User Tag List

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my area go fast boats have died.. The day Merc stopped making the hi-po 2 stroke and the customer base that knew it has gotten older and the new generation wants a wake board boat. I see no race boats on or lake here anymore and if they were some home owner would call the police to him and have him removed from the lake. Pontoon boats have took over and red necks like me that want a fast boat cant afford a 100k to go boating... Bass tournments have also took a great toll..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's become off shore only

You better have $200,000 for the off shore boat Kim.
    We have invented the world; WE see

3. Likes kim cleckler liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hope to have a new STV build soon, within the next couple of months, will post the progress. It will have a Diamond 2.5....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    facebook-4strokes-driverless cars im ready''Beam Me Up''

6. Likes Hot Shot Merc, nitro_rat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There has been a big shift by young America in the past couple decades. Most schools no longer offer industrial arts classes. I live near a small rural farming town and about 8 or 10 years ago I bought most of their shop class tooling. Asked why a farm based community would no longer offer this curriculum and was told nobody would sign up for the classes. All they wanted to learn was computer based. As an old fartI remember playing outside. Also remember laughing at anyone that had a 4 cylinder in their car. Now kids stay indoors and play video games and most cars now have 4 cylinder motors.

I hosted a river run years ago and had at least 8 or 10 boats from our area that we had built or modified. Now there are only a couple, and they are rarely used, as most have sold their hotrods and moved towards the fishing or pontooning way of boating with no youngens stepping up to carry on the madness. I used to be on the river 6 or 7 days a week when I started now I may not get out there once or twice a year. Times have definitely changed.

As far as the site changing I spose it has felt the effect from the changes in society. I don't really think the $ has had a huge influence because there are many with 6 digit incomes that just didn't exist when I grew up. Boats and motors have gotten more expensive but for the most part so has the average income. I also think the internet has spawned some questionable characters hiding behind their keyboards and taking advantage of the fact. Facebook is a whole other subject. I don't care for it but to each his own. I don't need the entire world knowing what I am doing or where I am at. This site has always been and will always be the place to get good accurate info. We all owe Greg our gratitude. We also owe each other to treat one another as we would like to be treated and eliminate some of the bullchit that seems to appear way to often. Everyone needs to remember why we signed up and promote both the site and the sport with great integrity.

Rock
    Team Junk

No sparkling wiggles in here, only dump truck grinches.

"Screamin Heathen"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scream And Fly View Post
    Glenn (and everybody),

It turns out this is a bit long, but I hope everybody seeing it will read

Anybody that knows me also knows that I've always operated Scream And Fly in a manner that best represents what people here want. To that end, I also welcome feedback such as this post. As a matter of fact, I consider it extremely important.

Much of what you mention has to do with the normal ups and downs of every online community, and we all know that in addition to the economy taking a big hit several years ago, a lot has also changed in the boating industry. I'm not sure if you've seen the post I made about the roadmap of changes coming to this site, but if you haven't, I think you might find it pretty interesting.

This particular post has been up for only 12 hours, and as of right now, it has 750 views and 39 replies. Furthermore, website traffic has gone up significantly beginning last year, and this site is seeing traffic activity approaching the numbers we saw in 2008. That's not hearsay - it's verified by Google Analytics. I have to disagree with the conclusion that the Scream And Fly site is 'dormant'. If it were, I would not have had to have a completely new server built for this site last year. The crippling slowdowns that ocurred which necessitated that new server was well apparent.

I also must disagree with your view that the good threads about build-ups and tech are not as numerous as before. We've had plenty of such threads active right now, and although I cannot pick and choose who decides to rebuild their boat or something, a quick look through this forum and others will show some really great tech, build-up, and restoration-related threads.

Greg
    Thanks Greg, great summary and I totally agree. I think the audience has changed a bit, so has social media but in the end, there are some great projects, events and new technology. Scream and Fly is a great forum for small single engine performance boats! Great community and great people.

The business in general is booming right now, outboard sales are way up, things have changed obviously though. I love the new builds and restorations. New outboards are going to continue to push the envelope, and there will be some exciting new ones coming soon.

We actually have an amazing outboard project coming up we will announce next month. Buy like Greg mentioned, all metrics say there is more interest than ever!!

9. Thanks Scream And Fly thanked for this post
    Likes Frank Molé, NICE PAIR liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nitro_rat View Post
    I know he’s still out there messing around. Tell him he has nothing to worry about, Jay Smith isn’t posting here anymore either!!! As long as he doesn’t let the newbies find out how ugly and old he iz!!!
    fixed it for ya........

11. Thanks nitro_rat thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tlwjkw View Post
    fixed it for ya........

Thanks buddy!!!

Josh Peterson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I for one think that Greg does a "fantastic" job! S and F has given me countless hours of enjoyment through the years. I have gained technical knowledge from the site and I have been afforded the pleasure of meeting many wonderful, life time friends who share our passion for go fast boating. The Marketplace has provided an excellent conduit to buy and sell some of my most prized possessions. Thank you so much Greg for your devotion to establishing and continuing to evolve the "best" on line performance boat magazine period.
    Last edited by J. McKnight; 05-17-2018 at 02:56 PM.

14. Thanks Scream And Fly thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The think thy know it all haters have taken there toll on participation........................
    Most just don't want to deal with the ASS HOLES on scream and cry any more.
    Face book has bin a god send for most ........You can just block the ASS HOLES OUT of the group to keep the BULL **** under control.
    The days of the OPEN forum are coming to a end I think.
    It is funny how on FB the groups that are under control seam to attract the same kind people to them.
    Don't have to deal with the ****TARDS that think thy can just slam away and not be held accountable for there actions.
    You want to be a DICK then you will have to come over here to play with your self..........

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You know you can “ignore” users on here? Just the other night there was a guy trolling the classifieds and getting belligerent. His comments were quickly deleted once the post was reported.

I sure did enjoy following your build on here Dave!
    Josh Peterson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hmm..I sure do NOT see a problem at ALL! Thanks the site and all the work Greg...

18. Likes nitro_rat, mrichartz, NICE PAIR liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nitro_rat View Post
    Maybe the Low Emissions Outboards and Four Stroke forum should be renamed the Four Stroke and Low Emissions Outboards forum!!! How about it Greg, the 4-stroke’s time has come...
    That forum should be merged with the Technical Discussion. It is pointless to have a special forum for low emissions outboard engines 21 years after the launch of the Mercury DFI.
    Markus' Performance Boating Links:
    www.toastedmarshmallow.com/performance

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwilfong View Post
    The think thy know it all haters have taken there toll on participation........................
    Most just don't want to deal with the ASS HOLES on scream and cry any more.
    Face book has bin a god send for most ........You can just block the ASS HOLES OUT of the group to keep the BULL **** under control.
    The days of the OPEN forum are coming to a end I think.
    It is funny how on FB the groups that are under control seam to attract the same kind people to them.
    Don't have to deal with the ****TARDS that think thy can just slam away and not be held accountable for there actions.
    You want to be a DICK then you will have to come over here to play with your self..........

You could be the good guy and remove the scream and cry bs. Your problem is not with the site, right? Just a few members? Why disrespect the site?

83 V-King, 96 Mariner, 200 hp ff block 2.5 w/a 28p choppa
    We gotta clean this liberal mess up, VOTE TRUMP TO MAGA!
    Rebuild thread:
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-it&highlight=
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...cs.&highlight=
    Videos

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    The 2.5 is an awesome engine but every different combination has been done and it's a dying platform. I don't think there's much new to try or learn with it, and the site will eventually die if it doesn't move on to the newer stuff.
    Yep. Mercury is about to launch what seems to be the most exciting engine line-up in our lifetime. But every thread about it seems to be taken down.

That is Scream and Fly's problem in a nutshell...
    Markus' Performance Boating Links:
    www.toastedmarshmallow.com/performance

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast