Wow
    We have invented the world; WE see

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I can do that.
    Then I wake up 😉

When I bought the 1000 Hurricane while in Fla, I bought a video on riding to help me come to terms w/it’s it weight and all the U turns we do down in Fla.
    It helped a lot but still don’t like heavy bikes.

The newer Fj’s and Concours are killer though.

Quote Originally Posted by JPEROG View Post
    Here is a land yacht rider-I have one of these and its a heavy bike.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsLO05UZyi8

Joe
    I'd rather be competitive w/junk I built in my garage than win w/stuff I bought.

I refuse to allow common sense to interfere w/my boat buying decisions.

Checkmate 16' 140 Johnson
    Hydrostream 17' Vector FrankenRude I
    Laser 480 (?) 21' w/GT 200
    Glastron Carlson Conquest w/XP 2.6
    Glastron Carlson CVX 20 w/XP 2.6
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 Johnsons
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 HO Johnsons
    19' STV River Rocket w/FrankenRude II
    Allison XR 2002 w/Frankenrude II
    Hydrostream 18' V-King w/Frankenrude II

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I was 17 I bought a Kawasaki H1 500cc triple [2 stroke]. In 1971, It was the fastest Production bike ever built [112 MPH stock in the 1/4 mile]. It only weighed about 320# and was all horsepower with no brakes [Drum front and rear]. The spoked wheels lost 2 or three rear spokes with each burnout. They came out with the H3 750cc the next year which had unlimited torque.

"Confidence" is that wonderful feeling you had right before you fully understood your true situation.- Unknown
    I don’t know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they terrify me.- Duke of Wellington
    “I am not afraid of an Army of lions lead by a sheep; I am afraid of sheep lead by a lion.” – Alexander the Great
    Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.-Douglas MacArthur

Allison GSE 300XS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JR IN JAX View Post
    When I was 17 I bought a Kawasaki H1 500cc triple [2 stroke]. In 1971, It was the fastest Production bike ever built [112 MPH stock in the 1/4 mile]. It only weighed about 320# and was all horsepower with no brakes [Drum front and rear]. The spoked wheels lost 2 or three rear spokes with each burnout. They came out with the H3 750cc the next year which had unlimited torque.
    Had two friends that had the H3, beast wheelie king! Both killed left turn cage as had the thing pointed at the sky.........but they were something else, flexi frame, brake less FAST SOB!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same here about same time frame, showing off after High school doing wheelies spinning around like in the BMW video DOA, awesome power to weight ratio.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CUDA View Post
    Same here about same time frame, showing off after High school doing wheelies spinning around like in the BMW video DOA, awesome power to weight ratio.
    Ha, got a Mach 3 in 71 also, pretty blue flexi flyer ,go like stink in a straight line with blue smoke that would spatter my girlfriends shirt , NO brakes ! the 750 showed up at the dealer about a month later ,traded the 500 in .my dad was friends with the owners so we got ahold of a 250 tripple & a highly modified 350 tripple that would out run the 500 & most 750 fours.we had loads of fun for cheep.good memories .thanks Kawasaki !
    Last edited by gary slagle; 04-05-2019 at 05:41 PM.
    LTB OLDGUY

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think those had a red line of 14000 r's. The powerband was brutal. Hit 6 k and it really came alive. You had to really hold on to the bars. Buddy had one and I rode it often. I had a RD-350 at the time and it was fast (I thought) till I rode the kawi 750 . Wasn't long after that I got a Kawi LTD 1000. That was a nice bike with real good performance.

83 V-King, 96 Mariner, 200 hp ff block 2.5 w/a 28p choppa
    We gotta clean this liberal mess up, VOTE TRUMP TO MAGA!
    Rebuild thread:
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-it&highlight=
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...cs.&highlight=
    Videos

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No not me but a friend with the 500, lost control and he slid it under a school bus, dead. I had a slow 550 Honda

My Mother did not mine me dirt bike riding but after my Buds death She said she would kick me out of the house If I bought a road bike, That was the only time She ever said

anything like that and I knew She was just afraid, started with a 500 Honda then a new 550, back then CB750 was the big bike, I quit riding for 30 years always looking and

still wanting, but my Mothers fear was ingrained the back of my mind, My wife who is a RN said don't buy it, why do you want to be a organ donor, So I bought the ZG1400 in

2011 went on the interstate and was scared for my safety, soon hanging out with my employees sport bike group, doing stupid things, since he moved away I tell myself to act

my age??? still having a problem with that... cheap thrills.
    Last edited by CUDA; 04-05-2019 at 08:06 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XstreamVking View Post
    I think those had a red line of 14000 r's. The powerband was brutal. Hit 6 k and it really came alive. You had to really hold on to the bars. Buddy had one and I rode it often. I had a RD-350 at the time and it was fast (I thought) till I rode the kawi 750 . Wasn't long after that I got a Kawi LTD 1000. That was a nice bike with real good performance.
    Them 750's at idle sounded like a garbage can of rocks all shook up. And when nailed, and (fast) "on the pipe hit"..too the moon Alice!

And RD 350's were no slug either! DAMN! Story. Friend had a W/E party house Fox lake. Pistakee. Next to us was great guy. Also worked Chi suburbs, but lived lake during week, unlike us that only did W/Es lake. He took a liking to us wackos. Got him to get out that 50 Merc trihull family boat (wife and 2 kids), and got a 460 Jet Boat! AND got him into snowmobiling too! THEN M/C's. So one weekend he shows up a RD 400, used. He had drove the bike 40 miles from Chi. Later told me to take it for a ride as something seems not right? HOLY MAMA! I went 10 feet and parked it, on the center stand, and wiggled the rear wheel and ZERO BEARINGS LEFT. Guess when ya dunno, ya truck on! And his oldest was killed on a MC hit and run, asshole never found, and Gary passed few years back,. cancer got him...some pix... RIP Gary, and Micheal (last wish was a trip to the "Islands"). Last pic surviving son

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a3.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	435541

Name:	a2.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	435542

Name:	a1.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	435543

10. Likes CDave liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was working for my Dad's company and one day I left the jobsite to get some lunch on the 500. The thing was soooo unpredictable since it always ran great but sometimes it would hit Warp speed 7 almost instantly. The road was slightly wet and when I took off it went to warp 7 instantly. The resulting wheelie combined with the impossible G force slid me to the rear end of the seat and my death-grip pinned the throttle wide open. The only thing that saved my life was it ran out RPM in first gear and I was able to slide back forward on the seat.
    The worst that happened was that the RPM increase was more inertia than the flywheel could take and it snapped the center bore leaving my Girlfriend and I stranded [Kawi knew this was a problem but would not fix them until they broke]. The Dealer replaced it with the upgrade flywheel and charged the dead battery. The dealer's "Canabis Monkey" then shoved the battery back in, pinching off the Vent tube. That night the battery exploded going over the 295 Buckman bridge at 130 MPH and covered the exhausts/wiring with hot sulfuric acid. The dealer refused to cover the damage.
    BTW no one has mentioned the deadly front end wobble that would unexpectedly happen at 110 MPH.....

"Confidence" is that wonderful feeling you had right before you fully understood your true situation.- Unknown
    I don’t know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they terrify me.- Duke of Wellington
    “I am not afraid of an Army of lions lead by a sheep; I am afraid of sheep lead by a lion.” – Alexander the Great
    Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.-Douglas MacArthur

Allison GSE 300XS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OMG Glad your still alive to tells us, I believe Speed wobble was a big problem with most of the old bikes in general, brakes and suspension were way behind the power they were making and speeds being achieved, drum brakes and spokes, that's funny on a Hot Rod bike like that,

At our clubs track day the Guy next over brought his brand new Kaw H2 supercharged bike they weigh 475-500 and rip.
    Last edited by CUDA; 04-06-2019 at 08:53 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I was working for my Dad's company and one day I left the jobsite to get some lunch on the 500. The thing was soooo unpredictable since it always ran great but sometimes it would hit Warp speed 7 almost instantly. The road was slightly wet and when I took off it went to warp 7 instantly. The resulting wheelie combined with the impossible G force slid me to the rear end of the seat and my death-grip pinned the throttle wide open. The only thing that saved my life was it ran out RPM in first gear and I was able to slide back forward on the seat.
    The worst that happened was that the RPM increase was more inertia than the flywheel could take and it snapped the center bore leaving my Girlfriend and I stranded [Kawi knew this was a problem but would not fix them until they broke]. The Dealer replaced it with the upgrade flywheel and charged the dead battery. The dealer's "Canabis Monkey" then shoved the battery back in, pinching off the Vent tube. That night the battery exploded going over the 295 Buckman bridge at 130 MPH and covered the exhausts/wiring with hot sulfuric acid. The dealer refused to cover the damage.
    BTW no one has mentioned the deadly front end wobble that would unexpectedly happen at 110 MPH.....
    Kinda reminds me of kids thinking old farts dunno ****. Yep, your right .. THEN!..BUT we LEARNED FAST and fixed it for you idiots that have trouble turning on a light that works with a switch, not a phone.

Attachment 435620

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it doesn't surprise me that you guys have Scoots, Its nice to have something to thrash about on other than the boats... Some harrowing stories too. I got this animal sideways at about 80mph once because some termite pulled out in front me on a highway, and never bothered to look, braking hard, I managed to lock the back wheel up, but rather than panic, I counter-steered and took my foot off the rear brake. After pulling over, and checking my shorts for giblet gravy, I resumed my ride with no issue. Its been a trouble free 42K miles ever since....(knock on wood)

Name:	Cyclone.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	470.2 KB 
ID:	435883
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails m2.jpg  
    Last edited by C.C.Hiliner; 04-10-2019 at 12:23 PM.

Boats are like Potato Chips..You can't have Just One1
    1974 Hiliner Gypsy 260 Volvo SX
    1972 Hiliner Adventurer CC 200 Evinrude OceanPro
    1994 Sea Nymph 1462 25 Evinrude
    1989 Boston Whaler 13 w/40, then 50 Johnson (sold)
    1970 Wellcraft V-20 Steplift, Evinrude 155 Commercial (sold)

15. Likes Instigator, CDave liked this post
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My son-in-law just bought this and I love it!

Honda hit it out of the park for a retro bike.

CB 1100
    EFI
    anti locks
    anti dive
    6 speed
    spoked wheels

It is gorgeous in person.
    Way better than the pixs of it I’ve seen.

A new in the crate ‘17.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12C5CB5D-FE19-48D7-AC02-C8FBBFCA9283.jpg  
    I'd rather be competitive w/junk I built in my garage than win w/stuff I bought.

I refuse to allow common sense to interfere w/my boat buying decisions.

Checkmate 16' 140 Johnson
    Hydrostream 17' Vector FrankenRude I
    Laser 480 (?) 21' w/GT 200
    Glastron Carlson Conquest w/XP 2.6
    Glastron Carlson CVX 20 w/XP 2.6
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 Johnsons
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 HO Johnsons
    19' STV River Rocket w/FrankenRude II
    Allison XR 2002 w/Frankenrude II
    Hydrostream 18' V-King w/Frankenrude II

17. Likes C.C.Hiliner liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by C.C.Hiliner View Post
    Yeah, it doesn't surprise me that you guys have Scoots, Its nice to have something to thrash about on other than the boats... Some harrowing stories too. I got this animal sideways at about 80mph once because some termite pulled out in front me on a highway, and never bothered to look, braking hard, I managed to lock the back wheel up, but rather than panic, I counter-steered and took my foot off the rear brake. After pulling over, and checking my shorts for giblet gravy, I resumed my ride with no issue. Its been a trouble free 42K miles ever since....(knock on wood)

Name:	Cyclone.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	470.2 KB 
ID:	435883
    Damn, I tried to find Erics first build. Can't find one. It was sitting my friends (Bob Maxant) HD shop, "Illinois Harley Davidson" Never met Eric, but we would snowmobile from Fox Lake to East Troy a ride, where his shop was. Anyway, buddy mine has similar Buell as pictured. Rode it ONCE, but that seat/tank? REAL BUST MY BALLS!

19. Likes C.C.Hiliner liked this post
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast