Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Opti owners manual....

I have a neighbor who just retired. Bought a 2008 21' NauticStar w/a 2007 optimax 200 on it. Has 106 hrs on the motor. Looks like a new rig, garage kept. The serial # is 1B529041 and I was trying to find him an owners manual. The one I downloaded is for serial # 1B227000 and up. Is this the right one? I'm going to give it to him for now anyway, he did not get any of that with the boat, just to get him up to speed on the controls and stuff. Thanks in advance .... Loyd.
    "If you don't like the way I'm live'n, just leave this long hair'd country boy alone"

'92 200hp XRi
    '89 XR4
    '88 21' Kenner ST
    '93 18' Ranger 361V
    '96 34' Pace Arrow Motahouse
    '05 Jeep GC 4x4

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should be, merc also has them
    '06 Tracker All-Fish/Tournament V-18 90 Optimax, 46.8 gps Goal one complete reach 45 mph.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey thanks Motv18, already having problems. The boat came from a dealer who took it on trade in. It was supposed to be good to go. Not. We were going to go out Sunday. So it cranked and idled OK but would not come off the trailer under power. Wouldn't get above idle speed. We went back to the house and checked the water separating fuel filter. A small amount of water and old fuel. He had added 10 gal. of fresh fuel to the tank. So a new filter and another trip to the ramp and same thing. Back at the house we had the cowling off and I noticed a loose connector on the engine oil tank sending unit, it was apart and as I looked closer I saw a jumper in the engine side connector. That was not what anyone wanted to see. So he's taking it back to the dealer today. I wouldn't want to be the guy that supposedly checked that one out... Was it in protection mode? Shouldn't that have shown up on a check?
    Last edited by rutro; 01-29-2019 at 10:18 AM.
    "If you don't like the way I'm live'n, just leave this long hair'd country boy alone"

'92 200hp XRi
    '89 XR4
    '88 21' Kenner ST
    '93 18' Ranger 361V
    '05 Jeep GC 4x4

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I jumper wire on an optimax oil sender plug(engine side)will fool the computer in thinking the oil tank is full and keep from going in guardian for low oil.
    Aaron
    Fountain 38TE, quad 400 Verados
    Talon F20 Flats boat, 250XS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey thanks for the reply's. Boat is back and up and running. They replaced the oil tank sending unit an all. The throttle cable was off? Of course looking under the cowling we did not notice this. The mechanic said something about NauticStar using a plastic end on the cable? Anyway I was not there, but that didn't sound right.
    The motor has a 23 pitch prop on it. I let it out for a run and all it turned was 5200rpm at 60 mph. That is not GPS mph but the analog dial. Strong motor. I couldn't let it too much ran out'a lake.

'92 200hp XRi
    '89 XR4
    '88 21' Kenner ST
    '93 18' Ranger 361V
    '05 Jeep GC 4x4

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chances are as a “07 with 100 hours, I would spec the plug leads for 1100-1300 ohm (factory new can be 1250) and look at the plugs. You’ll want to see 5000 tip to tip over most of the electrode. Careful not to damage the tip. Replace any with just a small spot ( I’ve found Opti carbon up quick and foul)

I suggest running some pea cleaner like Techron or pi or max atomizer. ( tends to clean up the di tip a bit better then the alcohol cleaners).

You can also also double check the throttle body synch seen several never resynched after breakin. It mainly just keeps tps on low side, and never fully loads the map sensor.

Last would be checking the check valves on the compressor oil lines. Mainline keeps oil up to the compressor and bottom ones clog letting it drain when it shouldn’t.