Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bummed out !!!!

All these Sears stores closing , besides all the folks loosing their jobs what am I gonna use for outhouse paper ???

JK , But wonder if these internet sales places shut down all these places we all use to buy from , And if the internet goes tits up what’s gonna happen then ???

Jay
    Jay @ JSRE

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Progress ??????????????????
    why ask me ?

Silverton section of Toms River, NJ/Stuart, Florida
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I miss the sears Christmas catalog

4. Likes Frank Molé liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh man me 2 ...

Jay
    Jay @ JSRE

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sears, JC Penny, Montgomery Ward, etc, etc, etc have gone. It's a cycle, not the end of the world.

Did you know Stanley picked up Craftsman? How cool as that?!!! Close as your local Lowe's store!!!

SMH... Have a few drinks... Play with the grand kids....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vnemous View Post
    I miss the sears Christmas catalog
    /thread. You win the internet today haha
    Hydrostream dreamin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LakeFever View Post
    /thread. You win the internet today haha
    Nah, JC Whitney back in the day!!!

9. Likes AZMIDLYF liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think it's ironic that the mail order business (via catalog) is what made Sears huge and the mail order business (via internet) is what shut them down. Talk about full circle!
    Josh Peterson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sears just could not compete with Wallyworld, HomeDepot, lowes and Best Buy......... then the internet finished them off. I don't know where I'm gonna get my tires if they close..........
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors". Plato .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Craftsman tools used to be known for quality but when the quality went down hill but the price went up it hurt their sales. Husky and Kobalt tools ended up taking their place for less money in my opinion. Hell for that matter even Harbor Freight put a hurting on them for the backyard hack like me. It is good to see Craftsman tools at Lowes but I still dont see any bargains.

Ralph Musser
    27' Fountain Fever W/ 525SC
    22' Rapid Craft W/ Evinrude 300 V8 January 2009 BOAT OF THE MONTH SOLD
    24' Triton 240 Gold W/ Mercury 60
    14' Royalcraft W/ Evinrude 75 father/daughter project

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hear from a buddy working in retail in China that to gov is getting concerned that internet sales will change the face of china and remove too many jobs...
    Anything and everything is now an app on a phone in china.
    People are ordering meals to home and china has worked out they cant deal with the added packaging waste.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The past ten years or so has been an impressive success how previously unknown ecoms have decimated massive retail corporations so quickly and effectively. The same process happened previously with the film and camera industry when the digital camera revolution took over. It happened so quickly that ALL of the major film camera makers and film producers ( Kodak etc ) got slaughtered.

The pattern is pretty evident and this brings us both good and bad things in days ahead. Paperwork jobs? Accounting etc? Finished. If you know anyone in those industries they are on borrowed time. Banking? Finished. The switch is going to be fast and fierce on this one I feel. There is not much love for the banks as it is so there is double jeopardy in play there. Middle management? Mostly finished. Basically any job or industry that "handles" production "solutions" which translates to anyone between the manufacturer/producer of items/content are all going away and not to return. Niche market future, mainstream demand will be gone and gone soon.

Then on the political side you can already see the efforts in play with the climapsychos who basically want to control movement via state run/owned transport systems. This is why the subsidy models for green solutions are so awful and dangerous. The more the gov't gets involved with the development of future tech the more control they will exert over how its used and that wont be good at all.

There is a backdoor though that I dont favor but might be the only way to take the power back. Crypto.... not a fan really id prefer sane fiscal policy and some straight up accounting practice instead but hey, since when is any politician concerned with simple logical solutions these days?
    Hydrostream dreamin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sears and roebuck catalogs were awesome, you could get anything you wanted, I blame Walmart in part for all the smaller older chains closing, online ordering, and layaway make it hard to compete, have also seen (grandpa's) decrease as well
    97 xb2002 15" 300x w 1.62 sporty
    ( Haulin Bass) (108 mph so far
    (Rip. Whiteally02) -dad
    They call it the American dream, to bad you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Will hedrick View Post
    Sears and roebuck catalogs were awesome, you could get anything you wanted, I blame Walmart in part for all the smaller older chains closing, online ordering, and layaway make it hard to compete, have also seen (grandpa's) decrease as well
    Walmart created the globalization model that everyone else followed. Basically they found a way to offset labor costs of production by using a funnel trap that sort of looks like a sand filled hour glass where the US economy would represent the top glass of sand as the current labor cost and consumer purchase power and the bottom represented Walmarts income and purchasing costs. It was initially a slow trickle effect but once the consumer purhcase power began to line up with Walmarts production costs? It literally FORCED every other retailer to join the same model or get wiped out.

Two events imo happened that defined todays economy as we know it. The first Japanese imported car began the slide of domestic production right there because there was no trade balance set for that deal. The flow of imports only came into America they were not allowed to import domestic cars into Japan. Still arent really. The second was Walmarts China model which as well all know literally GUTTED domestic production and has us where we are now.

Its a pretty easy read. America is a young country and China is 5000 years plus old. You think they have not been through this before? They aint gonna make no deals that exposes them to national collapse and thats the type of thinking that needs to reach everyones minds. China is not to blame for being good for their own people, thats their duty. What we can do is be sure to be good to ours too so we dont have to fall apart and start over which would be foolish and dangerous. Its really all about public awareness more than voting at this time
    Hydrostream dreamin

17. Thanks Will hedrick thanked for this post
    Likes powerabout liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what the issue gov's have woken up to is the removal of good jobs, now there are much more low paying jobs, the tax take is reduced and transfer pricing from the global multinationals has pulled billions from lots of countries.
    China's young are now permanent renters with no savings and just credit card debtors, sound familiar?