User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 26 of 26
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    17
    Thanks (Given)
    13
    Thanks (Received)
    1
    Likes (Given)
    8
    Likes (Received)
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Props are ready. Question for you guys, what would the possible downside be to cutting off even more of the tube. My boat hates stern lift. Is there a point where you can take off too Mitch tube?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9493FDE5-E21B-4C25-9534-3009D1114DA1.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	403.5 KB 
ID:	433527Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBFD1B85-A779-4510-BB72-373C6D110EF1.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	385.6 KB 
ID:	433528

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    OSYKA, MS
    Posts
    22
    Thanks (Given)
    2
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    6
    Likes (Received)
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go look on Mercury website at the BRAVO OC.
    The prop tube is cut off at the base of the blades.
    I don’t think you could go any shorter than that.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    17
    Thanks (Given)
    13
    Thanks (Received)
    1
    Likes (Given)
    8
    Likes (Received)
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MDRURY View Post
    Go look on Mercury website at the BRAVO OC.
    The prop tube is cut off at the base of the blades.
    I donít think you could go any shorter than that.

    But it is there any downside?

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Gonzales, La
    Posts
    763
    Thanks (Given)
    58
    Thanks (Received)
    23
    Likes (Given)
    48
    Likes (Received)
    130
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a bad experience with a 29" Tempest+ one time. It had terrible blow-out and I always attributed it to the short diffuser. Maybe it was the blade shape, I don't know for sure.

  5. Thanks bmedfo1 thanked for this post
  6. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,766
    Thanks (Given)
    24
    Thanks (Received)
    32
    Likes (Given)
    146
    Likes (Received)
    192
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bmedfo1 View Post
    But it is there any downside?
    Call Mercury Racing and ask. Let them know your setup. I would definitely do some homework before cutting the beautiful props

  7. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,766
    Thanks (Given)
    24
    Thanks (Received)
    32
    Likes (Given)
    146
    Likes (Received)
    192
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bmedfo1 View Post
    Props are ready. Question for you guys, what would the possible downside be to cutting off even more of the tube. My boat hates stern lift. Is there a point where you can take off too Mitch tube?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9493FDE5-E21B-4C25-9534-3009D1114DA1.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	403.5 KB 
ID:	433527Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBFD1B85-A779-4510-BB72-373C6D110EF1.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	385.6 KB 
ID:	433528
    Since you are running twins and it hates bow lift have you tried spinning the props in vs out assuming your turning out?

  8. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    607
    Thanks (Given)
    2
    Thanks (Received)
    26
    Likes (Given)
    7
    Likes (Received)
    32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last I heard the tube didn’t do much to lift stern or bow.

    Rake of the blade does that.

    Have seen it affect slip.

  9. Thanks bmedfo1 thanked for this post
  10. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    17
    Thanks (Given)
    13
    Thanks (Received)
    1
    Likes (Given)
    8
    Likes (Received)
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trimmed Out15 View Post
    Since you are running twins and it hates bow lift have you tried spinning the props in vs out assuming your turning out?
    You are correct, I am spinning them out, that is how concept sets them up. turning in should pull the stern down on a v hull so I have been thinking of giving it a try. I asked the manufacturer and asked on a specific Concept page and got lots of feedback from those that have tried saying either no difference or that it made the handling bad at speed and docking. knowing that every set up is different i am still entertaining the idea and appreciate the suggestion. I made the mistake of making more than one change at a time already on this boat so my plan is to run these props and start my own thread with the results.

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,766
    Thanks (Given)
    24
    Thanks (Received)
    32
    Likes (Given)
    146
    Likes (Received)
    192
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bmedfo1 View Post
    You are correct, I am spinning them out, that is how concept sets them up. turning in should pull the stern down on a v hull so I have been thinking of giving it a try. I asked the manufacturer and asked on a specific Concept page and got lots of feedback from those that have tried saying either no difference or that it made the handling bad at speed and docking. knowing that every set up is different i am still entertaining the idea and appreciate the suggestion. I made the mistake of making more than one change at a time already on this boat so my plan is to run these props and start my own thread with the results.
    Cant wait to see how it works out. Turning it def makes docking harder especially with a stepped bottom. When will you be testing the new props? Did you go down and inch or 2 in pitch going from a 4 blade to a 5?

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tenkiller Lake, OK
    Posts
    372
    Thanks (Given)
    3
    Thanks (Received)
    17
    Likes (Given)
    86
    Likes (Received)
    101
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spinning in pulls the stern down. Spinning out lifts the stern.

    http://www.mercuryracing.com/prop-sc...de-efficiency/

  13. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,766
    Thanks (Given)
    24
    Thanks (Received)
    32
    Likes (Given)
    146
    Likes (Received)
    192
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. 3 Prop comparison with data
    By fishfearme in forum Props, Setup, and Rigging
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-01-2016, 09:40 PM
  2. Prop comparison
    By tony brimeyer in forum Props, Setup, and Rigging
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-10-2014, 04:50 PM
  3. ET vs. Drag prop comparison
    By Mr. Demeanor in forum Props, Setup, and Rigging
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-10-2011, 10:03 PM
  4. prop comparison
    By lild in forum Technical Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-18-2009, 07:19 PM
  5. prop comparison?
    By mercrazy in forum Technical Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-26-2001, 09:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Spinelli Props