Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    You took us down this path, buddy. In your post #132, you said if you were wrong about something you would take it back and apologize. I've shown you were wrong about several things so I was looking for that retraction you promised.

I see you missed the point on that one as well. I'm in no way bragging about supercharging my mustang or calling it any kind of accomplishment. I'm simply showing that I'm not afraid to modify something that's new and within the warranty period, as you claimed. See my first point above.

I can't wait to see the graphs you post up. Me? As I said...I'm not the pioneer and never claimed to be...just an early adopter. I'm not sure what you're trying to prove by creating that thread, other than your disdain for the new 4-strokes.

About the same price as the old 2.5 SS, inflation adjusted of course.
    What are you , 14 years old .. ??? If your old enough to shave, you deff carried a "I'm with her" sign in 2016 ..

Was this not good enough for you .. ???

On a personal note ...

My apologies, for some reason I thought you might be a leader .. not a follower of the "me too" movement ...

If you need more, earn it. Go to red river raceway and go fast enough to have my good friends Nelson+ Marla give ya the boot for going to fast without a cage. Otherwise .. I'll think you got an empty case sittin on top of your intake , to impress the other tiny-bops in the school parkin lot ..

Chaz = thinkin, I can tell you never changed the trim cyl seals, swivel bushings, in your shrimp head .. Otherwise you'd still be cussin ..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    What are you , 14 years old .. ???
    Well if that ain’t the pot calling the kettle black...

If you need more, earn it. Go to red river raceway and go fast enough to have my good friends Nelson+ Marla give ya the boot for going to fast without a cage. Otherwise .. I'll think you got an empty case sittin on top of your intake , to impress the other tiny-bops in the school parkin lot ..
    Been there, done that, except it was at NPR circa ~2002. You’ve been wrong about me at every corner; I’d think you’d stop making ass-umptions by now.

Chaz = thinkin, I can tell you never changed the trim cyl seals, swivel bushings, in your shrimp head .. Otherwise you'd still be cussin ..
    My “shrimp head” is still under warranty, remember? Shrimp head? What are you, 14 years old?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ain’t got nuttin bad to say about the new 4.6. I’d love to be able to play with one and see what we could get out of it. Problem is. I is on the po folk side of town and can’t afford to go out and buy one of these new motas then take it apart and start playing. Don’t know anyone willing to let me. The few I know that’s bought new bass boats with em, fo sho nuff ain’t got no money to put em right away. We would have to find someone to tune em. The few I’ve seen, they all love em though. I’m a guessing that the majority is in our boots in this matter, that’s why ya ain’t seeing much moddin goin on. Give it ten years when ya can get ya hands on some wo out ones, then things ‘ill begin to change. If any y’all got mo money than sense, we can sho start playing

4. Likes Capt.Insane-o liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FORBESAUTO View Post
    I ain’t got nuttin bad to say about the new 4.6. I’d love to be able to play with one and see what we could get out of it. Problem is. I is on the po folk side of town and can’t afford to go out and buy one of these new motas then take it apart and start playing. Don’t know anyone willing to let me. The few I know that’s bought new bass boats with em, fo sho nuff ain’t got no money to put em right away. We would have to find someone to tune em. The few I’ve seen, they all love em though. I’m a guessing that the majority is in our boots in this matter, that’s why ya ain’t seeing much moddin goin on. Give it ten years when ya can get ya hands on some wo out ones, then things ‘ill begin to change. If any y’all got mo money than sense, we can sho start playing
    will those paper thin castings last 10 years?

6. Likes Whaaaaat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only time ‘ill tell. Technology is a wonderful thing. We gotta learn to move with it, or get left behind.

8. Likes engineermike, Rigaud liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t get me wrong, I hate to see the 2 strokes go. That’s the whole reason my hobbie is boats, I work on car motors everyday for a living, it’s nice to play with something different. Mercury is looking ahead at future emissions standards and sees the writing in the wall. Much easier to be ahead of the game and have it right when you are forced to. I understand that and know it has to happen, whether I like it or not. Same reason ford ditched the pushrod motors for the mid motors. Yeah, they caught grief about it, but look now where they are with the coyote and other engines.

10. Likes engineermike liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FORBESAUTO View Post
    Don’t get me wrong, I hate to see the 2 strokes go. That’s the whole reason my hobbie is boats, I work on car motors everyday for a living, it’s nice to play with something different. Mercury is looking ahead at future emissions standards and sees the writing in the wall. Much easier to be ahead of the game and have it right when you are forced to. I understand that and know it has to happen, whether I like it or not. Same reason ford ditched the pushrod motors for the mid motors. Yeah, they caught grief about it, but look now where they are with the coyote and other engines.
    didnt ford just build a new pushrod motor?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes they did, the new 7.3l. The theory behind it is that it will only be used in heavier duty vehicles with gross weights over around 12k, and is designed to be operated in the lower rpm ranges where a large pushrod motor can make more torque and be more fuel efficient and clean. This type motor would not work in a light duty daily driver that isn’t towing and seeing higher rpms (speaking only of fuel mileage and emissions), without doing stupid stuff like killing half the cylinders while cruising by unloading lifters and building a piece of junk that will be lucky to 150k miles before taking a dump

13. Thanks engineermike thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Been there, done that, except it was at NPR circa ~2002. You’ve been wrong about me at every corner; I’d think you’d stop making ass-umptions by now.

My “shrimp head” is still under warranty, remember? Shrimp head? What are you, 14 years old?
    Yea , you "built" a supercharged rustang "to not see what it would run " .. OK I got it now .. LMAO

You just "woke" ? They been callin them Verado's "shrimpheads" since they came out.

They say copy~cat is the most sincere form of flattery. I'm flattered, your still 14, and here is a little matching gift to go with your shrimphead this summer ..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea , you "built" a supercharged rustang "to not see what it would run " .. OK I got it now .. LMAO
    I “built” a 95 Camaro to see what it would run at the strip. I “installed” a supercharger on my daily to drive back and forth to work. Much like personal finances, not sure why what I do with my vehicles is any of your business though. You said I hadn’t run under 10, well I did so now you’re off on yet another tangent trying to find new ways to berate me.

You just "woke" ? They been callin them Verado's "shrimpheads" since they came out.
    Oh I know....I just thought it was a tad hypocritical for someone to accuse someone else of being immature then in the very same post say their motor looks like a shrimp head. What’s next? You going to make fun of my momma?

I’ll give you this....you win the award for tenacity when it comes to insulting people. Even when proven wrong you just keep at it. Congrats on that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mikey , your as lost as last years Easter eggs. Sorry to break the bad news. It's never been about you .. So before you spaz out with another knee jerk reaction . In order for most guys to go out and buy a new truck, boat, repower the boat they have chances are pretty good they have to take out a loan. If you didn't have to, or put down a large downstroke so you had small payments and then made double hook shots every other month, then your more like me than maybe you care to admit. ( BTW , they call it credit, It's OK to have it , and even use it )
    On the other hand, you could live in a homeless shelter and have nothing. Honestly, I don't care one way or another.
    If I was not in the position to roll my own and I was making payments on two new motors, the last ******* thing I would do is have some yo-yo 3000 miles away B+E the box's to void the wty. Nothin like bein reminded every month of a bad decision. Again wasn't pointin a finger at you. ( explaining why so little info )
    However, I still stand on my original point. And yes this is directly at you > If you think the site is dying a slow death because no one will hand you a FREE "guide to Verado power secrets" ..
    Then either be the guy who fills that gap and educates us.
    Or ... well , ( Chaz = holding tounge ) have a nice weekend

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    .... In order for most guys to go out and buy a new truck, boat, repower the boat they have chances are pretty good they have to take out a loan. If you didn't have to, or put down a large downstroke so you had small payments and then made double hook shots every other month, then your more like me than maybe you care to admit....If I was not in the position to roll my own and I was making payments on two new motors, the last ******* thing I would do is have some yo-yo 3000 miles away B+E the box's to void the wty. Nothin like bein reminded every month of a bad decision
    If I follow the above, you’re basically saying that people shouldn’t modify stuff that’s under warranty if it’s financed? If that’s the case I actually can’t necessarily disagree with you.

( BTW , they call it credit, It's OK to have it , and even use it ) On the other hand, you could live in a homeless shelter and have nothing..
    Again wondering why you’re so obsessed with my personal finances.

If you think the site is dying a slow death because no one will hand you a FREE "guide to Verado power secrets" ..
    Nice straw man argument. I never said it so I won’t bother with a rebuttal. I’m pretty sure you’re smart enough to know that’s not what im suggesting.

.... It's never been about you ..
    That we can agree on as well. I originally posted on behalf of the future of the site and sport and prospective future members. You made it about me when you started with the personal attacks.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JPEROG, did this set up ever get dialed in and was there a previous power to compare with?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	42174193_2225731297659209_2622874933541208064_n.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	441838
    I CAN ALWAYS MAKE ANOTHER DOLLAR, BUT I CANNOT MAKE ANOTHER DAY

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Again wondering why you’re so obsessed with my personal finances.
    I'm not , I told two or three times already that it's not about you.

It has everything to do with the general public, credit, and warranty periods.

It's become obvious your too stupid to comprehend that.

Last thing I said to your ignorant ass was "Have a good weekend"

Perhaps your more accustom to hearing it like this "Phukk Off Loser"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This General Public is starting to become concerned...
    I CAN ALWAYS MAKE ANOTHER DOLLAR, BUT I CANNOT MAKE ANOTHER DAY

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast