User Tag List

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CUDA View Post
    Ankle biters huh
    Yeah, that's what I said.
    If I don't ask any questions, I'll never learn anything.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1/4 mile at a time...
    I CAN ALWAYS MAKE ANOTHER DOLLAR, BUT I CANNOT MAKE ANOTHER DAY

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by CUDA
    Ankle biters huh

Quote Originally Posted by Krazymaan View Post
    Yeah, that's what I said.
    During the peak of your manic "episode" … Did ya bother ta slip the cuff on and get me a blood pressure reading ???

Cuda ,
    Chaz = thinkin he might have spiked a new record high to spew that one out ..

Now Kraze you say I cut down people's work and all this stuff . And how no one want's to post up what they do .
    Then here you go and concoct a whole nother BS story about changing plates and putting the flywheel back and fourth in the lathe to check the flywheels balance .
    Now would you like me to compromise my values and say Ohhh , good job man !
    Or would it just be better for me to say , even if you have a special chicken feather you hold between your teeth and set a glass of water on the machine , you still don't have a wand , load cell / strobe to finitely locate an imbalance , and by how much .

So while you might have played around and amused yourself for a while , you certainly didn't walk away with a finely balanced flywheel .

Does that make me a ( insert multiple derogatory slurs ) for knowing the difference … maybe .

But then on the other hand , instead of trying to BS me even further , you could have asked me and I would have been more than happy to send you a set of simple plans for a set of parallel plates and an arbor I made on my lathe . And then you would also be able to balance flywheels for around a $20 -$50 investment . Depending on how nice you chose to make it …
    Or the quick set up version that I went and bought 4 brand new bearings , snatched out the seals , washed the grease out of them mounted them on a set of plates .I use them for roughing in a wheel . Then let it walk the razorblades to get the last couple of grams off ..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This site has been a great help to me. It would have taken me way more time and money to figure out my old Merc were it not for the help of some guys on here. Personally I don't waste time on any social media other than this site. Time is getting more valuable to me as each year goes by and I'd rather spend it working on a project or fishing with the wife. I started out with 0 knowledge of outboard engines and very little about boats almost 2 years ago. The freinds I have that have boats are not mechanically inclined so I've been on my own to figure it all out. Ive gotten my fair share of snarky comments trying to learn things. I agree with a lot of the previous replies in there being a$$holes around to take the fun out of things. I visit here every morning as is my routine, always reading and trying to learn everything I can about my engine. Rock on S&F!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    [/I][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

During the peak of your manic "episode" … Did ya bother ta slip the cuff on and get me a blood pressure reading ???

Cuda ,
    Chaz = thinkin he might have spiked a new record high to spew that one out ..

Now Kraze you say I cut down people's work and all this stuff . And how no one want's to post up what they do .
    Then here you go and concoct a whole nother BS story about changing plates and putting the flywheel back and fourth in the lathe to check the flywheels balance .
    Now would you like me to compromise my values and say Ohhh , good job man !
    Or would it just be better for me to say , even if you have a special chicken feather you hold between your teeth and set a glass of water on the machine , you still don't have a wand , load cell / strobe to finitely locate an imbalance , and by how much .

So while you might have played around and amused yourself for a while , you certainly didn't walk away with a finely balanced flywheel .

Does that make me a ( insert multiple derogatory slurs ) for knowing the difference … maybe .

But then on the other hand , instead of trying to BS me even further , you could have asked me and I would have been more than happy to send you a set of simple plans for a set of parallel plates and an arbor I made on my lathe . And then you would also be able to balance flywheels for around a $20 -$50 investment . Depending on how nice you chose to make it …
    Or the quick set up version that I went and bought 4 brand new bearings , snatched out the seals , washed the grease out of them mounted them on a set of plates .I use them for roughing in a wheel . Then let it walk the razorblades to get the last couple of grams off ..
    Gotta love the new flywheel back pedal story. can i hear another story papa. yap yap yap, yap yap, yap. Why would you waste my time explaining flywheel balancing to me. It doesn't take a genius to figure it out now does it. You do it.

6. Likes dwilfong liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would have been more than happy to send you a set of simple plans for a set of parallel plates and an arbor I made on my lathe . And then you would also be able to balance flywheels for around a $20 -$50 investment . Depending on how nice you chose to make it …
    That setup will correct a static imbalance. Any flywheel spinning at 6,500-10,000 RPMs should also have a dynamic balance. Sure the static will quell most of the vibrations, but if we’re measuring our d!€ks and arguing over how to do things properly...
    Josh Peterson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nitro_rat View Post
    That setup will correct a static imbalance. Any flywheel spinning at 6,500-10,000 RPMs should also have a dynamic balance. Sure the static will quell most of the vibrations ...
    Actually this "thread" is about the website .

Parts of it belong in the garbage can .

Some , it's easy to tell skipped English from the fourth grade on .

Some skip their therapist session , and just post here .

