Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    To be totally fair "Nicky Two Crowns" is pretty fearless behind the wheel. The outcome of that is he's also (*&*&^&^**(&*)&^ hard on equipment ...
    That's what it seems to take to stay out front. Without getting into the politic's and personalities of that class, I don't think anyone can argue against the fact that the Shadow Pirate was the dominate boat for the last two seasons.
    Along with the checkered flags it's been around twice. Once with each set-up. Broken studs, elongated dowel holes, cracked swivel casting, etc. Everything you would expect to happen to the outside engine sailing thru the air sideways at 60+ MPH and then plunging into the surf and coming to an abrupt halt. ( what's that about an object in motion ... )

Over backwards once ...

It might not look like it, but there is a ton of work that goes in the swivel and tilt pin area's to make them ridged and reliable so they don't flex and break.

As far as cans ..
    Since Todd D and Johhny Miles have taken over Mad/Efi they have become the standard of the class. The castings are a thing of beauty. Meaty where it is needed. Blind wing plate bolt holes and upgraded lower mount studs. I'm sure there are a million other little things ..

Where the Mad/EFI kit uses a stock adapter, Scott Porta uses a billet adapter plate that took a great deal of thought to locate that big azz block over that slim / stocky bulldog 2.5 offshore can . Which with a bit of welding and machine work will accept a 3.0-3.2L lower unit.

Both are really neat units. I feel fortunate that I have seen them both
    ( my work too ) ( Ohh a torn off sponson tip ) ( some rubbin is racin gouges )put thru the worst of conditions and come out only needing short visits to the different doctors between races ...

Yea, Me .. I ain't $%^&^&* rich like Davie, I gotta cut and paste my own ...

4. Likes noli, RADER, davidmercury liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    To be totally fair "Nicky Two Crowns" is pretty fearless behind the wheel. The outcome of that is he's also (*&*&^&^**(&*)&^ hard on equipment ...
    That's what it seems to take to stay out front. Without getting into the politic's and personalities of that class, I don't think anyone can argue against the fact that the Shadow Pirate was the dominate boat for the last two seasons.
    Along with the checkered flags it's been around twice. Once with each set-up. Broken studs, elongated dowel holes, cracked swivel casting, etc. Everything you would expect to happen to the outside engine sailing thru the air sideways at 60+ MPH and then plunging into the surf and coming to an abrupt halt. ( what's that about an object in motion ... )

Over backwards once ...

It might not look like it, but there is a ton of work that goes in the swivel and tilt pin area's to make them ridged and reliable so they don't flex and break.

As far as cans ..
    Since Todd D and Johhny Miles have taken over Mad/Efi they have become the standard of the class. The castings are a thing of beauty. Meaty where it is needed. Blind wing plate bolt holes and upgraded lower mount studs. I'm sure there are a million other little things ..

Where the Mad/EFI kit uses a stock adapter, Scott Porta uses a billet adapter plate that took a great deal of thought to locate that big azz block over that slim / stocky bulldog 2.5 offshore can . Which with a bit of welding and machine work will accept a 3.0-3.2L lower unit.

Both are really neat units. I feel fortunate that I have seen them both
    ( my work too ) ( Ohh a torn off sponson tip ) ( some rubbin is racin gouges )put thru the worst of conditions and come out only needing short visits to the different doctors between races ...

Yea, Me .. I ain't $%^&^&* rich like Davie, I gotta cut and paste my own ...

Thanks for sharing Chaz! Great info

6. Likes RADER liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I kina Know past and cut.... better to just sand cast.

8. Likes Todd D liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2