User Tag List

Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those big ear choppers are hard as hell. I bought one with a slight fold on one blade and I had to beat the living hell out of it to move that metal. The small ears are easy to work comparatively. Tempest props too whatever they are made of tough as heck
    Hydrostream dreamin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tnelsmn View Post
    I honestly have no idea, this is all new to me. I'm just experimenting. I used a cut off wheel to cut it. I heated it to hammer the cup into it. I couldn't move it trying to work it cold.
    Come on, just need that bigger hammer... Thor comes to mind... Mjollnir should do the trick
    LETS GO BRANDON.... LETS GO BRANDON

Sometimes I talk to myself...then we both just laugh and laugh

'84 Checkmate Convincor

3. Likes tnelsmn liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you can work them cold that is the best. If you do need to apply heat then then only go as "hot" as you need to as i'm not talking CHERRY RED lol. Ideally depending on the prop company and the metal you then Cyro it or heat treat it after. May i ask what you are using to make sure your cup is accurate and the same on all 3 blades as that is just as crucial as static balancing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wicheckmate View Post
    if you can work them cold that is the best. If you do need to apply heat then then only go as "hot" as you need to as i'm not talking CHERRY RED lol. Ideally depending on the prop company and the metal you then Cyro it or heat treat it after. May i ask what you are using to make sure your cup is accurate and the same on all 3 blades as that is just as crucial as static balancing
    Using a radius gauge to get it even. To be clear, this isn't a prop I plan to run long term. It doesn't have enough pitch for me. Worked great with my old set up, but too small for the new motor. Plus two of the blades had cracks in the leading edge that I've welded previously. It's more of an experiment for me to see if I can make it work.

6. Likes LakeFever liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a chance to get out and run the new 30 ET that I bought. The first day out was pretty rough and busy so I wasn't able to push it very hard. Saw a best of 90 at about 6,200. I was pretty disappointed as I was thinking it would turn it to the limiter since it had no problem turning a 28ET to the limiter. It felt out of power.

Just got back in from the river tonight on a much calmer day, almost no traffic, and a lighter fuel load. Was able to run up to 94.1, at about 6,600. Couldn't get much more out of it where I am, I need more room to let it wind out. I also need to work on balance a bit more as its leaning a bit to the driver side when way up on the pad. The ET sure feels to fly the boat higher out of the water than any other prop I've run. But it sure is stable and handles well.

Jack plate is max up so prop shaft CL is about 1/2" above the pad.

Here's the best pass so far, GoPro GPS reading a little slower.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_8216.jpg   IMG_8263.jpg   IMG_8269.jpg  

8. Thanks Baker343 thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looking good Tony!
    1973 Viper - sold
    1978 Viking - sold
    1995 XB02

10. Thanks tnelsmn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks awesome!

Is your GoPro's GPS reading slow? When we took the kids boat out we got it up to 53.2 on my phone but the GoPro Hero 9 was only saying 52.
    -Kevin
    Project Vulture | Project Vector | Project Vamp | Project CobraJet
    1977 Hydrostream Vulture - Worlds longest ongoing project.
    1982 Hydrostream Vector
    1982 Hydrostream Vamp
    1973 Hydrostream Vixen
    1976 CobraJet Jet Boat - Outboard conversion project
    199? Glastron - aka Boat Anchor
    1976 Pontoon - aka The Family Truckster

12. Thanks tnelsmn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kevin, yes the GoPro seems to read 1-2MPH slower than my Garmin. It also seems to depend on the camera as well. I have 2 Hero5 Blacks and one is pretty spot on while the other trends low.

Here is another run I made this morning. The river was a perfect sheet of glass when I first got on the water, what a beautiful morning. I put a 50lb dumbbell in the port wing for balance and it made a world of difference over 90. Set a new personal best of 94.7MPH. Still 1/2" above the pad. Leaning towards going up a few holes on the motor so I can get higher and see if that will help. I'm in the center hole of the clamp at the moment.

Also, discovered the limit of how far UP to trim where it becomes more airplane than boat haha. With a blip of the throttle and down trim it settled right back down with no trouble at all.

14. Thanks Hippie459MN thanked for this post
    Likes LakeFever, Hippie459MN, Gw1nels175 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

86 Progression 24XL FOR Sale Need to Post AD

Im new to this site, can I post an Ad on a Thread to sell my boat? Looking for some advice I would like to post my 86 Progression 24XL for sale, its a classic beauty but Im trying to figure out how I put an AD up on here. Any advise would help. Thank you

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Progression24XL View Post
    Im new to this site, can I post an Ad on a Thread to sell my boat? Looking for some advice I would like to post my 86 Progression 24XL for sale, its a classic beauty but Im trying to figure out how I put an AD up on here. Any advise would help. Thank you
    There's a buy and sell marketplace if you scroll further down the main page. Post your for sale ad in there.

17. Likes Progression24XL liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you! I finally figured it out! Good luck on your sale. Thanks for replying

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tony whats going on with your boat man? You been running it? Any new improvements?
    Hydrostream dreamin

20. Likes tnelsmn liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LakeFever View Post
    Tony whats going on with your boat man? You been running it? Any new improvements?
    Lake, well I went and picked up the original interior from the first shop who was supposed to do it, who never did it after 18 months. I now have an appointment with another shop for early august to get that done. I put the seats back in for now so I can run the boat until then.

I just got the injectors back from being flow tested for peace of mind. In the process of pulling the injection system I fried the engine side harness not knowing the VST fuel pump has a constant hot running to it. Mother Merc decided to switch the negative apparently. I was able to splice and save the harness thankfully. Thats back together and the engine runs fine. You can see melted wires on the lower right side of the harness.

I've been fighting a leaky thermostat housing so I broke down and put some RTV on it, thats sealed and good.

And lastly I had to fix the relay wiring on my jack plate, I had ran two 10ga wires to a single terminal in each relay. That was a little too big and worked itself loose. So I spliced the two into a single wire to hook into the plug which is perfect.

On top of all of that I've been completely buried in work and got a new camper in a lakeside campground I've been working on setting up. Busy spring to say the least.

So after a bunch of stupid little headache stuff I'm ready for the water this season. Should be in this Thursday.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_8770.jpg  
    Last edited by tnelsmn; 06-13-2022 at 09:24 AM.

22. Likes rjdubiel, LakeFever liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    T, what’s your thoughts on a VST delete? I’ve been thinking about it on mine, but really don’t want to do it. I’ve been watching your thread to see if you mention it or not ��

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve been thinking of doing one. But at this point I have a completely stock motor so I don’t see the need for it. Then I would have to add an electric fuel pump in the boat. And I’d probably set it up for a return style fuel system. If I move to a slide intake I’ll have to set one up, but probably won’t happen this year.

25. Thanks Blacknsilvr thanked for this post
Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast