Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 rounds???

Well, bash all the builders all you want. I understand a build, and I have parts saved but. .... You said:

People that “claim” a $1500 AR 15 will out shoot a $600 one is simply BS ...
    I have a HeadDown Provectus that cost a bit more than that. Sub MOA at 200 yds with "gun show ammo".

And with a Leopold AR series scope... At 200yds on the gong we were using it as a spotting scope.

Your bark is loud as usual. Post up a pic or get bitten!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	headdown.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	383.6 KB 
ID:	429723

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It becomes a sport same as boats, you can either have a hunting gun that shoots pretty well, or a true precision gun that isn’t well-suited for hunting. Y’alls rifles fit the bill where I like the balance
    Kevin Kiser

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, what is the next project??? AIM Surplus in Ohio has a stripped upper for under $40 and I have enough crap laying around to finish it, but who needs 8 AR's, 7 should be enough!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still contemplating what’s next , wow 7 AR’s you got me beat I only have 3 completed AR’s ( AR-10 in 6.5 creedmoor, AR-15 in 224 Valkyrie, and AR-15 in 6.5 Grendel ) All with higher end Vortex optics , as I said before my 2 bolt guns ( 6.5 creedmoor, long distance and a 7 mag ) and have $6400.00 worth of Swarovski optics attached I like em but I’ve owned most all optics available on the optic market and I have really been impressed with not only the quality of Vortex’s glass but the cost is attractive too ..

Us gun nuts gotta stick together and fight for our rights !!

Jay
    Last edited by Jay Smith; 01-31-2019 at 06:47 PM.
    Jay @ JSRE

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1954bmw View Post
    So, what is the next project??? AIM Surplus in Ohio has a stripped upper for under $40 and I have enough crap laying around to finish it, but who needs 8 AR's, 7 should be enough!!!!
    As long as you have the magazines and ammo to go with them... and a few friends. I like to have at least 2500 rnds per unit! I need some more .308.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am having sooo many problems with this AR build , the others have built worked flawlessly , both upper and lowers we both PSA’s this one is a Bear Creek Arsenal upper married to a Colt lower it will not cycle , it will not now group like it did before , ive used 3 different ammos , 2 different caliber matched magazines, my gunsmith thinks it maybe the colt lower , i today ordered a PSA complete lower to marry with this Bear Creek upper and see if that’s the issue , I have a RA # to send this upper back as soon as I try and run these pieces together , I’m still sending it back the Bear Creek people guaranteed a 1” or less group soooo either it’s gonna be fixed or I’m gonna want my money back , the reason I went with the Bear Creek part was the PSA 6.5 Grendel upper was out of stock for months , I should have been patient but from everything I read this BC was a quality piece ... I’ll update when I get PSA lower mounted and shot in keep ya fingers crossed this crap gets old !!

Jayb

Jay @ JSRE

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dang Jay, idk dude. All the boxes have been checked.

-Chamber is correctly sized or it wouldn’t shoot well, or at all.
    -tube spring has been checked and verified.
    -feed ramps are right
    -mags arent dragging on the bolt
    -different, known mags used to verify

Again, I’m the novice of all novices. But, the only other thing that may have anything to do with it is the bolt & lugs (cam pin) not wanting to smoothly rotate into the locked position which would keep it just a smidge out of battery.
    Last edited by Ted Stryker; 02-15-2019 at 09:53 AM.
    Kevin Kiser

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jay, you said that you already have other PSA AR15 lowers? Why not just swap one of those onto this Bear Creek upper to see if that corrects the issue instead of purchasing another one?
    I CAN ALWAYS MAKE ANOTHER DOLLAR, BUT I CANNOT MAKE ANOTHER DAY

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey Jay, can you elaborate on your issue some more? Ive built "a couple" ar platforms. They are very simple and usually easy to fix.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dang I have a PSA AR 15 lower attached to a PSA 224 Valkyrie ( DUHH ) but I have a PSA Lower one the way, this 224 is a tack driver and cycles smooth as silk I’m really apprehensive To attach a piece that might queer up my 224 that I love ...

Gorilla if your available give me a call I can talk better than type

832 597 2603 anytime
    Jay @ JSRE

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Smith View Post
    I am having sooo many problems with this AR build , the others have built worked flawlessly , both upper and lowers we both PSA’s this one is a Bear Creek Arsenal upper married to a Colt lower it will not cycle , it will not now group like it did before , ive used 3 different ammos , 2 different caliber matched magazines, my gunsmith thinks it maybe the colt lower , i today ordered a PSA complete lower to marry with this Bear Creek upper and see if that’s the issue , I have a RA # to send this upper back as soon as I try and run these pieces together , I’m still sending it back the Bear Creek people guaranteed a 1” or less group soooo either it’s gonna be fixed or I’m gonna want my money back , the reason I went with the Bear Creek part was the PSA 6.5 Grendel upper was out of stock for months , I should have been patient but from everything I read this BC was a quality piece ... I’ll update when I get PSA lower mounted and shot in keep ya fingers crossed this crap gets old !!

Jayb

Have you tried an adjustable gas block. I know my 6.5 Grendel build, using Alexander Arms parts, was over gassed and needed an adjustable gas block to get it 100%.
    Mine was originally a DPMS .223 rifle. I bought the AA barrel and the barrel came with a bolt matched to the barrel. I also used the mags AA sells, and I installed a heavy buffer and stronger buffer spring.
    It would cycle shooting average trigger speeds but was denting the brass. If I fired quickly it would stove pipe on the last round. The adjustable gas block, Surperlative Arms, solved the problem. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...k-ar-15-lr-308

Other than that I don't know what to tell ya other than to check over at http://www.65grendel.com/forum/forum.php? or maybe https://www.ar15.com/forums/index.html

I've only "built" 4 AR's in my life, for me and other people, and the gas block issue is the only problem I've ever had to address. I did a lot of "internet research" before I started putting AR's together. The majority of everything I know about AR's is from reading and asking questions.
    Sorry I couldn't be more help but I would defiantly try an adjustable gas block. I highly recommend adjustable gas blocks on all AR's. Almost all AR's are over gassed so they will fire any ammo and fire when dirty. Being I clean all my guns after every range trip and am not an "operator" I don't need an over gassed gun.

If ya want top shelf AR's, I hear LaRue Tactical are great guns/parts and are built in Leander, TX. https://www.larue.com/
    I've heard some of our troops use their stuff.
    Last edited by CDave; 02-15-2019 at 12:15 PM.
    -----------------------
    93 STV Mod VP/MERC 2.5 200
    -----
    The Bible is life's instruction manual.

Proverbs 4:18-20

" For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
    -- John F. Kennedy 1962

12. Likes AZMIDLYF liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My PSA’s AR 10 6.5 creedmoor has adjustable gas block as does my AR 15 224 Valkyrie , im not versed in these things at all my other PSA guns works flawlessly so I didn’t have to adjust the gas block , I tried with all my internet power to get someone to answer questions to no avail , you struggle to get any help from any of these gun parts suppliers , CDave your issues are a mirror of mine I’d love to talk to you to get clarification on some issues ...

Jay
    Jay @ JSRE

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tired of fighting this AR issue just pulled trigger on an upper brand that I’ve built and have had zero issues on 2 complete rebuilds , that’s PSA , their 6.5 Grendel just became available so I bought the higher end 20” SS on sale from $559 to $349 on the way along with the PSA lower to marry with this upper, my time and stress level is used up , cheap crap is just that , my buddy that suggested this BCA can have this junk upper ...

Jay
    Jay @ JSRE

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hope ya have better luck with the new one. I still recommend an adjustable gas block. They are super easy to install and setup.

Edit: I read ya wanted to talk about your problem. You can PM and we can talk about it. I got burnt out on talking on phones when I was working as a field mechanic. I'm not sure why but I still really don't like talking on phones. On a PM or email I'll talk your ear off.
    I blame it on the tumor in my head, haha.
    Last edited by CDave; 02-15-2019 at 11:02 PM.
    -----------------------
    93 STV Mod VP/MERC 2.5 200
    -----
    The Bible is life's instruction manual.

Proverbs 4:18-20

" For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
    -- John F. Kennedy 1962

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New one has adjustable gas block , all PSA uppers do

Jay @ JSRE

17. Likes CDave liked this post