Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flushing problem....out of the box reason............

So, did service on my friends' twin opti 225's 3 weeks before Memorial day weekend, ran it hard in the Everglades and all was good. The next week, we ran it from Ft Lauderdale down to his place in Tavernier and it ran great all the way there, good water pressure etc,,,,,,, we go to flush it when we put it on the davits and one engine would not pee..... checked the compressor and filter... all good. I mentioned to him at the time the water pressure at the garden hose didn't seem right, but he said it looked normal to him. So, Memorial day weekend, he uses the boat.... all good then when he picks it up and flushes it, the other motor won't pee the the first one would... so, I gather everything.... poppet valves, thermostats, the works and go down there with him the following week.... change everything out, still having trouble getting both engines to pee constantly on the flusher. I said to him again, seems to me the pressure on the garden hose is off a bit, we let the hose free-flow, but it looks ok....... 2 weeks later, he tells me he gets his water bill..... now, he has not been down there since Irma and he always turns off the water to the house. So he used the water for three weekends ( 7 days) and gets a water bill for over $600.

Pipe from the house to the dock got cut during Irma............. gotta think outside the box sometimes...............
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors". Plato .

2. Likes NICE PAIR, Glasstream15 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I work for the water company down here. That happened like crazy after the storm. Have him call the customer service number on his bill and they should release those charges.

'95 STV "The Blue Goose"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, he already did that.... they even told him he was using 6 gal per minute while he was there..... about 60,000 gallons!

and we never saw any wet areas.... it all went straight down and out.............
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors". Plato .

5. Likes Glasstream15 liked this post