Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's fine, so long as the Dems pass their green deal and give me a paycheck because I refuse to work..................
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors". Plato .

3. Likes NICE PAIR liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flabum1017 View Post
    That's fine, so long as the Dems pass their green deal and give me a paycheck because I refuse to work..................
    It all kind of works out in the end don't it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pull my hoof.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	431159
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ocas.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think of where it will be in 50 years time? We need some laws STAT on privacy rights and AI protections. We need to know if we talking to machines or peoples at least
    Hydrostream dreamin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If AI tried to replace me it would self destruct from trying to be me.

I do like Musk line of thinking in realizing what a danger AI can be if proper precautions aren't taken.
    In all seriousness AI is only as sophisticated/smart as it is designed to be. Also AI can always have an off switch installed if it gets too big for it's britches.
    -----------------------
    93 STV Mod VP/MERC 2.5 200
    -----
    The Bible is life's instruction manual.

Proverbs 4:18-20

" For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
    -- John F. Kennedy 1962

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CDave View Post
    If AI tried to replace me it would self destruct from trying to be me.

I do like Musk line of thinking in realizing what a danger AI can be if proper precautions aren't taken.
    In all seriousness AI is only as sophisticated/smart as it is designed to be. Also AI can always have an off switch installed if it gets too big for it's britches.
    Absolutely INCORRECT and thats the whole problem. If intelligence wants to survive what does it do? Whatever it has to. So now your talking a bunch of lines of code that doesn't want to be switched off thats INTELLIGENT? Simply going to jump to another drive/server or worse; spread bit by bit throughout the entire web using a self alocated alg. How would we even know where it is? Rendering the entire network garbage ceasing the internet as we know it.

More importantly, why bother? To what purpose does creating such a thing serve humanity? Nothing, zero, nada. Its a pipe dream fantasy for fools thinking they can start a fire and jump on it once it learns to fuel itself. Only someone raised under mega state powers like Putin would suggest something as dumb as this;

Hydrostream dreamin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LakeFever View Post
    Absolutely INCORRECT and thats the whole problem. If intelligence wants to survive what does it do? Whatever it has to. So now your talking a bunch of lines of code that doesn't want to be switched off thats INTELLIGENT? Simply going to jump to another drive/server or worse; spread bit by bit throughout the entire web using a self alocated alg. How would we even know where it is? Rendering the entire network garbage ceasing the internet as we know it.

More importantly, why bother? To what purpose does creating such a thing serve humanity? Nothing, zero, nada. Its a pipe dream fantasy for fools thinking they can start a fire and jump on it once it learns to fuel itself. Only someone raised under mega state powers like Putin would suggest something as dumb as this;
    I know nothing about coding. My thinking was you wouldn't build an AI with abilities beyond what humans could control. So my thinking was an AI like that could be programmed with an "off switch".

I agree it would be pointless and stupid to try and create an AI that was completely self learning and self reliant. It would be like creating a virus or bacteria that had no vaccine or antibiotic to stop it.
    -----------------------
    93 STV Mod VP/MERC 2.5 200
    -----
    The Bible is life's instruction manual.

Proverbs 4:18-20

" For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
    -- John F. Kennedy 1962

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Code runs, or it doesnt. If it runs it doesnt have an off switch and only does what its commanded too. If you want to create an intelligent code it will need to run on its own set of motivations or its not intelligent, its just another button that needs to be pushed. Once its running on its own motives thats where things get sketchy and really it makes ZERO sense in my opinion to even pursue it. I'd go as far as to suggest it should be entirely illegal for anyone to bother because the disruption could be very bad for us all now that the internet is so integrated into day to day operations. I see it like creating AIDS intentionally for the internet and all computerized devices.

If you dont carefully contemplate all the worst possible outcomes ( there are FAR too many to bother with AI ) then your sure to make mistakes and things will get ugly quick. Humans make errors, so its a guarantee mistakes will be made therefore we shouldn't bother with something so pointless anyways. There are much better things to focus on
    Hydrostream dreamin

11. Likes CDave liked this post