Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ya UPS sucks and i we learned our lesson the hard way to over insure for that little cost more as they SUCK!! parcel ended up getting hear 4 months later some how so all was well but unfortunately it didnt help what may have been a friendship. Never had many issues with USPS or FEDEX is the best buy a mile!!

3. Likes Jimboat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You do not need insurance for a lost package claim. Here is the process from UPS website. Have you already started this?

Lost Package Claims Process

Lost Packages

If a package is not delivered, UPS can help by performing a search to locate your package. If the package cannot be found, the shipper can file a claim up to the declared value of the package contents.
    The steps in a lost package claim are as follows:

1. Lost Package Reported

Shippers are encouraged to report the lost package because notification letters are not sent to receivers. Shippers and receivers can report a lost package on ups.com.
    In order to be considered lost, a package must be undelivered 24 hours after the expected delivery date and time. A report cannot be made until then. Please allow additional time when a package is delayed due to adverse weather.
    Once you report a lost package, you can check the status of your report online. Contact UPS if you have any questions or concerns.
    Note: Loss can only be reported online for packages that have an origination and destination within the United States. To report loss for international packages, contact UPS.
    Report a Lost PackageOpen the link in a new window
    Check Claim StatusOpen the link in a new window
    Contact UPSOpen the link in a new window
    Claims/Damages/Losses FAQ

2. UPS Package Search

Lost Packages

If a package is not delivered, UPS can help by performing a search to locate your package. If the package cannot be found, the shipper can file a claim up to the declared value of the package contents.
    The steps in a lost package claim are as follows:

1. Lost Package Reported

Shippers are encouraged to report the lost package because notification letters are not sent to receivers. Shippers and receivers can report a lost package on ups.com.
    In order to be considered lost, a package must be undelivered 24 hours after the expected delivery date and time. A report cannot be made until then. Please allow additional time when a package is delayed due to adverse weather.
    Once you report a lost package, you can check the status of your report online. Contact UPS if you have any questions or concerns.
    Note: Loss can only be reported online for packages that have an origination and destination within the United States. To report loss for international packages, contact UPS.
    Report a Lost PackageOpen the link in a new window
    Check Claim StatusOpen the link in a new window
    Contact UPSOpen the link in a new window
    Claims/Damages/Losses FAQ

2. UPS Package Search

UPS will conduct a complete investigation to locate the package. The investigation may include a search of our shipping system and operation centers, or calls to recipients or shippers.
    The UPS search process usually takes seven to 10 business days.

3. Claim Authorized

• If UPS is unable to locate the missing package, a Damage/Loss Notification claim letter will be emailed, faxed or mailed to the shipper; UPS will not send claim letters to a receiver
    • If UPS locates the package, the claim will not be approved, delivery information will be sent to the shipper of record, and the reporting process will end

4. UPS Reviews Documents

It is essential that the shipper supplies UPS with documentation that shows the lesser of the actual purchase cost or replacement cost, up to the declared value, as requested in the Damage/Loss Notification claim letter. Requested documentation may include original invoices, purchase orders, proof of shipment, or other information required by UPS.
    UPS will:

• Determine what, if any, value was declared for the contents of the package
    • Verify that the product falls within the guidelines of the UPS terms or contract with the shipper

UPS mailing address and fax number information are provided in the Damage/Loss Notification claim letter. Instructions are also provided on how to submit your documentation to UPS online.

5. Claim Paid

Once a claim has been approved, the payment will be processed. UPS will pay the lesser of purchase or replacement costs, up to the declared value. Typically, claim checks are mailed to the shipper's billing address on file three to five business days after UPS receives the required documentation.
    In the event the claim is not approved for payment, UPS will contact the shipper.
    Note: All claims are subject to the terms of the UPS Tariff/Terms and Conditions of Service.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank for the info, has been reported and a file done, unfortunately the insurance was failed to put on my package, we were arguing over a 18$ extra charge because it wasn't cardboard, lessened learned, now I got save for a new lower

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Copy that. I hate that for you, its just not right. Just fyi I had a powerhead "lost" by a shipping company. No one would take responsibility and just wanted to point fingers at me because I did not take out insurance. So they wanted to pay me .65 cents per pound. I called the place I shipped it from and told them their practice of .65 cents per pound was just a license to steal. I said since it was shipped across state lines that makes it a federal issue to which I would be contacting authorities. Also I would be contacting the local news agencies to come speak with them about their illegal business practices. And the response was "your going to call the news?"...I had a check for the full amount in my buyers hand in five days. Make it their problem, not yours.

7. Thanks NICE PAIR thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're still wanting a description of the lower unit, so I sent pics, hell its lost in south Louisiana everybody know what a lower unit looks like, they dragging around

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they lost a lower i shipped once, they found it month or so later completely destroyed no longer in my crate. had it insured for 3k but they would not cover it because it was in my packaging. they would only refund the shipping cost......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't even wrap my head around things like this,with tracking,time stamping,employee sign offs/logging and cameras...how can these things happen with such large/heavy parcels.Yea ! We know what brown can do for you.Papa Pete,i am frustrated for you.
    Last edited by VooDooChild 1267; 07-31-2018 at 11:21 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well if they dont find it and wont pay I'll be up their ass with a news crew so they can explain their ****ty practices

12. Likes VooDooChild 1267, NICE PAIR liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you have a tracking number you should be able to track its last known location then contact that location & have them do a search or investigation. It might be held up for suspected drug or contraband investigation
    Smith Bend Senior Citizen & proud of it.
    88 Cobra Stick steer boat, 88 50 hp Merc Sold
    94 Mirage River Rocket (completely re built by Mirage in 08) 96 JSRE 260 Merc. Sold
    2012 Glasstream Flats Flite 90 hp Optimax piece of CRAP Bad Mistake! Thank God It's Gone!
    1991 20 CC Bullet 2.5 Merc
    2021 Mirage Flyn Fliver 25 hp Merc
    The road to life is long & rocky so remember you gonna need to take plenty of beer!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allaction View Post
    That’s probably the reason, it’s to much work to move it. Millennials smh

Probably an old man who can't lift 50 lbs anymore, too much work to move it...smh

see how stupid generalizations are?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ups doesn't give out distributions hub phone numbers for obvious reasons. Lol

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by altec7777 View Post
    Probably an old man who can't lift 50 lbs anymore, too much work to move it...smh

see how stupid generalizations are?
    Apparently you don’t know anything about ups.

1983 hydrostream viper
    150 merc

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And here is where it all goes sideways....Always one in the bunch that cares more about there view/point with no regard to the poor guy who lost a big $ item.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take a 1000 50 year olds
    And 1000 millennials
    See which you get more work out of.

Like was mentioned start making some noise about it..
    Couple people I know that work at ups said if people dont argue about it they just don't bother.
    But if they become a pain in their ass they miraculously
    Find the package or make good on it..really not the way it should be but..
    LETS GO BRANDON.... LETS GO BRANDON

Sometimes I talk to myself...then we both just laugh and laugh

'84 Checkmate Convincor

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast