Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Great News! Screaming Eagle and newly formed Talon Powerboats LLC

I will be posting more updates soon. Feel free to ask questions on here or email us. This is going to be great addition to the powerboat community. Thank you Todd Lamb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes! Great people and great boats. What more can we ask for

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Exclamation

great news CONGRATS BUDDY
    Last edited by Frank Molé; 06-22-2018 at 03:10 PM.
    TRANSPORT SERVICE...UP TO 36 FEET....YOUR TRAILER OR MINE... FULLY INSURED...............
    DOT & CDL COMPLIANT $500,000.00 CARGO & 1 MILLION LIABILITY.

LIVE LIFE ON THE EDGE, LESS CROWED BETTER VIEW
    ...............2022 3500 HD SILVERADO DUALLY 6.6 TURBO. 8 FT BED...LETS PULL IT.................

http://www.frankmoletransport.com/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read another post of this with a little more detail. If i understand deal correctly. The Anderson's bought the molds and all related tooling, Also they are the owner of Talon name. Reading farther stated that Screaming Eagle Boats is contracted to build and rig Talon boats. ( Anderson's have made a great choice contracting you to build Talon boats) But as monetary issue will this deal not drastically raise the cost of a Talon 22xl? Looks to me like the only change in buying a Talon boat is the fact of more people eating the same pie. Screaming Eagle Boats still has to get paid for materials and labor. looks as if Talon power boats is the retail buyer when it leaves Todd. Scribble out the price and add 5K over cost and park it at Talon lot for sale?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davemvegas View Post
    I read another post of this with a little more detail. If i understand deal correctly. The Anderson's bought the molds and all related tooling, Also they are the owner of Talon name. Reading farther stated that Screaming Eagle Boats is contracted to build and rig Talon boats. ( Anderson's have made a great choice contracting you to build Talon boats) But as monetary issue will this deal not drastically raise the cost of a Talon 22xl? Looks to me like the only change in buying a Talon boat is the fact of more people eating the same pie. Screaming Eagle Boats still has to get paid for materials and labor. looks as if Talon power boats is the retail buyer when it leaves Todd. Scribble out the price and add 5K over cost and park it at Talon lot for sale?
    Dave, very good question and concern. The pricing will stay the same and here is how. Dean / Talon Powerboats, LLC. has contracted with us to build so many Talons for the next 3 years. That allows us to do more bulk buying, CNC's cut materials (which saves on labor), a designated crew for just the Talon models and the best thing about Dean is he is not in this for the money. He is a hi performance boat lover and his other business's are giving him the freedom to chase this dream. This also takes me more out of the office (which I hate anyways ) and lets me stay in the back with production. Dean will be handling all the sales and marketing for the Talon models. He also has a lot of different finance companies in the works and will be able to offer new boat financing. Hope that answers your questions. Thanks Todd

6. Likes Frank Molé, davemvegas, tom kennedy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My concern is because i see a Talon 22xl in my garage at some point. Just glad to see that it is not getting farther out of reach then it is right now.

8. Likes Spectre Powerboats liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great to see you staying a part of the Talon future Todd.

Look forward to more info about the 23R and 26X models.
    I CAN ALWAYS MAKE ANOTHER DOLLAR, BUT I CANNOT MAKE ANOTHER DAY

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Great to see you staying a part of the Talon future Todd.

Look forward to more info about the 23R and 26X models.

Thank you! The Talon 23R is an updated Talon 22XL, but with a few new twist to it. It will not look so inboard-ish (I know, not a word), new dash design, new deck design, new liner and some cool mods to the hull. Right now the focus is to have the Talon 23 R ready for the big single engine power when it comes out and available for twin 300R power now. The first Talon 23R will hit the water in August. For the time being, it will be powered by twin 300xs (which we already have here) so we can get a baseline to compare the 300R's to. I am very excited about this updated hull. I will post some more pictures of the different Talon projects here soon. Thanks Todd

11. Thanks Frank Molé thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted to take a moment to jump in here to share just how excited I am (and we are at Talon Powerboats) about this venture, and the opportunity to play a role in the powerboat community... in addition to being an enthusiast. As a repeat buyer/consumer of the Talon brand which I love, coupled with the opportunity and honor to work hand in hand with one of the absolute finest craftsmen in the business (and genuine people in Todd/Karen)...I am tremendously excited to help bring the next generation of Talon to the powerboat market.

Thanks Marks86 and Frank and AZMIDLYF...and as Todd already and nicely described, the 23R is getting some really nice tweaks. Be looking for the twin version to hit the water in the September timeframe...which we are stoked about(with XS's), along with the integration of the new 300R platform on models later this year. With regard to the brand new 26X, we are putting finishing touches on design/molds now...and is going to be amazing. Will have options for twin 300R or 400R's... and you could see a high performance center console version of it in the future.

Davemvegas - Thank you as well mate for the comments...and your 1000% right. Regardless of industry, nobody wants to see "margin stacking", or a price increases that brings along no value, innovation, quality or differentiation with it. Rest assured...that is not in our blueprint. Talon Powerboats will have a nice range of models/options which will hit our enthusiast/customers demands and price points...without ever sacrificing top tier quality (Todd and I discussed this ALOT). Naturally, shifts or additions to new/better products (the new Mercury Racing 250R and 300R are perfect examples) will introduce some upticks in price. However, I am tremendously confident that Talon Powerboats and our line will CONTINUE to be value priced...in relation to the rest of the market...and we have to stay in the sweet spot. I look forward to the opportunity to earn your business when time is right for you...call us anytime.

Please stay tuned for more details...and check out the Talon Powerboats Facebook page, and website at http://www.talon-powerboats.com, which we are still tweaking.

Dean @ Talon-Powerboats.

13. Thanks Frank Molé, mjw930 thanked for this post
    Likes davemvegas, Frank Molé liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats ! Having owned a Talon 22 and Spectre 30, all I can say are both are wonderful !!!

“Davemvegas” - try to be positive - life is short

MDS

15. Likes davemvegas, Frank Molé liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well hurry up and quit typing . I'm on my fifth Talon . I've owned an 18 , two 22's and a 25 Talon . I currently run a 22 io and can't wait to see what you have for the future. hf...

17. Likes Frank Molé liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Todd and Dean,
    Having grown up in the world of affordable Checkmates, Bajas, ‘streams, and such I applaud a builder of sub-Cigarette/DW/NorTech type boats stepping up. Yes, they aren’t cheap but at least a less expensive option to the higher end boats and an easier path than restoring an older boat.
    Todd, your transparency in your build updates is refreshing. I wish you both the best.
    18 Talon/2.4 carb SOLD
    26 Deck Boat/250 Merc

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon-Powerboats View Post
    I wanted to take a moment to jump in here to share just how excited I am (and we are at Talon Powerboats) about this venture, and the opportunity to play a role in the powerboat community... in addition to being an enthusiast. As a repeat buyer/consumer of the Talon brand which I love, coupled with the opportunity and honor to work hand in hand with one of the absolute finest craftsmen in the business (and genuine people in Todd/Karen)...I am tremendously excited to help bring the next generation of Talon to the powerboat market.

Thanks Marks86 and Frank and AZMIDLYF...and as Todd already and nicely described, the 23R is getting some really nice tweaks. Be looking for the twin version to hit the water in the September timeframe...which we are stoked about(with XS's), along with the integration of the new 300R platform on models later this year. With regard to the brand new 26X, we are putting finishing touches on design/molds now...and is going to be amazing. Will have options for twin 300R or 400R's... and you could see a high performance center console version of it in the future.

Davemvegas - Thank you as well mate for the comments...and your 1000% right. Regardless of industry, nobody wants to see "margin stacking", or a price increases that brings along no value, innovation, quality or differentiation with it. Rest assured...that is not in our blueprint. Talon Powerboats will have a nice range of models/options which will hit our enthusiast/customers demands and price points...without ever sacrificing top tier quality (Todd and I discussed this ALOT). Naturally, shifts or additions to new/better products (the new Mercury Racing 250R and 300R are perfect examples) will introduce some upticks in price. However, I am tremendously confident that Talon Powerboats and our line will CONTINUE to be value priced...in relation to the rest of the market...and we have to stay in the sweet spot. I look forward to the opportunity to earn your business when time is right for you...call us anytime.

Please stay tuned for more details...and check out the Talon Powerboats Facebook page, and website at http://www.talon-powerboats.com, which we are still tweaking.

Dean @ Talon-Powerboats.
    Good to hear what your up to Dean! Will be watching for the new models coming out. I was impressed when I visited SE and met Todd and Karen also. Will be fun to see what your team can do. Steve - Lake Norman

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon-Powerboats View Post

Dean @ Talon-Powerboats.
    I think Gary Armington would be proud!
    J-Town Hot Boat Team
    Barracuda 188CCR/Suzuki 140

Past Boats:
    Checkmate 2800SX/Twin Merc 250’s
    Checkmate Pulsare 2400/Verado 300
    Checkmate Starflite/Merc Pro XB250
    Canadian Edition Hydrostream AE-21/Merc 2.5
    Checkmate Pulsare 2100/Merc 225Xri
    Hydrostream Valero YT Bowrider/Merc 175
    Talon T-21/Mercury Racing 2.5 Carb