1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have slugs for it also

Quote Originally Posted by vnemous View Post
    Slugs in that would be awesome
    Bud Conner "Heathen" "Defending Our Constitution"

FOR ALL ENGINE APPLICATIONS
    DRY Film Lubricant for Piston Skirts & Cranks + Thermal Barrier Ceramic Coatings for Piston Tops, Combustion Chambers, Valves etc !!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well report on the Caldwell AR 15 barrel cooler . First yesterday AM at the range was a bit cool (74*) I brought temp gun and shot pre shot barrel at 74* this was an AR 10 in 6.5 Creedmoor caliber after 3 rounds temp had elevated to 81* I tried installing the cooler in mag well and the AR 10 mag well was much larger than the AR 15 so didn’t work , I next shot an AR-15 in 6.5 Grendel 3 rounds elevated its barrel to 80* Caldwell cooler was installed and fit perfect nice breeze coming thru the end of the barrel I had high hopes for it to work as advertised and prove its 5 star ratings was right on , after 10 minutes of “cooling” the temp only decreased to 77* BUT if you live in Texas you understand that the beginning 74* at start of the test didn’t last long and the fan that’s pushing ambient temps down the barrel to cool was now getting hotter SO the air supposed to cool was the same temp as the now hotter barrel , got the same results shooting my third AR platform in the new 224 Valkyrie round , conclusion :
    If your plunking with an AR 15 in ambient temps that are a consistent say 75* and your barrel temp is day 100* IMO the Caldwell barrel temp fan should work great ...
    Jay

Jay @ JSRE

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HStream1 View Post
    What do you mean by machine my own lowers, do you buy the 80% lowers and finish them, if so, what do you do for serial numbers????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you mean I machine my own lowers? Its perfectly legal. I can buy the Billet material or a Drop forged un machined lower. it doesnt matter. I have the machines. I dont do it to sell or give away. They are for my own use. Therefore i dont have to worry about serial numbers or registering. I can do the same with Just about any weapon thats legal to own.

Quote Originally Posted by 1954bmw View Post
    What do you mean by machine my own lowers, do you buy the 80% lowers and finish them, if so, what do you do for serial numbers????

DRY Film Lubricant for Piston Skirts & Cranks + Thermal Barrier Ceramic Coatings for Piston Tops, Combustion Chambers, Valves etc !!

7. Likes nitro_rat, CDave liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kewl, good luck to you

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kewl, good luck to you
    Ain't nothing about luck. While the law is that they cannot be transferred, sold, etc. How does one know who originally owned, or made it? Shall not be infringed, at it's finest. Just wish I had the skills.

10. Thanks HStream1 thanked for this post
    Likes HStream1 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Theres several on here that buys a blank and finishes them , dunno what it tales bet Bud will explains , lowers although if bought in its completed state has to go through FFL but they can be bought for $119.00 and up ...

Jay
    Jay @ JSRE

12. Likes HStream1, AZMIDLYF liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really??? Please tell me exactly what "Kewl, good luck to you" Means? Do you have some sort of ATF Laws knowledge that none of us are aware of? And exactly what have you contributed to this thread pertaining to the subject of the Thread?? Just curious and asking.

Kewl, good luck to you

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HStream1 View Post
    Really??? Please tell me exactly what "Kewl, good luck to you" Means? Do you have some sort of ATF Laws knowledge that none of us are aware of? And exactly what have you contributed to this thread pertaining to the subject of the Thread?? Just curious and asking.
    WTF, just said it was cool that you can machine your own, do not have access to machine tools since I retired, just asked a question.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jay most people buy the 80% lowers and purchase a Jig to finish the Firing group pocket. Right after Sandy Hook me and a Seal Buddy of mine stumbled across 20 Billet Lowers and 20 Forged lowers at a Steal of a price of $20.00 each for the Billet blanks and we ended up getting the Forged ones free. While I have the jigs to do the 80% lowers. I also have the Capability because of the machining center I have to do one from start to finish as I have the blueprints on both the AR and M16 lower. Its not illegal to Own or machine a M16 lower providing you dont install the Auto seer in the Lower. BTW which takes a additional machining step that the jigs dont offer. Unless you hold a Class 111 FFL of course. In reality the cost of a finished over the counter Lower that requires going through a FFL dealer is in the Low to High $100.00 range. To machine even a 80% lower time wise costs more as does a Blank. But the trade off is No one knows about it. The down side is you cant sell it , Will it or even give it away (even to a Family member i.e. Son, Daughter, Wife, Mother, father, Cousin etc) as long as the Un serialized lower is attached. Or pay the $200.00 tax stamp fee and get a serial number for it. Ive had people ask me can you help me machine a Lower? My answer is NOT NO BUT HELL NO!!! Thats because one cant purchase a 80% lower take it to a machine shop and have it completed. The person must doo all the machining them self the ATF has made that extremely clear!!! NOW if the person has the Machinist skills and wants to use my machines without my assistance (providing I trust them) thats perfectly legal. And I might mention that if one has ever been convicted of a felony its illegal for Him/Her to possess any fire arm even one they Made themselves. There was a Company a few years back out in California (Ares Armory & EP Armory) that was selling what they called 80% lowers. (Basically the Firing Group Pocket was done and then filled with a different color filler (I.E Biscuit). All one had to do is whittle it out with a dremel tool and it was ready for assembly. Well the ATF frowned on that Busted in Weapons Drawn and confiscated everything. Even customer records. And while the owner didnt serve 20 years in Leavenworth his business and inventory was tanked over night. It was a Brilliant Idea that backfired. But it was later determined that some illegals were buying them and building fully functional firearms and selling them off in mexico.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Illegal Lower.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	448578

Thats about it in a Nut Shell

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Smith View Post
    Theres several on here that buys a blank and finishes them , dunno what it tales bet Bud will explains , lowers although if bought in its completed state has to go through FFL but they can be bought for $119.00 and up ...

Jay
    Last edited by HStream1; 09-11-2019 at 06:14 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    For those that don't know about the 80% lowers. This is just one of the many video's on UTube.
    FYI, there are also companies that sell 80% Glock and 1911 pistol frames.

Here is a bunch of 80% lower vids on da Tube.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ry=80%25+lower
    Last edited by CDave; 09-11-2019 at 07:41 PM.
    -----------------------
    93 STV Mod VP/MERC 2.5 200
    -----
    The Bible is life's instruction manual.

Proverbs 4:18-20

" For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
    -- John F. Kennedy 1962

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well there ya go all info needed , S&F is a great source of gobs of good info from talented folks

Jay
    Jay @ JSRE

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I own all 80% AR15, AR10, never purchased a serialized lower. I only have a Jig and a small router. It doesn't take much to do, but don't think it isn't without its learning curve. Ive lent out my jig, only to have someone mess up there lower or damage my jig. I have helped plenty of people finish a lower. I just direct them and help when needed. I do believe you can sell them, its a grey area. But you cant build it with the intent of selling for profit, I believe if you sell it, it needs to have a serial number engraved on it, then proper paperwork should be done. Same as trying to get a SBR or Silencer stamp, for a 80%. There was a machinist in California who got busted letting people push (start) on his machines, he thought that counted as them doing it, he was advertising it though and got busted. Its a great way to get your hands into gun building.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast