User Tag List

Wentzville.MO 40 "miles west of St Louis"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New truck rust proofing

Bought a brand new 2018 truck and wanting to rust proof up inside of the pannles. And have never done it before. I had a 1985 Chevy that was Zebart rust proofed and it didnt have a bit of rust on it when i got rid of it in 2002. I bought 4 cans of this 3M cavity wax and the application straws to get way up into the jams and rockers etc.
    NOT taking it to a shop to have it done so lets not go there. Doing this here myself . But looking for tips and advice from Ya'll that have experience in doing this and where exactly to drill the holes and how best to shoot this stuff into the rite places. Truck is a 2018 Ram Crew Cab.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_2018-08-19-19-25-44.png   20180804_185916.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've tried a lot of different products and realized the ones that work best are oil based that rinse through the panel seams. Its messy and ugly needing frequent washes but once per year I get mine soaked and it seems to be working well. I did Zebart once too, didnt seem to make much difference on the long haul because the moisture eventually gets underneath it and then its worse than nothing. Where the oil sort of washes through and does not stick for over a year. A good friend of mine bought a 96 GMC ex cab 1500 new and oil sprayed it every year and it held up great for the 15 years he owned it. The holes are usually drilled in the rockers fore and aft as well as the rear lower doors and the rest can be coated without holes
    Hydrostream dreamin

3. Thanks roadkill636 thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You bought the wrong brand of truck if your goal is the body to not rot. Heh Heh Heh. (Chevy guy here).

Jk - Anyway, I don't have any value added here... besides taking a few gallons of axle grease, and smear it over the entire frame, suspension, and everything else under the truck. That'll do the trick ! Helped a friend remove all that stuff off a guys once. What a mess! But, nothing was rusted. Just covered in GUNK!

5. Likes roadkill636 liked this post