0 Thread(s)

Garmin 8212, Smartcraft gateway only recognize one engine

OK, here is the setup:
    Twin 300xs (2010 models)
    Merc 896537T20 harnesses
    4 way junction box
    Smartcraft multi engine gateway
    Garmin 8212.

So, the Garmin 8212 will only recognize one engine. I can see in the log, that it has access to both engines (The Garmin is alerting me to check engine. I checked the codes and the fault is the break in code, so that the engine double oils for a couple of hours. These engines were in storage for a couple of years). Anyway, in those alerts, I can see that the port engine has 147 hrs, and in a separate alert, the stbd has 149 hours. When I start either engine, or both, the Garmin will display the stats from the first engine that was started. On the Garmin unit, it was on auto select for # of engines, and I manually selected 2. Auto select only selects one engine. In the engine selection drop down, the only possible selection is engine 1. Starting both engines and running them together, doesnt fix the problem.

Only other odd thing I noticed, is that when I switch either engine on , I get the warning horn (as it should), one beep, when I turn the key for the next engine, I get no beep. So, only the first key turned gets the warning beep (maybe that is normal?), but either will give the beep if turned on first (so no issue with the engines). Both start and idle like champs.

The motor harnesses are plugged into a 4 way jxn box, via their gauge plugs. The multi engine gateway also is plugged into the junction box. There is a terminator plug in the free port of the jxn box. Both gateway lights are green with the ignition on.
    Any help appreciated.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, the fix here was to use Rinda program to assign a port position to the port engine. They (merc) assign all to starboard from the factory. End of that issue.
    Now, I have the harness for the oil/paddle, and thought I had it wired up correctly, but the garmin doesnt seem to be getting any info from the fuel tank senders.