Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2.4 efi question

I bought an engine that was an efi engine but unfortunately I didn’t know what I was buying and he put carbs on it, therefore engine won’t run right. I’m looking for an efi complete setup for a 2.4 225 merc. Thank you

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Because it has carbs on it isn't why it doesn't run right. Maybe because it was not properly converted to carbs...

What carbs are on it? There should be a "WH-xx" visible on the top of the top carb by the flange where it bolts to the intake.

It's going to need a full set-up if you switch it back to injection (timing, lync and sync, etc). That may be all it takes to get the carb setup running right.

Those early laser injection setups are all pretty long in tooth at this point and some of the parts are hard to replace now days. The only viable solution to keep them running long term is a Brucato ACU which is expensive. A great product and well worth the money but more money than most are willing to spend on an old 2.4!

Of course after you go through a few TPS sensors on the Laser setup you could have gone Brucato. If you're really unlucky and a bad computer burns down your powerhead you will REALLY wish you had gone Brucato...
    Josh Peterson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you text or call me at 863 244 1778. See to have a lot more knowledge about this than me thank you

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nitro_rat View Post
    Because it has carbs on it isn't why it doesn't run right. Maybe because it was not properly converted to carbs...

What carbs are on it? There should be a "WH-xx" visible on the top of the top carb by the flange where it bolts to the intake.

It's going to need a full set-up if you switch it back to injection (timing, lync and sync, etc). That may be all it takes to get the carb setup running right.

Those early laser injection setups are all pretty long in tooth at this point and some of the parts are hard to replace now days. The only viable solution to keep them running long term is a Brucato ACU which is expensive. A great product and well worth the money but more money than most are willing to spend on an old 2.4!

Of course after you go through a few TPS sensors on the Laser setup you could have gone Brucato. If you're really unlucky and a bad computer burns down your powerhead you will REALLY wish you had gone Brucato...
    Bang on info,should be wh 20/22's on a 2.4 225 ? or 15's ?