User Tag List

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been here since the beginnings of this web site, we used mercury racing as a website years ago using aol dial up before mercury bought the domain name I thought that is when it went to snf
    Always enjoy it, thanks Greg but the motors and most of us have changed over time our agendas are different but still glad its here to keep the community together
    Last edited by BRamp; 05-19-2018 at 08:54 PM.

2. Likes NICE PAIR, Tom Foley liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just looked at my Join date and did not realize it has been 16 years, wow time flys I bet I have never been off the site for more then 3 days in a row.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPEROG View Post
    The case is .0600 bigger so my guess is that I will be running a 15.125 5 blade. The quality 5 blade propellers that are available today have very low slip numbers when they are rigged correctly. Grant set the first DW28 up and it showed 2% on our first run out. Gary Ballough has seen 0 slip several times on his race boats. These are 29 to 35 pitch propellers.

Joe
    ...in a way, thats kindof funny. I mean, how much slippage is there, to get up to the speeds that your at these slippage numbers? ya know whatta I mean, lol. On a serious note, you just don't get any better than 0...just incredible.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I dont know what happened .. It rained steady across the whole state for almost a week . When it finally stopped , I went online and I saw the entire front page of the "general boating" section was covered with layer upon layer of replicating threads pertaining to the same pointy-headed ……

Chaz = thinking about starting a 250 - 300R thread myself …

Fond of the permanently open exhaust option …

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull View Post
    T-Rex didn`t give up on outboards. Matter of fact he`s in the middle of redoing his Big-Rex. It`s a 380 Laser w/2.4 BP and it`s in the paint booth right now. He`s been busy with his race van lately. I been tryin to get him back on here and I won`t stop.

Looks like I gotta take back what I said. He`s selling his 380.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I just want to say that I am so extremely grateful for all of the supporting posts from you all. It means a great deal to me, and I always hope that I can keep this site everything you want it to be. There will be a lot of additions and changes this year.

So many of you have been here for so long, and I could never express my gratitude to all of you. We've all covered a lot of ground together, and I hope we continue to do so.

Greg

Facebook | YouTube | Vintage Outboard Catalogs
    Photo prints available of your boat - click here

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a big handful of butt holes on this site that feel its just ok to belittle anything anyone says, does or experiments with. Kinda takes the fun out of sharing what you learned or accomplished. Who wants to share when they know whats coming? I've talked to many of them and they would just rather not post anything anymore than to get insulted non stop my these select few peeps. I've even asked the higher up to tell them to knock it off, but I didn't ever get a response. I bet Chaz can name all of his buddies on two hands. There is a good reason some of the golden oldies aren't here anymore.
    If I don't ask any questions, I'll never learn anything.

9. Likes OLEGATOR, afr liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What does the 300R 4.6 cost? 20 grand or so? Anyone have the figures for that motor. 512 is an increadable feat for a 4.6 wow!! Cowl looks like the Etechs? Looks a little more proportionate though to me.

There are sure some sweet motors out these days!! 300R,400R caldwells ect!! Im still liking the Caldwell motor personally just wish there was more pricing info and options with different pricing that was consistent.

Theres all these motors to sell but the prices seem to be elusive? Just put a sticker on it and mark down from there.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazymaan View Post
    There is a big handful of butt holes on this site that feel its just ok to belittle anything anyone says, does or experiments with. Kinda takes the fun out of sharing what you learned or accomplished. Who wants to share when they know whats coming? I've talked to many of them and they would just rather not post anything anymore than to get insulted non stop my these select few peeps. I've even asked the higher up to tell them to knock it off, but I didn't ever get a response. I bet Chaz can name all of his buddies on two hands. There is a good reason some of the golden oldies aren't here anymore.

Welp Kraze , since you pretty much called me out by name . I'll respond , and I'll be totally honest with you …
    It's a big internet - dealing with a small world .

So when a newbie like yourself pops up with a Jon Wright motor and says : Yup , just finishing up my ports now … !

When you put an old flywheel in a wood lathe and say : Gonna lighten this baby up real good .. ! And then show a picture of a different flywheel and say , look at what I done !

Somebody here has seen the inside of Jon's motors , just as I asked to see the tooling you used to cut the wheel .. I never called you liar . I didn't need to , others perhaps weren't quite so tactful …
    I have noticed that you no longer try to pull the wool over peoples eyes , but have yet to reach the point where you would say .. Hey guy's check out this motor I bought the other day .. !

I spoke to a higher up myself . I told him , when I was a nitrous forum moderator that unless someone threatened physical harm , I never removed their posts . Usually when they cus , call names , speak of lack of intellect , most could see they were standing in front of a mirror as they hunted and pecked for words . The same holds true today , and if you don't let the bad apples words stand , it makes it hard to build a yardstick to see how well the good words shine .
    The bottom dwellers that dig a big hole face first , sporadically make an appearance to say how bad " name a site" sukks . The funniest as of late is one guy who joined a fazebook page started by a member here who was one of the biggest proponents of the "I told you so club" …

Speakin of fazebook , go look at three items you could care less about on E-Bay and three more different pages on fazebook … then go about your normal web day - week - month . See how long that junk follow's you around …
    No wonder I didn't see Greg sittin next to Zuk in front of a house ethics committee tryin to explain away how you can never really leave ..

BTW Kraze …
    That signature line about question's and learning .. It's a bit misleading …

The only questions I ever see you ask , are when you P.M. me ….

12. Likes OLEGATOR liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dumped Facebook, seems to be full of negativity. This is the best place to shop and learn still for me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull View Post
    Looks like I gotta take back what I said. He`s selling his 380.
    Josh Peterson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I once upon a time did S&F and Byuboyz websites at least once per day. Then boating things started going on in my area that I had not heard about. I was told by friends that to stay up with what was happening I should join FB. I did, not to let people know what time I had a BM, but to keep up with boating. Anything you see about boating will be changing in a couple of days on FB. Young people now days want to play video games on there phones, and take selfies. Byuboyz has pretty much dried up. It was a great site at one time. Hopefully S&F can stay afloat.
    T-Rex is on FB. I don't know why I was thinking he got banned from S&F. Probably wrong.
    Keep up the good work Gregg!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Welp Kraze , since you pretty much called me out by name . I'll respond , and I'll be totally honest with you …
    It's a big internet - dealing with a small world .

So when a newbie like yourself pops up with a Jon Wright motor and says : Yup , just finishing up my ports now … !

When you put an old flywheel in a wood lathe and say : Gonna lighten this baby up real good .. ! And then show a picture of a different flywheel and say , look at what I done !

Somebody here has seen the inside of Jon's motors , just as I asked to see the tooling you used to cut the wheel .. I never called you liar . I didn't need to , others perhaps weren't quite so tactful …
    I have noticed that you no longer try to pull the wool over peoples eyes , but have yet to reach the point where you would say .. Hey guy's check out this motor I bought the other day .. !

I spoke to a higher up myself . I told him , when I was a nitrous forum moderator that unless someone threatened physical harm , I never removed their posts . Usually when they cus , call names , speak of lack of intellect , most could see they were standing in front of a mirror as they hunted and pecked for words . The same holds true today , and if you don't let the bad apples words stand , it makes it hard to build a yardstick to see how well the good words shine .
    The bottom dwellers that dig a big hole face first , sporadically make an appearance to say how bad " name a site" sukks . The funniest as of late is one guy who joined a fazebook page started by a member here who was one of the biggest proponents of the "I told you so club" …

Speakin of fazebook , go look at three items you could care less about on E-Bay and three more different pages on fazebook … then go about your normal web day - week - month . See how long that junk follow's you around …
    No wonder I didn't see Greg sittin next to Zuk in front of a house ethics committee tryin to explain away how you can never really leave ..

BTW Kraze …
    That signature line about question's and learning .. It's a bit misleading …

The only questions I ever see you ask , are when you P.M. me ….
    Too funny Chaz, and your spot on.

Im not machinest or mechanic and prefer professional services personally. I’ve also understood from day 1 of riding CR80’s or building 383 S10 there’s no such thing as budget Hi-Pro hobby

The wood lathe picture, priceless!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If I don't agree with someone, I just keep my opinions to myself.
    " IT'S NOT HOW FAST YOU ARE, IT'S HOW COOL YOU LOOK!!! "

Check out my new website. liberatorpowerboats.com
    Boat Delivery available

Things owned. NOTHING!!
    Ain't got no toyz, Ain't got no money! I is jus a poor Florida boy!

Visit My Liberator Boats Website

18. Thanks JBS thanked for this post
    Likes nitro_rat, JBS, altec7777 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggiestckl View Post
    Too funny Chaz, and your spot on.

Im not machinest or mechanic and prefer professional services personally. I’ve also understood from day 1 of riding CR80’s or building 383 S10 there’s no such thing as budget Hi-Pro hobby

The wood lathe picture, priceless!
    Been using those Vodka Goggles way too much I see
    If I don't ask any questions, I'll never learn anything.

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast