Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    10 speed auto has won the drag race over any stick shift i hear...
    Time for the Deuce High lower to reappear on the 450DR model
    (DR = drag race)
    I’ve heard some people equate drag racing an auto to screwing a blow up doll, it’s easier on parts I’ll give you that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE-Z06 View Post
    From what I’ve seen posted on people who’ve actually hung them on meat hook, they’re not as light as claimed. Did marketing intentionally have them weighed without fluids and cowl to help ease those that going to a 4-stroke isn’t going to add weight?
    Most manufactures publish weight dry, that’s the default. With a 2 stroke about the only discrepancy will be the weight of the small oil tank, whatever fuel is in the injector system and the oil in the lower. On a 4 stroke you add 6 or 7 quarts of oil. No one takes the time to add the weight of the 3 gallon remote oil tank and there’s a significant weight penalty with the offshore mid and associated remote pump.

Pick whatever nits you want but weights are +- 50 lbs over the last 15 years and the latest generation are faster than their predecessor on the same boats regardless the weight and isn’t that the only thing that really matters?
    Last edited by mjw930; 06-23-2019 at 10:08 AM.
    Mark

3. Likes PRE-Z06, HydroSkreamin liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE-Z06 View Post
    I’ve heard some people equate drag racing an auto to screwing a blow up doll, it’s easier on parts I’ll give you that.
    so where is clutchless crash box shifting with ignition cutout fit these days, up and down??
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azpqTZ6WeJk

sounds like a 2s v 4s conversation lol
    Last edited by powerabout; 06-23-2019 at 09:54 AM.

5. Likes PRE-Z06 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I really can't speak to the Yamaha's . While there are a million of them down here , they are all on fishing boats from what I see. And yes reading on the Yamaha performance site, they are ex Yamaha employees.
    I think with any of them, if you were to put your motor on their dyno, you are more apt to get a more "personalized" flash .. but then , maybe not.
    I use a test wheel, egt, O2, Moroso Plug light, Camera to look at piston tops, adj fuel pressure reg, 4-5 different rate injectors, potentiometer on the IAT sensor, 10 box's of plugs if thats what it takes. And chances are it might wind up with both 8's and 9's in it before the red dot's happy .. Do I know exactly how much HP it's making .. No .. Can I tell a good one from one that struggles to RPM .. of course, anyone with a good ear can. Do i have a pretty good idea of what that particular motor want's for timing and fuel load on that day, probably just a little bit more than a guy that John Q Public would send a box to and say here dude, flash this for me to haul azz ..

It’s like our Monster triple disc clutch that reset the GM H-pattern stick shift record of 7.82@190 Friday night, not the clutch I’d necessarily recommend for your daily driver.

ZR-1 .. I always knew multi-disc clutch's to diminish in diameter and become more sophisticated in how they apply / release thru low pressure static (pedal) and then thru counter ( rpm - centrifugal) finger application. Perhaps yours if different ..

This record .. What association is this with .. ???
    Just think of the sub-records ..
    windows half down .
    radio on .
    windshild wipers .

I've built a bunch of 1.80 straight cut glides . A couple of 1.69 low gear box's for a guy who had a 5.00" bore space Sonney's motor that had so much torque that it would square up the tire at the hit.
    Now their building Turbo-glides. Which is a Turbo 400 without the first gear. They leave in second 1.45 off the brake and go sub 1.00 flat 60'
    Since that's what they "all" have now .. it's hard to claim a record . They'll have to wait till they're the only ones left with an obscure, outdated, combo to do that ..

We set the record for waiting the longest to stage while our kids hugged, fist bumped, high fived, etc ...

7. Likes PRE-Z06 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    I really can't speak to the Yamaha's . While there are a million of them down here , they are all on fishing boats from what I see. And yes reading on the Yamaha performance site, they are ex Yamaha employees.
    I think with any of them, if you were to put your motor on their dyno, you are more apt to get a more "personalized" flash .. but then , maybe not.
    I use a test wheel, egt, O2, Moroso Plug light, Camera to look at piston tops, adj fuel pressure reg, 4-5 different rate injectors, potentiometer on the IAT sensor, 10 box's of plugs if thats what it takes. And chances are it might wind up with both 8's and 9's in it before the red dot's happy .. Do I know exactly how much HP it's making .. No .. Can I tell a good one from one that struggles to RPM .. of course, anyone with a good ear can. Do i have a pretty good idea of what that particular motor want's for timing and fuel load on that day, probably just a little bit more than a guy that John Q Public would send a box to and say here dude, flash this for me to haul azz ..

ZR-1 .. I always knew multi-disc clutch's to diminish in diameter and become more sophisticated in how they apply / release thru low pressure static (pedal) and then thru counter ( rpm - centrifugal) finger application. Perhaps yours if different ..

This record .. What association is this with .. ???
    Just think of the sub-records ..
    windows half down .
    radio on .
    windshild wipers .

I've built a bunch of 1.80 straight cut glides . A couple of 1.69 low gear box's for a guy who had a 5.00" bore space Sonney's motor that had so much torque that it would square up the tire at the hit.
    Now their building Turbo-glides. Which is a Turbo 400 without the first gear. They leave in second 1.45 off the brake and go sub 1.00 flat 60'
    Since that's what they "all" have now .. it's hard to claim a record . They'll have to wait till they're the only ones left with an obscure, outdated, combo to do that ..

We set the record for waiting the longest to stage while our kids hugged, fist bumped, high fived, etc ...

I figured you’d appreciate cars with a man pedal being a Grump fan. Fastest stick shift record is 7.55@189 in a lighter car. The clutch is surprisingly simple with no centrifugal weights to increase the clamping force, this is the third GM in the 7s with it. Launch is controlled by your foot release and you bang the gears as it’s a traditional 6-speed with an IRS. 60’ was soft being a 1.3 as he’s been 1.2 before the turbos with Nitrous. Heck I went 1.4 on a 26” tall ET street on a 17x8.5” rim at 3100lbs and only 422 NA rwhp with a single Kevlar disc clutch.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shout out to Tom Foley from Jon Baugh 3:00 minutes deep into this video ... along with one of the pioneers of the 1, 2, 3, auto motorcycle no-kill box ..

Yes I am a fan Bill Jenkins . As a kid I saw Ronnie Sox row a 4 speed at Miami Hollywood Speedway Park . And I remember when they all went to the me. gasket verticle gate shifters. And yes i had to have one for my 69 Chevelle. A PIA on the street, but when your young ...

I respect what it takes to make a single stage clutch not bog or knock the tires off ... and to finesse the 2-3 shift on a H pattern shifter.
    And you guys have a good runnin car ..
    But on the same token ,, you have to understand .. what it sounds like when you throw yourselves in with this elite group ...

I got the fastest stock bottom end 5.0 Mustang in the world !
    " " " " completely stock 5.0 Mustang " " " !
    " " " " single single e-bay turbo stock except for cam and rod bolts 5.0 Mustang !

Is there some kind of idiot brigade record book .. somewhere .. ???

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Shout out to Tom Foley from Jon Baugh 3:00 minutes deep into this video ... along with one of the pioneers of the 1, 2, 3, auto motorcycle no-kill box ..

Yes I am a fan Bill Jenkins . As a kid I saw Ronnie Sox row a 4 speed at Miami Hollywood Speedway Park . And I remember when they all went to the me. gasket verticle gate shifters. And yes i had to have one for my 69 Chevelle. A PIA on the street, but when your young ...

I respect what it takes to make a single stage clutch not bog or knock the tires off ... and to finesse the 2-3 shift on a H pattern shifter.
    And you guys have a good runnin car ..
    But on the same token ,, you have to understand .. what it sounds like when you throw yourselves in with this elite group ...

I got the fastest stock bottom end 5.0 Mustang in the world !
    " " " " completely stock 5.0 Mustang " " " !
    " " " " single single e-bay turbo stock except for cam and rod bolts 5.0 Mustang !

Is there some kind of idiot brigade record book .. somewhere .. ???

I hear ya, just feel it’s more of an accomplishment/challenge when you’re having do more work and not just along for the ride i.e. actually rowing the gears and using your feet to launch and shift, not pulling some lever in a sequential with planetaries or adjusting a pressure plate to get the optimum engagement. Here’s the car for whatever it’s worth...
    https://www.lsxmag.com/news/jared-co...-shift-record/
    Last edited by PRE-Z06; 06-27-2019 at 06:14 AM.

11. Likes AZMIDLYF liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Guys, healthy debates are a good thing but let's not make them personal, alright? That's all I ask.

Facebook | YouTube | Vintage Outboard Catalogs
    Photo prints available of your boat - click here

13. Thanks engineermike, Z-VELOCITY thanked for this post
    Likes stoker2001 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPEROG View Post
    I guess my last sentence didn't work lol...

I consider under 20 feet a small hull. As I stated above, I have never seen a "400R" on a small hull outrun a 300X or not have it disturb the balance to where is was a justifiable option.

A big hull is something that can handle 3 or more of the 400R motors "center consoles" which they have proven to work well when rigged in multiples.

For the midsize cats "the stuff that I love" the 400R never impressed me for the weight and cost.

Joe
    Joe with all due respect,Mr Corson just posted cost of upgrading his 22' to the 450 was $105K verses $75 K for 300r (boats ready to go)..and you thought the 400 was costly..LOL
    "Whacker Smacker" #561 IHBA M/E div1 2007& 2006 first looser champion
    2007 Sportsmen Driver of the Year

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13