While others can actually post on topic and be accurate .

Then there are posts like this one from the CH3N20Rat which is excellent , even if it belongs in the tech section …. LOL

Considering that the flywheel is spinning at passenger seat ear level and if you have a 15" motor(s) then at neck level . Yet the factory / aftermarket / racers have little to nothing more than a plastic cover after all this time .

And when it comes to balancing , they put less effort in flywheels that they do the rotating and reciprocating assembly . Especially the later cast wheels that all say "Made in Korea" on the bottom side . Perhaps the factory feels that for production parts a primary imbalance of 15 - 20 grams is perfectly acceptable .
    And that when you put the alternator belt on , that you will kill any secondary amplitude of harmonics .
    Besides , what would you do ? Put a "tape~a~weight" on one of your magnets to deal with the left-right or dynamic "rocking coupling" ..
    The reason I like using the SW machine is that it's old like me . I built bob weight adapters to fit marine cranks and the uprites move close enough to accommodate my flywheel arbor ( yes I have checked , both ways ). I went thru all this like a decade ago , but when I build a motor , I balance the crank and flywheel together on the machine . When I lighten a flywheel , I balance it on the blocks . Unless someone insists . But then that's like going to Publix , buying a steak , taking it to Outback , telling them how to cook it , and then crying like a newborn if you don't like it …

9. Likes nitro_rat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Parts of it belong in the garbage can .

I’d like to see more about balancing...in another thread if you care to share!
    Josh Peterson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe the Chaz should actually start his own thread about flywheels and educate everyone on this subject instead of diverting the O.P.s subject to flywheel lessons. Being he hasnt answered my call out on him.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe all these 4 strokes are so trouble -free theres nothing to post about. i wonder what that would be like. ..sigh

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off, it's Threads like these that remind me I need to renew my membership.

So I did.

Everyone has to make a choice.

You can be a part of the problem, or be a part of the solution.

If you find S&F entertaining and educational, Choose wisely and support the cause.

Secondly, should I be concerned about the guy down the road lightening my flywheels with an angle grinder...
    *BLACK MOTORS MATTER*

14. Likes nitro_rat, OLEGATOR, NICE PAIR liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flightplan View Post
    Secondly, should I be concerned about the guy down the road lightening my flywheels with an angle grinder...

Not as long as he wears the proper safety equipment and it's a really nice grinder.

Rock
    Team Junk

No sparkling wiggles in here, only dump truck grinches.

"Screamin Heathen"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I swear to GOD Chuck Schumer is on here under a alias ...............................

17. Likes Krazymaan liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nitro_rat View Post
    I’m probably the brokest dude on this board. I don’t claim to know everything but everything I know I came by honest and most of it I learned the hard way. I am the SNF search ninja! I have learned a bunch here and I fill in the blanks with some help from local experts. Nobody will give up all their secrets in one place, but if you string posts together from over the years you will find what you’re looking for.

I lurked here for quite a while before I signed up and it has taken me years to earn any respect (I hope I have anyway). I don’t think I’m a member of any “clique.” I try to share what I do know and learn what I don’t.

I’ll be the first to admit my primary interest is in old 2 stroke Mercs because that’s what I can (almost) afford to play with. I don’t care what anybody says, this is the best place on the web for hi-po outboards and I believe that it will continue to be for the foreseeable future!

Fong, if I hadn’t have enjoyed your build thread so much I wouldn’t have sold you my bottom windshield rail (which I took a MAJOR bath over)! So don’t say this site never got you anything. I see it was nice enough you haven’t painted it yet...

It was powder coated just so we have things strait. As far as taking a bath?????? Refresh my memory what did I give you for it?
    And where did we do the deal at?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazymaan View Post
    Maybe the Chaz should actually start his own thread about flywheels and educate everyone on this subject instead of diverting the O.P.s subject to flywheel lessons. Being he hasnt answered my call out on him.
    Are you so butt hurt that you missed where just this morning I said :

As far as your "call out" .. LOL

I will PayPal you or any member of your depends gang $2000 if you can show or prove anywhere that I said I ported the Jon Wright Block myself and better yet. If you or your depends gang can show me the photo of me working a flywheel on a wood lathe. The money is right here just waiting to jump to anyones hand just that easy.

The "block work" "your exhaust log" "your porting" "your polishing work" all went away when the sites fungus took his shattered ball of aluminum home with him …. LOL
    Pretty brave of you to dare me to find a shred of evidence there Hillary .

The other half of your $2000 offer …

I do recall putting my flywheel on my metal lathe and "taking it for a spin" as I said to see how balanced it was

Now Kraze , it's a shame I had to waste my time explaining to you that the pictures and text are gone .
    And that you readily admit to having the ability of balancing within a half a pound or so ..

So I guess at this point I have no choice but to admit defeat … You win …

And please know .. your jack plate story is safe with me …

Now I have a question for you …. does this remind you of anything …. >

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast