Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1.85 gears. Max rpm is 6000 per the brochure, so at 6400 he is getting is probably on the limiter.

Were it mine, I'd try engine height and props, maybe change setback, before spending the money on a short shaft conversion. I just got a short mid 200XS for my SS2000 and have <10 hours on it. So far the mid looks cool, but doesn't seem to transform the boat.

The gearcase can handle the rev limiter rpm. But can it be raised high enough to optimize performance and maintain water pressure/not blow out? That's the question that led to my purchase of a 200XS.

A sportmaster conversion could solve the engine height worry. But it might be more cost effective to just go black.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1.75 or 1.62 would make propping easier for sure
    [IMG][/IMG]

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have guessed that the 250 HO would be 100+ mph on the XB2002, but the more I think about it - Weight may be a big part of the problem. It certainly has the horsepower. The pad that should carry 100% of the weight at speed is very small/narrow on these (here is my pad again). I theorize that with 3 batteries, heavy outboard, heavy trolling motor 20 feet away (80 lbs of trolling motor = 1,600 lbs 20 feet away) are just more than the 02's pad wants to carry. These are small boats that have broken dozens of speed records for 30 years now. I blame weight as the biggest obstetrical to those speeds.
    I know this for absolute certain - mine is extremely weight sensitive. Years ago, I made runs my favorite lake with 1 battery, no fishing gear, all passenger seats removed, 1 starting battery only, and no trolling motor. Wow! The first thing I felt was a dramatic increase in bow lift and a huge increase in reaction to trim. We loaded the boat on the trailer and raised the jackplate multiple times to a final propshaft height of 1.5" above the pad. The engine pegged the limiter (6,750) quickly and the boat ran the fastest I've ever had it before/since. The efficiency of the prop skyrocketed and the 30 Chopper was pushing the boat forward with every rotation. I never tried a higher pitched wheel. If my little ProMax SS was turning my 30" chopper to the limiter with ease to 96.2 gps, I know there is more, but I'll never see it. I haven't run the Chopper in 15 years and have no reason to. The days of running like that are gone for me. Last time I looked, there were not any Zodiac's with rescue divers and scuba gear anywhere to be seen - not like the drags in OBDA. Will, be careful taking our comments and advice........water doesn't give you much room for error. At 83 mph, if I remember correctly is more than 100 feet per second and generates almost 120 psi on every square inch of your body. It's like concrete! Gordon

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2004_0107BoatDesign0001.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	400.9 KB 
ID:	421412

4. Thanks Will hedrick thanked for this post
    Likes Will hedrick liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I woke up this morning and did the math......83 mph is 121 feet per second (5280x83/60/60) and 100 mph is 146 feet per second. Hit a submerged bouy, a 6" log, break a skeg or throw a blade and things get ugly in less than a second. Scream & Fly, just be safe and pick your water carefully.

6. Thanks Will hedrick thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon02 View Post
    I woke up this morning and did the math......83 mph is 121 feet per second (5280x83/60/60) and 100 mph is 146 feet per second. Hit a submerged bouy, a 6" log, break a skeg or throw a blade and things get ugly in less than a second. Scream & Fly, just be safe and pick your water carefully.
    Thank you all for such valuable info. I will work on my setup, at some point this year I will strip the 02 down and try to make some fps passes AnD see where I'm at
    I know weight plays a big factor with balance. When I get the spread sheet I'll post it. Would love to plug it up to a computer and see the specs on it but i don't know anyone with a program

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3