Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have a trophy

Quote Originally Posted by panther150 View Post
    Try a 4 blade prop, like a merc trophy for your hull . It will help. Hydrallic steering is so much better once you have it, but a 4 blade prop will take your steering torque down allot. Worth a try.
    I have a 4 blade trophy prop, its a 26. I'm up on dale hollow lake about 2 hrs north of Ashland, if you want to try it sometime. it fits my 300 promax with sportmaster, not sure if it will fit your application or not. bring your boat up, dale hollow is full of small mouth

2. Likes KIRCHNER liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mccutchen1783 View Post
    I have a 4 blade trophy prop, its a 26. I'm up on dale hollow lake about 2 hrs north of Ashland, if you want to try it sometime. it fits my 300 promax with sportmaster, not sure if it will fit your application or not. bring your boat up, dale hollow is full of small mouth
    I been wanting get up there, gonna have to plan that trip soon hopefully,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I SWITCHED to hyd seastar and still lots of torque , with tab, when i jack up. tryed a 4 blade, big improvement, top end good too. ide love to tthat max5. i see less 3 blds used lately on fast setups. i still avoid turning left when possible!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I just bought a 4 blade over hub 24 , has little torque but when it settles on the pad all that goes away bout 70. Hard to explain but gotta do more testing , tryin get a 26 3 blade over hub and compare again, but all in all. 4 blade helped alot but lost sum topend also

6. Likes Glasstream15 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I guess this is actually 1st boat I've had that I could fly it up on pad , once it starts flying and drying out on the pad , what little torque i have goes away and it's a great feeling , and balancing on the pad is lot easier than I thought, but the trick for me was the stern lift from 4 blade I guess, now if it was a lighter boat b diff story , was also able run Jack plate higher , it helped all around

8. Likes Glasstream15 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THAT over hub 4 bld wouldnt happen to be a quad-r-jet? asking because my q-r-j 24 acts the same way also hooks up real easy, just weird looking..not alot of bow lift. i dont know if my run was before or after i lost my torque tab! now i see cracks in the flo=tork hub, all 4 ears, on my trophy 4.
    Last edited by KIRCHNER; 04-18-2019 at 07:02 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes I do believe that's it without goin to check. I get decent bow lift and gud stern lift

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not exactly the same situation but my Glasstream 15V with Mariner InLine 115 was a bear to drive at it's limits. About 58/59 MPH at 6000 RPM with a 22" Turbo II. 3 1/4 in below pad, 6" set back. Torque tab epoxied and screwed on and blended with Marine Tex. Cable steering was bad for torque so I went with Bay Star. 115 motor. I played with the shape of the tab until I got it just right. By right. Even with the hydraulic steering, I can feel a difference turning left or right and even stretched all the way out I can feel some pull to the right. But the way it is now, as I accelerate and trim out I can feel the right spot for trim and it seems that when the steering feels light and even, my GPS and my tach both seem to be at their peak for that throttle setting. I know a lot of HP boaters don't like Bay Star steering but it has worked like a dream for 15 years and it's half the price of the big ones. And if I had a 150 I would have Sea Star. But the point of all this is the tab. You've got to have it and you need to play with it. Smooth it out with something like Marine-Tex and then take a little off at a time. Adjust the jack plate a 1/4 " at a time until close and then an 1/8 at a time. Setup is key and it can take time. And it can change with how much gas is in the tank or ice in the cooler. BUT!!! You also learn a LOT more about your boat and, as you check things a little more carefully, you may just uncover something about to go "BOOM".
    I carry a gun because a cop won't fit in my pocket.

1987 Glasstream 15V
    1986 Mariner "Tower of Power" 115

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2