Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markus View Post
    If anyone is interested in what was actually going on, and how complicated the problem is, this is a good read

https://www.vox.com/2018/6/11/174431...arated-parents
    Nothing I didn't already know. From a liberal website with a definite spin to cast President Trump in a bad light. But it was passed under Bill Clinton back in 1996. The "cages" everyone refers to were built during the Obama regime.

Where is MSM's outrage that this was passed under Clinton, ignored by Bush, and accelerated under Obama?

If you really care to know what is actually (has been) going on, the liberal media is NOT the place to go.
    Last edited by Forkin' Crazy; 06-24-2018 at 12:08 PM.

2. Likes mrichartz, David - WI, rock liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SCT View Post
    Don't drag your kids across a hot dangerous desert, illegally cross into another country and then you won't have to worry about being separated from your kids......problem solved.
    Compared to life in Central America, illegally crossing a few countries, risking being robbed, raped and maimed along the way, is a risk worth taking for thousands of people every year.

Whether or not you are separated from your kids if something goes wrong at the very last step on the long path to the beacon of hope and dreams that is America, probably does not make a big difference.
    Markus' Performance Boating Links:
    www.toastedmarshmallow.com/performance

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So from starting point of the journey and leading to the start and planning of such a trek which isn't done without some preparation to insure it's success probably months, not one chance to initiate the proper process of immigration in a US consulate? Does this first step to insure entry pose a risk to a successful process and journey?
    I could draw similarities to mass exodus of eastern European territories at the end of the WW2 when Russian troops and occupation and annexed countries force millions to flee west and to Canada and US. Without proper procedure you couldn't even get on a ship to get here and when you arrived nothing was given to you. In most cases if a couple with children were to enter the husband did the journey first to succeed in his employment which was part of the entry requirements, then after being here for a time and establishing accommodation and a footing the wife and kids were brought over.
    Put that on a protest sign if you think things are tough now.

5. Likes Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Markus, I'm as compassionate as the next person but at some point we have to take care of our own country and citizens. The US cannot have an open border policy (like a lot of liberals in this country want...) and take care of the rest of central and South Americans. I'm sorry. We need to do what's best for us. Maybe these folks should try to better their own countries or come to the USA the proper way and stand in line and apply for citizenship. All these illegals are doing is taking advantage of our graciousness and it pisses me off. And top that off with, if you say anything negative about ILLEGAL immigration, you are labeled a racist by the media and the far left.

By by the way, Sweden has its own problems. Used to stay in Malmo on business before it became the 'grenade attack' capital of the EU.

7. Likes Forkin' Crazy, CDave liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can't save the world. We are sacrificing too much anyway. All of these people entering our country are not good people. MS 13, etc and most are unskilled and uneducated. That means welfare. 80% of the ME "refugees" are on welfare. No idea on the illegals from SA. But if they can get a drivers license in Cali, you can bet they can sign up for benefits as well.

I saw an interview with and an ILLEGAL ALIEN woman that brought her 3 children with her. She left because of oppression and her brother was murdered. Oppressed and she was 75 pounds over weight. They didn't even question her about the babies father. and of course she did volunteer any info either. You think she is going to work and make enough to support her three children?

Thank God for Trump and now we have other sources for news so we don't have to rely on MSM and their fake news!

9. Likes CDave liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CUDA View Post
    Where their is will, their WAY .
    Quote Originally Posted by Forkin' Crazy View Post
    So you are for open borders?
    By the deafening sound of crickets, I take that as a "yes".

11. Likes Capt.Insane-o liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody has said anything about the cost of coming here illegally. Seems to me, if you are smuggled here, it will cost thousands, if you terk hundreds of miles across a dangerous country with your kids, it will cost thousands....... to me, it's better to go to the US Embassy and apply for asylum legally then jump on a plane and come here when you are granted............ Most of the ones who cross illegally and get caught are going to be deported and told they are not allowed to try to come back for ten years....... The groups that encourage these people to come to the border an lie their way in (think of the caravan that come here every year) are doing these people no favor, they are only making it worse for them. Hopefully the zero tolerance policy will deter these people from crossing illegally or lying on their asylum claims...........
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors". Plato .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No easy answer, It's much harder to get her legally than you think , I had a employee for 15 years that had a drivers license , then they took it away years ago because of paper work issue ... I paid him( and two of his sons ) on the books , He had four kids born here , US citizens, to see their mother they had to go back to Guatemala , the system is screwed .

If you folks would quit buying drugs ... would be a lot less problems
    We have invented the world; WE see

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cuda, was your employee here illegally? If so, you are the problem.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tell me if he had a drivers license and was paid on the books , how was he illegally ? I use a payroll company . You folk like to make up your own stories with no knowledge .
    There are so many things involve in the immigration story you have no idea , what I heard was he moved and did not get his mail forwarded , when your here on EDA you have requirements that must be fulfilled one misstep and your screwed.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a general contractor I do not and will not hire illegals. Why should I. I'll ask flat out if your illegal and if a company sends a bunch of "roofers" out. I contact the company and find out, usually it's quite obvious if they are illegal. Doesn't take too much common sense to figure it out if they are illegal. No room for federal law breaking illegals that use fake id's and ssn's. They should go where their wanted. Funny thing is the legal construction workers don't mind one bit proving their immigration status, go figure.
    If I don't ask any questions, I'll never learn anything.

17. Likes Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tell me if he had a drivers license and was paid on the books , how was he illegally ? I use a payroll company . You folk like to make up your own stories with no knowledge .
    There are so many things involve in the immigration story you have no idea , what I heard was he moved and did not get his mail forwarded , when your here on EDA you have requirements that must be fulfilled one misstep and your screwed.
    North Carolina has been issuing DL to illegals for years.
    -----------------------
    93 STV Mod VP/MERC 2.5 200
    -----
    The Bible is life's instruction manual.

Proverbs 4:18-20

" For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
    -- John F. Kennedy 1962

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Naples is in Florida, I had a employee from Bolivia on the EDA program , He had the money saved to do his extension , his Mother died , he used the money to fly back for her funeral , was not able to return because he missed the date . What a heartless system.
    Last edited by CUDA; 06-25-2018 at 04:18 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Naples is in Florida, I had a employee from Bolivia on the EDA program , He had the money saved to do his extension , his Mother died , he used the money to fly back for her funeral , was not able to return because he missed the date . What a heartless system.
    Wow, that is terrible. I was all set to buy my mother a new car, the first in her life at 68 years of age. The extra and excessive costs of the affordable health care stuff put that idea to bed for me. Sometimes life throws you curve balls. Roll with the punches and don't complain, nobody cares.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your right NOBODY CARES

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast