T " of 'E & T Boats . which only built race boats in Southern Maryland
    Steve, sorry I missed that reunion. I will see if I can get in touch with Beale. I found some old pictures with Ray Lumpkin, Kenny Curtis, Raynor Blair and jimmy Caldwell but no Clarence.
    Last edited by dale robertson; 04-22-2019 at 12:56 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me help Mr. Larkin

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	archer3.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	380.6 KB 
ID:	436874Click image for larger version. 

Name:	archer4.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	435.3 KB 
ID:	436875

12. Thanks vintage v4, Mark75H thanked for this post
    Likes vintage v4, Mark75H, bajarick, 99fxst99 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:	clarence archer 530.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	146.1 KB 
ID:	436903Thanks! I cropped this image from the page to enlarge it. Looks like a Cobra hull with super BP1000.

14. Likes Mark75H, 99fxst99 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vintage v4 View Post

Name:	clarence archer 530.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	146.1 KB 
ID:	436903Thanks! I cropped this image from the page to enlarge it. Looks like a Cobra hull with super BP1000.
    The boat pictured with Bobby Alford driving is the one I remembered. I guess my memory is playing tricks on me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DC Speedmasters

Quote Originally Posted by 99fxst99 View Post
    Speedmasters, a great group. Several of them usually show up at the Leonardtown vintage events each year.
    I met Herb Gaskins at Leonardtown in 2018. I got his number, but he has only answered his phone once (about a year and a half ago). I didn't see him last year (@ Leonardtown). Pic is from Bash on the Bay 2018 - Herb has the white hair. I was going so slow Herb asked me if I was nervous driving out on the course..lol...I wasn't nervous, just having engine problems. Being from DC myself, I would love to get some history on the Speedmasters.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN2875.jpg   BASH 10 HP.jpg   BASH 11 HP.jpg  
    Last edited by bajarick; 01-15-2020 at 06:45 AM.

18. Likes Mark75H liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)