Hey Guys,

I have a 1999 2.5L merc 280 and had some spark plug issues this past weekend (or so I suspect). Recently I took the boat to a reputable shop in the Phoenix area to have him go through the motor with me and do a compression test, hook it up to the computer... basically give the blessing on my motor. Never had an issue with it before but just wanted some piece of mind.

They had put fresh plugs in (ran great the first weekend after the service) but not some much last weekend. The boat would almost fall on its face as it was loaded up and couldn't clear out. I took the plugs out and they were soaked. Called the dude to find out his son put the incorrect plugs in the boat. I had some BUH8's in the garage that I took out of my old boat a year ago.. cleaned them up and was able to run the boat.

Still ran not up to par as the plugs were acting fouled and decided to get towed back in just incase it was something other than that.

Any suggestions?? I have been told NGK BUHW plugs are what that motor calls out for... but if anyone has other input I would like to hear.

Also thinking about getting my injectors cleaned and flow tested for cheap insurance... just for safe keeping as well.

I run a half av-gas/91 octane mix with Mercury Premium Plus oil at 32:1....

Any help is appreciated!!

Thanks guys.

-Brooks