Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Damn!!!

This guy is a survivor. I like his way of thinking in a jam.

https://www.alloutdoor.com/2019/02/0...lion-attacked/

The animal bit his face and then his wrist and wouldn’t let go… So he picked up a rock with his free hand and pounded its head. Still the cat persisted. Then he put it in a headlock and wrestled it, finally jumping on its back and — using his hands, arms and feet — choked the beast to death, [CPW spokeswoman Rebecca] Ferrell said.
    -----------------------
    93 STV Mod VP/MERC 2.5 200
    -----
    The Bible is life's instruction manual.

Proverbs 4:18-20

" For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
    -- John F. Kennedy 1962

2. Likes Frank Molé, Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Against the law, if I ever see one and have a gun... Dead kitty!!! He is lucky!!! Most of the time they jump you from behind and grab the back of the neck with their mouth.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always laugh when I read stuff like this:
    "Over the past 100 years, only 20 people in North America have died from a cougar attack, the CPW said. But in Colorado, the cats have killed three people and injured 16 since 1990."

I disagree that attacks are on the rise - I believe we just record it more these-days. I'm sure back in 1918 if you died from a cougar attack in the woods, the village folk would just call the victim an idiot. But today, it's a tragedy? Kudos to the jogging strangler!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More people living in and using rural areas, or it's Colorado and they're just stoned walking in the woods eating a sandwich. Good he fought the cat.
    Did you see the recent video of the cougar chasing a deer into a backyard pool. The cat gave up after they both jumped in.
    In the Hollywood hills they live among the people, see them at night on security cameras. They dart off when a person is near.
    Last edited by FMP; 02-11-2019 at 07:36 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dart off when a person is near? LOL!!! I guess that is what the puma was doing when he was flanking a hunter as he walked to his deer stand. The hunter realized something wasn't right. So he set up and killed the cat before it attacked. That happened about 100 miles from here. These are top of the food chain predators. If you see one, you can bet there are 10 more.

And people have always lived in rural areas. Just now with hunting restrictions they are making a come back. Just like the black bear here, just a matter of time before they become a problem.

7. Likes CDave liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forkin' Crazy View Post
    Dart off when a person is near? LOL!!! I guess that is what the puma was doing when he was flanking a hunter as he walked to his deer stand. The hunter realized something wasn't right. So he set up and killed the cat before it attacked. That happened about 100 miles from here. These are top of the food chain predators. If you see one, you can bet there are 10 more.

And people have always lived in rural areas. Just now with hunting restrictions they are making a come back. Just like the black bear here, just a matter of time before they become a problem.

Then they want to go jogging and say WTF when they get pounced upon
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors". Plato .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forkin' Crazy View Post

Just saying those in there are skittish, been living in the town for years.
    https://heydaybooks.com/book/when-mo...are-neighbors/

We have black bears everywhere here, come across often. Just don't between mom and cub. Most will run up a tree or turn tail full blast

Yes cougars are top, always have been here. They're range is nothing to what it once was. We still have a few but they just don't want anything to do with man around here. If natural prey is scarce and they're getting too familiar with people then that increases the chance of a problem cat. Human population and spread is constantly encroaching on habitat.
    Last edited by FMP; 02-12-2019 at 07:49 PM.