Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know how to get rid of fiberglass from clothes and a bedroom??

Does anyone know how to get rid of fiberglass from clothes and a bedroom?? Specifically mattress glass fiber.

I'm asking specifically on this website since it mentions the word 'fiberglass' so i'm hoping someone might have some knowledge on what to do in this situation.

My best friend and her boyfriend from America had a mattress that spread fiberglass all over their room and the walls, the curtains, their clothes, the TV, everything got effected. They've also been breathing it in which doesn't help. They've been cleaning/washing it all day and it just keeps multiplying and they're really upset so if ANY help i would really appreciate some suggestions on ways to help them out!

Also if this isn't the best place to ask such a question i'd appreciate some suggestions on places that might be able to help out.

Thanks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to Scream and Fly Joe. Weird to hear that a mattress was manufactured with fiberglass(?) Is this what you are saying? That the mattress is the source of the glass fibers? If this is the case, you just need to first discard the source irritant...the mattress. Then simply vacuum everything whilst wearing a dust particle mask. Then take a cool shower for a minute, to keep your pores closed, and rinse off the fiberglass particulate dust, then to warm water with soap. Wash your clothes normally, or anything else that can be thrown in the washer easily. If its been a short term issue of contamination, it won't hurt you. No worries.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you have to use it, wrap it in some plastic and tape the seams closed. Talcum powder will help with the itching.

83 V-King, 96 Mariner, 200 hp ff block 2.5 w/a 28p choppa
    We gotta clean this liberal mess up, VOTE TRUMP TO MAGA!
    Rebuild thread:
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-it&highlight=
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...cs.&highlight=
    Videos

Wentzville.MO 40 "miles west of St Louis"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Odd tbread.

Now i want to use my 50" wide 20' long role of 1708 for a blanket

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How about fiberglass used as clothes?Glass fibers
    It’s hard to imagine glass in any form being envisioned for use in textiles, but thanks to our species’ never-ending pursuit of novel decorative effects to dazzle the eye, it was. It took many thousands of years, however, to refine the material into thin enough strands for textile use. A 1965 Review article, “Glass Filaments and Textiles,” explains that the ancient Egyptians created the first glass filaments around 1600 BC. They did so by drawing out rods of glass to about the thickness of a pencil, then re-heating them and thinning them out again into tiny filaments. As the Review notes, their contribution was seminal—not just to the refinement of glass but to synthetic fiber production itself: “Although coarse, these filaments are without a doubt to be regarded as the first synthetic fibres made by the hand of man.”
    In ancient times, glass filaments were used to decorate vases and other glass vessels. Venetian glassmakers of the 16th and 17thcenturies refined them even more, and by the early 18th century a French scientist named Réaumur had found a way to make glass filaments “finer than those of silk but… only very short.” They were intended for use in imitation heron feathers. One of the first uses of glass filaments as textile fibers is reported in 1842. Their production employed a mechanical spinneret—possibly the first use of this technology that later became “basic for all synthetic fibres,” according to the Review. By and large, however, their use was still limited to lace-work, ladies’ hats, lampshades, and wall coverings (though thanks to the already well known insulating properties of glass, they were also at this time being incorporated into garments used to treat rheumatism and gout).
    Produced in Paris in 1839, this imitation gold brocade used glass fibers to replicate the sheen of the real thing. From Ciba Review, 1963/5. ATHM Accn #2015.33.114

The first—and practically last—pieces of regular clothing to use glass fibers were created by a Toledo, Ohio, glassmaker named Edward Drummond Libbey. His famous glass dress, made for Georgia Cayvan, an American stage star, featured a silk warp and a glass thread weft. Shown at the 1893 Chicago World’s Fair, it created a brief worldwide sensation, though unsurprisingly it was too stiff and fragile to be wearable in everyday life.
    Edward Drummond Libbey’s temporarily world-famous glass-fiber dress and matching glass-fiber parasol. From Ciba Review, 1963/5.

Today, fiberglass is put to many industrial uses thanks to its insulative and other unique physical properties. The processes used to make glass fibers not only resulted in that innovation, but also were highly instrumental in the development of modern synthetic fiber manufacturing in general.

83 V-King, 96 Mariner, 200 hp ff block 2.5 w/a 28p choppa
    We gotta clean this liberal mess up, VOTE TRUMP TO MAGA!
    Rebuild thread:
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-it&highlight=
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...cs.&highlight=
    Videos

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have carpet in the room use one of those monster sized lint rollers (the masking tape type) they sell them in places like target or bed bath and beyond, or simply amazon.
    1976 Hydrostream Viper - 1500 Mercury I6
    1985 21' Hustler - 2.4 200 Merc
    1990 18' ArrowGlass CC 140 Johnson -SOLD
    1987 21' Seebold Eagle 150 Merc
    1990 15' Hydrostream Viper 150 Merc - SOLD
    1977 16' Checkmate Trimate II 140 Johnson - SOLD
    1969 13' Boston Whaler 40hp Merc - SOLD

Drive it like you stole it!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i had to look this up, sure enough there are tons of mattresses on the market made with fiberglass and search results of people with horror stories like this
    wow

8. Likes NICE PAIR liked this post