Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What war .. ???

Just because congressman Michael Waltz has Ninja-19 doesn't mean he wont be on the job by the time anti-American Piglosi call's for the next vote .
    Other than that the war seems to be in commietefa states like Wiz-can-sen ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    OK , I see now. You stayed in the same county and had the professor do the tail pipe and the entire story about Indiana was B.S. ...

I miss you too ...

Mailman .. err UPS magnate .. your complicit in the flim~flam~cam~scam ...
    You must have heard that I was out drinking last night to? anything else that you can tell me about what I am doing? funny I didn't even see you when I was in Indiana on my most recent road trip 14 days ago-where else did I visit pertaining to this project on that trip? News flash: you are out of the loop on this project and will be chasing porkchops in the near future if you are able to make it. The professor has not touched anything as of yet on this one either. Again, you don't know so don't try to speculate-just get your holes filled for another attempt to manage air/fuel and see if it will make a two hundred mile lunch or dinner trip with us.

Remember when, the 300X was great, guys spent years converting 3L blocks to X wannabes (they were the leaders of that era), it took a big block to be fast, you needed higher octane to make power, C3 corvettes where the less then 200 hp production hodrod of the day, we had NHRA running a full quarter mile, KZ900s, GS1100/1150, H2s were considered fast street bikes, all of this is history, long in the past and some is classified as antique- Today's world is able to tell us via advanced software what a specific displacement engine configuration assembled with a specific group of parts will make for horsepower and torque at a specific rpm and the guess work is gone. The only remaining questions are how much you want to spend, how much power you want to make, and which link is going to break first if you make too much. Today's outboard world is no longer capped at 370 hp modified X or XS that eat 25 dollar a gallon oil and take home brew additives or expensive octane booster to run. There is a new "more precise" way to get to the finish line along with a fast growing group of enthusiast to support it.

Headed to the water now to run with Kory and the boys

Good Day,

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How long is the boat? It looks long. Also, beautiful boat.
    Allison XB21 2+2

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome boat, very nice!!!
    TJ @ Baker Engineering
    Tuff 24 300xs
    Tuff 16 90 Yammie
    3.75@199mph with LSX power!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPEROG View Post
    You must have heard that I was out drinking last night to? anything else that you can tell me about what I am doing? funny I didn't even see you when I was in Indiana on my most recent road trip 14 days ago-where else did I visit pertaining to this project on that trip? News flash: you are out of the loop on this project and will be chasing porkchops in the near future if you are able to make it. The professor has not touched anything as of yet on this one either. Again, you don't know so don't try to speculate-just get your holes filled for another attempt to manage air/fuel and see if it will make a two hundred mile lunch or dinner trip with us.
    No sir, no speculation .. only words you typed. Your C.D.S. must be kickin .. you just said ..The professor hasn't touched this motor

The tailpipe was installed at Porta Products less then a mile from my house

My~O~My ...

I know you was worried about gettin gapped by some ol 225 HP 3L on the bottle, sold wolf tickets .. and forgot what you said. I quoted you already .. no need in sayin it again ..

Never had a A/F ratio issue .. I did a 80 to Zero wheelie-stop (like the old men did on Space Cowboys) and buckled some rods .. Merc junk just ain't my ol Maico

Remember when, the 300X was great, guys spent years converting 3L blocks to X wannabes (they were the leaders of that era), it took a big block to be fast, you needed higher octane to make power, C3 corvettes where the less then 200 hp production hodrod of the day, we had NHRA running a full quarter mile, KZ900s, GS1100/1150, H2s were considered fast street bikes, all of this is history, long in the past and some is classified as antique- Today's world is able to tell us via advanced software what a specific displacement engine configuration assembled with a specific group of parts will make for horsepower and torque at a specific rpm and the guess work is gone. The only remaining questions are how much you want to spend, how much power you want to make, and which link is going to break first if you make too much. Today's outboard world is no longer capped at 370 hp modified X or XS that eat 25 dollar a gallon oil and take home brew additives or expensive octane booster to run. There is a new "more precise" way to get to the finish line along with a fast growing group of enthusiast to support it.

Headed to the water now to run with Kory and the boys

Good Day,

Joe
    Really some nice deflective counter measures ... but I still remember what you said .. and are sayin now ..

Yea .. them bikes of old were really something ... back in the day.
    Hate to tell you , they still are. I know from your place along the fence or from your TV set they look like Hyabukki's .. But in reality ..

They are 1800 cc + GS 1100 ~ 1150's
    Even though they came with 4 valve heads, they are only allowed to run a Wardy 2-valve head ...

Inside a Pro Stock Motorcycle engine | NHRA

VORTEX CYLINDER HEADS (wardperformance.com)

Dan Wagner builds a lot of the fastest street outlaw bikes. Call him and "axe" him about the power diff in the buzi vs the antique .. Tell him I sent ya , he'll tell ya the truth ...

Surely you have pics of your "Indy" motors .. I know it's top secret .. LMAO

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You obviously know more then I do about what I have going on. Bottom line is that these are great times for performance outboard enthusiast that have new found capabilities thanks to Mercury Racings release of the 4.6 platform. Scott never touched either motor and yes parts were worked on and parts were machined in his building but he has several employees and tenants within that are very capable and have done a great job. I am in the process of building my new boat which I am sure you are up to speed on. These motors and the development of them will be for whats coming more then for the two LCB projects that are now in hand.

As for the bikes, a modern street legal turbo big block with a 10" over arm will kill what we used to think was fast -stock 600s are running 10 second quarter miles. I spent lots of money with George Bryce to build the performance of a current showroom bike (he always had an update to be done 60 days later due to research on the bench) now the research is done with predictive analytics and key stroke input- times have changed and they aren't going back. Old stuff is fun to talk about and reminisce over but if you are interested in covering miles and seeing the things that I am, there is nothing better then whats out there today.

We had a great run again today with 4 new four strokes in our group. We lost one 2.5 yesterday and had one on the rope last Friday as well so I am getting used to being the tow guy- "if you need it, we have you covered"-we will also be able to spare enough fuel between us to get you where you need to go (bring plenty of home brew as we are all running Rec 90"--bring whatever oil you need to, we are running 25W 50 synthetic.

"Surely you have pics of your "Indy" motors .. I know it's top secret .. LMAO"--I can get them from you when the stuff is done. You will surely know before I do-

Outlaw bikes are all but done-- Pro Street class will be more successful than Outlaw is because the Pro Street bikes are more cutting edge and use the modern Suzuki Hayabusa and Kawasaki ZX-14 engines. Most Outlaw bikes utilized the popular but outdated Suzuki GS motor, which flourished in the 1980s. “The combinations that were going fast in Outlaw were the old school nitrous bikes. Nobody anymore is really interested in the GS platforms. If you look at the sport of motorcycle drag racing as a whole, it’s all about these 1000s and Busas, “We watched the crowd reaction at our WPGC Bike Fest last summer. Pro Street (which was competing as an exhibition class) got the most excitement and interest from the fans. It was crystal clear. The Outlaws were just a tick quicker than the Pro Street bikes without any real street appeal.”

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    One of Scott's employees .. in his building .. with his tools .. yea OK . I'll bet if there was an issue ... you wouldn't run to "an employee"

Watch a PDRA race or two . Man Cup series ... OutLaw ~ Pro Street .. same thing .
    Sure they have have a class for the slower bikes.. but anything that says Pro or Outlaw will be mostly GS or KZ based .

Octane booster ... I usually carry 2 gallons . Enough for a 2 ~ 3 day weekend . Ohhh geez where could I possibly store another gallon ... On a 25' boat .. LMAO

All them .. few 300R motors, I'll bet in a few years Kory will wish you used that money to help him get into a nice place of his own ...

Got rope ... you'll need it to see speeds comparable to a 300x

As far as needing a tow, I pull em two at a time ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by home made tunnel View Post
    I used to love the Talons - but these are winning me over. What's one go for stripped down? I'd imagine they should be cheaper than the center consoles - less materials and all involved.
    I called recently and spoke to the man, They will not sell a bare hull. You can buy one fully rigged with trailer for around 50K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Joe , I was so anxious to come in for lunch ... nothing ..

Chaz , you old out of the loop , closed minded , antique , good for nuttin buzzard .. !

Whewww , I feel better now ..

Back to my boring azz existence ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the Turbo outlet...

We have invented the world; WE see

11. Likes Speed Jr., 99fxst99 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Charlie,

I will always view you as a friend "no exceptions". Your thoughts and negative talk about Mercury racing and their new products (the only company that supplies us new power for what we love to do) is what I can't relate to and don't understand. You are welcome to ride, run, borrow, or what ever, any of my boats. As for Kory, he will be fine you can bet on it. As for me, I am going to see and do as much as I can related to what I enjoy as long as I can do it. It has become very apparent to me that lifes finish line comes way too fast for many and I want to see as much of the track (with friends and family) as possible before I get there. The vast majority of my friends are involved in the same hobbies that I am and so on we go with boats, motorcycles, and snowmobiles. Please let me know if the guys get my hard parts before I get back from vacation.

I like the picture of the super boat towing. I was referring to the big slug motors for my gesture.

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by river rocket View Post
    How long is the boat? It looks long. Also, beautiful boat.
    20' Thank you for the compliment.

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I consider you like my little brother .. that's why I give you so much **** .

I see you haven't been given the speech yet .

When Brandon was little ... he had every Play-station / game they ever made.

He tasted gasoline , has had three different (Jr. Dragsters) race cars and loved racing in just about every state this side of the Mississippi from 11 to 17 years old.

Bout the time he tasted lip-stick ... him and I built a Corvette with a 10:1 / 406 ci / hyd. roller / loose converter / 3.73's / and threw him the keys when it was done and he had a license in hand @ 16 .

Somewhere in there I gave him my Snook Slayin Jon boat. It only had a 6 hp motor .. so he used it once, instead of exploring the shallows.

The speech : I guess I was the only one who didn't know that dad is sposta pay for car insurance / health insurance / gas money / food and clothing until said child reach's 25 years of age ...
    And BTW , dad , I had a great time hangin out with you , you taught me a trade i could fall back on if I had to , but I wish you would have pulled back on the fun a little and gave me the money now that I'm married and looking to buy a house ..

Maybe in not so many words .. but your speech is coming ..

Yes , the mothership, is the only mfg who makes hi-po parts . With no competition, they are free to charge whatever they want for motors and parts.

Plastic side wear pads ... $150

300 PM O-ring kit for the laser type injection .... $400

Simple gasket ... $100 ea.

Outboard motors ... $50,000

I bet they sit in board rooms and laugh , I'll bet you lunch, someone is stupid enough to pay our prices .... F'in boat junkies .. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ... all the way to the bank.
    When I grill the Merc men (I'm easy on you compared to them) all they can muster is a .. I guess it's cuz we can. If you want to carry around a jug of KY jelly, be my guest ... me, I'll hold my position and rebuild used stuff .

The 300snootR , was sposta be the bad dog .. The one you called me out with ..

But if the reality check is that , it's still in the dream works stage ... I understand, you just got caught up in the moment ...

Enjoy your vacation ... I'll watch the mail box for ya ... Pppfffttttttttt

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is Merc has no competition in the hi-performance end of the business & can charge whatever they want!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskoka2 View Post
    The problem is Merc has no competition in the hi-performance end of the business & can charge whatever they want!
    That is not a problem. The problem WOULD BE if they stopped offering better and better stuff. Everything comes down in price on the used market as the product and the technology that created it ages. So there is absolutely nothing to complain about "you either make it yourself, buy another product, or get out of the game". I like cars but it is unrealistic for me to complain about parts or cost for a new GT3RS. I either go to a used car that I can afford now, I wait until the 3RS comes down in price and buy a used one, or I buy another brand that is lower level (typically) then what I really wanted; or I get out of the game. I don't look down at them or badmouth them for making the best product for my application and say they shouldn't charge that much (I have options). This is still a free enterprise system (at this point) and if things are truly overpriced then the system will correct it with lack of sales or create competitors that will take advantage of the open financial opportunity.

There was never an outboard platform offered to anyone that has the potential that the new large displacement 4 strokes do. CRT is the only other one that is claiming a motor close in power output and they are more money, no warranty, limited availability, and consequently have very few sales (basic free enterprise system at work and proving results)--Hats off to Mercury Racing for continued investing, continued improvement, and filling the desires of their performance oriented customer base.

Joe

17. Likes engineermike liked this post
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast