Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Unhappy California fires...

I just wanted to say that I sure hope nobody is in any danger because of the fires there. There have been over 50 deaths so far. If anybody is in any trouble because of the fires, and if myself or anybody here can help in any way, please call me or post here. My thoughts are with all of you...

Greg

Facebook | YouTube | Vintage Outboard Catalogs
    Photo prints available of your boat - click here

2. Likes NICE PAIR, vnemous, mr fun liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greg Things are getting strange....in the USA....storms ... fires.... floods I watch a lot of stuff on U tube about this stuff and think are we at the end? And world wide too.....And ya never hear about the aftermath of this stuff??????The so called News just covers the S...T and then forgets the story of cause and clean up...... Dave S. out

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	46265849_1911759095539754_7261068424967618560_n.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	105.9 KB 
ID:	423368

#2 iron from the Mayo clinic, Fla. / Blue Ridge, VA.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just can't get my head around the number of houses gone in hours, a hurricane is predicted for days,,, but something like this is just unimaginable. everything gone in hours, just awful
    most overnite successes usually take at least 10 years

Certified turd polisher,

6. Likes NICE PAIR, Glasstream15 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    After doing some research and talking to 4 different friends in CA. (two in Northern and two in Southern), all of them agree that the liberal govt. has a large part to blame in these fires. They don't allow the forest service to do there controlled burns, the trees are off limits to be cut down & maintained, and these catastrophic results are what we get to deal with. Here in FL., we have several fire breaks and clearings along with controlled burns that take place (without them, I would have lost my property 10 years ago). In an area that has the funneled winds that they do common sense needs to be put back into common practice.

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When the wind is 70 MPH coming downhill it would take monster firebreak to stop it ambers fly a long way.

Yeah, they had no rain because of the effects of global warming. 0 do you believe that has ANYTHING to do with it?

Breaking records every year hotter and hotter, this is just the new normal.

I stick with Science, not Joe's assertation

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/e...rnia-wildfire/
    We have invented the world; WE see

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Here we go again. Another parrot with a one track mind. Global warming, global warming. We have more fires because of more careless people. Fires don't just happen randomly. I do truly feel sorry for the people that have been hurt and killed by these blazes. Hope they get some relief soon from this devastating trend of yearly disasters.

83 V-King, 96 Mariner, 200 hp ff block 2.5 w/a 28p choppa
    We gotta clean this liberal mess up, VOTE TRUMP TO MAGA!
    Rebuild thread:
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-it&highlight=
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...cs.&highlight=
    Videos

10. Likes Forkin' Crazy, mrichartz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I know that I would do whatever it takes to avoid human loss, devastation, and be able to control these situations. So if it takes big fire breaks along with less vegetation and overgrowth to burn which in turn creates less flying embers then yes l would do what it takes. You can't have a box of matches sitting in a wind tunnel without proper precautions. As for the global warming, you are not going to change the "Grand Plan" but it does create a lot of income and public scare for the people that believe they can.

My prayers go out for all affected by this tragedy.

Joe

12. Likes Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of my customers said they knew someone stuck at a roadblock and watched the taillights melting on the car in front of them. My sailing partner has a friend in Paradise that went home to rescue their dog and on the way out the authorities sent people the wrong way. She ended up getting out of the car with the dog and ran for her life leaving behind the other people who weren't fast enough. They died in their vehicles. One of my oldest friends has been living just E of Malibu. Was evacuated 3 times at the Woosley fire. Gave his boss notice and is coming back to Oregon next month. They're still finding bodies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First it was Global Cooling then Global Warming now it is Climate Change. I just ask a simple question. There were dinosaurs and woolly mammoths before? Plus the evidence of agriculture above the Arctic Circle.

Three fires last year here Thomas, Alamo and Whittier. The Whittier, we had the bombers flying over and watched them drop from where I live now. I have videos of them taken from my back deck. Solvang Ca.

Heres a tid bit..... https://www.cbsnews.com/news/study-north-pole-once-was-tropical/

Last edited by gfinch; 11-16-2018 at 02:37 PM.
    Gary

I don't know enough, to leave well enough alone.

15. Likes Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Oh boy, Global warming BS again? What, third of a degree and thats the cause? Get real. Been in and out CA since 60's. Lots relatives all south now near San Diego or moved. Brother and family lived Thousand Oaks, grand niece still there, Bro in NorCal now, kid in Fl. Other kid his is near SF. All got the hell out LA basin as it sucks now too many people. Rode the canyons outside Malibu (GREAT RIDING!) so I know the state well. But?.......

The damn libs, tree huggers, enviro wackos got there upcoming slap in the face. BESIDES a long drought west. Damn rainiest month here in WA is Nov, 8-9 inches average., This year, UNDER A INCH! CA dry as a bone. Bark Beetle infestation killed a lot of trees..
    Record 129 million trees dead in California due to drought, bark beetle. The U.S. Forest Service announced that an historic 129 million trees on 8.9 million acres have died due to drought and bark beetles in the state of California.

And possible cause Camp Fire..? And Paradise was older and no homes built to fire code, so that why it was wiped out so fast..

If California electric utility PG&E is responsible for California's wildfires, it may not be able to afford the payouts it would owe.PG&E disclosed in a regulatory filing Tuesday that it "experienced an outage" on a transmission line in Butte County at 6:15 a.m. on November 8 -- just 15 minutes before the Camp Fire that has so far claimed 48 lives broke out.

PG&E said the cause of the fire is still under investigation. But if its equipment is found to be responsible for it, PG&E "could be subject to significant liability in excess of insurance coverage" and that this could have "a material impact" on its financial results.

More, ya get the powerful Santa Ana winds, no controlled burns, many standing dead trees and vegetation, clean air wackos and well, look at all yer clean air now...

And I aint falling for the BS "more hurricanes more fires, more floods, more earthquakes , etc"? Sorry but we only have 100 years any real information that. And only the last 20-30 years with worldwide social media spreading the news that we would never know about unless major. Earthquakes happen daily, fires daily, flooding daily all happen the globe daily.
    The sky is falling may ass..

i got friends the power company here down there now, as they are also fire trained. Trust me, a wild fire in a forest is just that. Wanna clue how fast? Take a 6 foot dried out Christmas tree and hit it with a match,. Stand back and gone in 15 seconds. Now try that with a stand of 100 footers. Heat is TREMENDOUS! Even the living green dry out fast and they go up too. Seen it a wild fire Island across me the Bay.

But really feel sorry those who simple lost everything...fire sucks and takes all and leaves nothing but ashes........

17. Likes mrichartz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPEROG View Post
    After doing some research and talking to 4 different friends in CA. (two in Northern and two in Southern), all of them agree that the liberal govt. has a large part to blame in these fires. They don't allow the forest service to do there controlled burns, the trees are off limits to be cut down & maintained, and these catastrophic results are what we get to deal with. Here in FL., we have several fire breaks and clearings along with controlled burns that take place (without them, I would have lost my property 10 years ago). In an area that has the funneled winds that they do common sense needs to be put back into common practice.

Joe
    ^^^ This is it!!! I know people that live over there so I brought up the subject of an "endangered" rodent. They confirmed it was keeping them, by law, from trimming, cutting, burning, or manipulating the ground cover.

Again the liberals own this.

19. Thanks hydrochicken thanked for this post
    Likes mrichartz, hydrochicken liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    North Pole magnetic, Canadian territory. Continental shifting over the history of the planet hasn't had that land in the same place.
    The great western rainforests of BC Washington etc once ranged way further south, California, lower and Mex. Things are changing, always did , California droughts that occur now wouldn't support that temperate climate rain forest today as it did in the past.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wayne Charvel lost it all too, work shop every thing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WTF. Some people get the trophy for turning heartfelt condolences to dead or almost,, or lost everything into a liberal bashing rant.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast