Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

24-30' - low profile/sleek - single OB - roomy - overnighter - pref NOT a CC???

Cant we have it allllll?????

Does anything other than a Scarab Center Console or similar fit my desires? I like the low profile sleekcraft/glastron carlson look - need it to overnight - don't care if its slow - and want room for 5 or 6 friends to play without taking a blood sample from each other while under way....

Again - sporty/low profile speedy looking - but very little concern about real speed (55-60?)....

I'm a boat freak and have been since the middle 70's when my dads friend got a CVX16 so I am relatively familiar with (freshwater) boats - so please know I'm not asking this question as a dummy.. I think the answer is no (the sleek/low profile part and length mostly killing it) - but had to ask..

p.s. as long as it looks sleek/fast i dont care if it really is... 50-60 would be just fine.

Thanks!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even big go-fasts have problems accommodating more than 5 friends. Progression or Superboat 24 might be ok for you and 4 friends and will have a cabin. Or find an I/O in the 27’ range and cough up the money for a bracket, 400R, and interior mods where the sunpad/engine used to reside.

I’ve had 5 adults and 2 kids on mine for fireworks and runs to the sandbar......cramped but manageable, especially for the fireworks. As soon as the show is over the girls head for the settee couches in the cabin to stay warm and it’s a slow cruise back to the dock after dark. Without the sunpad, I’d be able to move the rear bench back and add 2 more bolsters or a U shaped rear bench.....but my wife and her friends are big fans of the sunpad.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 51061283-1E0F-441F-99CC-79A09C7875B5.jpg   42F3D626-0855-468A-BAEB-BCEDB9AF1889.jpeg  
    Last edited by Spdrcr29; 01-23-2019 at 08:51 PM.

3. Likes Frank Molé liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surprised this got moved to the for buy and sell group but ohwell.

Something like those sleekcraft 24’s or 26’s or maybe a Eliminator Mojave could possibly fit the bill.. Just really want something that looks cool (even if just to me), cheap and would make for a fun covedweller/hopper.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Super minds on S+F will find the boat ya want....Just give it time.... Cragislist....will help.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds like an old west coast style daycruiser might suit your needs. Most are pretty goofy looking but some aren't too bad.Ive even seen a few with outboard power
    Ive seriously considered cutting the deck off an old 23-26' Sleekcraft or Hawaiian or similar and converting it to a center console play/fish bay boat. I passed on a 25' Hawaiian on a nice custom trailer,original gelcoat,no damage but disassembled for $700. Still kicking myself on that one but I had no place to store it where my wife wouldnt find out about it.
    limited skills