Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Buyer Beware!!!! Got Screwed!!!

Hello there fellow members, I recently purchased a complete 2.5 200xs from craaazzycanuk aka Philip Ilchuk from Kingsport Tennessee. Had him take engine to his local shop which happened to be boat doctors in Bristol Tennessee. Test camp back good at 125 in all 6. After receiving motor and working here and there to remove my old engine and rerigging my boat I had the computer scanned for codes @ Chris Carson marine service. engine had guardian codes for block pressure on initial start up. Went ahead and changed waterpump and popit valve. Test ran again on hose to find hoses from thermostats to be dumping water into lower skirt. After removing lower skirt come to find hoses weren’t connected to a t and dumping into mid Like they were suppose to. Inspected thermostats and found that they were gutted. I tried reaching out to Philip with no answer, at this point I was concerned that I had been screwed. Pulled plugs which were fouled out like no other plug I had ever come across. Performed a compression test and 1-5 were at 130 and #6 hs zero pounds. So at this point I paid 4500 for a blow up motor which was checked out by his local shop which I spoke to, along with his word that this motor was turnkey ready to scream with no issue. So buyers beware. Will Keep everyone posted but so far no response from him or any answer from the shop I spoke to. Luckily I am good friends with Chris Carson and can get this fixied but it’s sad that there is people on this page that go through the trouble to sell you something that seems legit but ends up being totally oppeset. I hope he comes to his sense and will pay for rebuild.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you look up shop number the guy gave you to verify if it was really a business number? Some people will have a partner help pull off the scam. You may have been calling someone in the same room as seller.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I called and ask for technician that was written on work order, and was told he was unavailable, and spoke to someone that remembered the motor coming in to the shop. I was given the run around about it and no one could confirm the test or work order I was given. I will be following up with them on Monday again to get answers. But at this point I’m ready for a road trip so they can put a face to my name.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a feeling the tech was to lazy pull the #6 plug out because it is kinda a pain in the ass with the alien cowl lower pan. He probably assumed it was ok like the rest of cylinders. But come to find out it has zero pounds. I had to check it twice and was in shock and even tried another gauge. Luckily I have a lot of the buyers info to locate him if he refuse to return my calls to locate him if a road trip is acurried. It’s amazing how someone can can seem so standupish and a man of his word on things throughout the transaction But when the time comes that you tell them hey man finally got motor on boat and ran some diagnostic on it and found etc and come to find out you lied about certain things pertaining to motor to be false and you don’t return my texts and you don’t answer my calls anymore and forward me to your voicemail just leads me to that he knew this all along and either had help along the way or a mistake was made by tech. Not a happy camper, couldn’t have thought of any other ways to assure what I was getting. The shop it was taking to is a reputable shop. With all this being said I hope you come clean on this deal Craaazzycanuk. Tennessee’s s little drive from south Florida but I would hesitate to drive up there to get answers or try to get compensation to make things right!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope u used PayPal for this transaction.

His ad for motor had couple red flags that would have had me thinking twice about buying
    A member from 2015 only 9 replies tells me he doesn't interact with site much for other members to know about him. Also he didn't know anything about the motor he was selling one asked if it's an efi he replied yes. On less u have paperwork to prove he sold a working motor and shop that tested motor saying motor 100% ok you would be wasting time to drive to Tennessee

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "you would be wasting time to drive to Tennessee" HEY - Tennessee is wonderful this tme of year- come on down ya'll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything will come back to him full circle, karmas a bitch! I wouldn’t trust anyone out of boat doctors in Bristol Tennessee either.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I worked on a 2.5 that had no #psi and it came down to a grove in the head surface that caused the head O ring to melt and no #s. Is the piston melted?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven’t tore motor down yet, hopefully tomorrow I will be able to pull it off and start disassemble it. I’m working today and gonna bring my camera scope home and take a peek before pulling apart. Either way gonna do a complete rebuild and have a fresh motor.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sounds like you got screwed. The guy may just not have known better and the shop was too lazy to do the test properly. Guy got results from shop and thought it was legit. Just playing devil’s advocate...

I’ve always had good luck with the classifieds here, I usually deal with “known” members with high post counts who I am familiar with. I’m always skeptical if those with low post counts in the classifieds, most may not be scammers but they’re not really members of the “community” either!
    Josh Peterson

11. Likes roadkill636 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven’t tore motor down yet, hopefully tomorrow I will be able to pull it off and start disassemble it. I’m working today and gonna bring my camera scope home and take a peek before pulling apart. Either way gonna do a complete rebuild and have a fresh motor.

Wentzville.MO 40 "miles west of St Louis"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notro. I agree with ya on sending the mota to a shop to get checked out and reporting what the shop said.

His only posts here is only to sell the mota. So that tells me that hes here only to make money.
    Last edited by roadkill636; 06-23-2018 at 12:40 PM.

14. Likes nitro_rat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I you paid the shop for the test, shop is on the hook to you legally. If he paid, on the hook morally but probably not legally.
    Per Rock:

"Once I bought my first Hydrostream boating changed forever for me."

Per my hero Instigator:

"I try not to let common sense interfere w/my boat buying decisions."

Pat Gent
    cell 954-249-3246
    '78 Hydrostream Vandal (being rebuilt)
    '86 21' Eliminator Daytona, 300 OMC V-8 (Li'l Toy III)

16. Likes davemvegas liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man i hate to hear stories like this, cant believe people do stuff like this and sleep at night..Also any good mechanic wouldn't even need a compression gage to know if it had a dead cyl, a few turns with the starter and a good ear will tell u it has a dead spot right waway.. guess the guys not a mechanic....... Dave

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't ever rely on comp test a leak down is a real world test on the condition of rings. I have seen 120 psi with failing leak down numbers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast