Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

13' Bullet Deep "v" Supercharged Jet conversion Project.

OK, so I have been wanting to do this for a long time now, i had a bullet about 7 years ago and never ended up finishing it before i sold it. I got into the jet ski scene and love it but i want to do something that's custom and one off, I'm defiantly going to need some input from multiple different directions on this project. Basically i own one of the newer wave runners that hits 80+ easily it has roughly 350hp. I will be sticking the engine and pump into this boat. I will more than likely be finding an old wrecked ski to used the pump tunnel and the transom plate from. It gets rough around here and i know these boats handle rough water pretty good. The newer skis built for rough water have the deep v with a round a 20 degree hull. I am aware that i may need to round the keel right before the pump tunnel to keep the pump loaded and reduce cavitation, but these boats have a pad at the back which would more than likely act like a ride plate on a ski. I am curious what you thoughts are on how this hull would do with a jet pump in it. Most guys would run a 70 hp omc on these boats and my engine pump and electrical would weigh right about the same. How ever the weight would be more forward so the boat will more than likely not ride directly on the pad anyways. The intake area needs to stay in the water to get enough water to propel the boat. I was hoping to get 70 or better mph out of the boat with this setup, it has lifting strakes so some of the boat will come out of the water. I need a lot of recommendations on what types of material to use. the boat will need to be stiffened up so i need to core it more than likely and keep the boat light. Any recommendations would be appreciated. These boats were originally built by sharkey as many of you may know, then sold and built by bullet boats. There are other boats on youtube made out of aluminum with my engine and pump. I just want it to be strong because it gets rough where I ride. On a second note, does anyone know "FAST FRED" and know if hes still building 50 ci Omcs anymore. I wouldnt mid putting an outboard on her but I want to be able to somewhat keep up with the skis and the guys I ride with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s74hwJYghBc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzEyHK_cHcw

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bullet_130_prop_setup3.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	402008

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bullet_130_prop_setup2.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	402009
    Last edited by TwzteD; 03-17-2018 at 11:52 AM.

2. Likes Sharkey-Images liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool idea, we were thinking along the same with a Honda Turbo four and jet into a TNT that now holds a thirty Johnson. Good luck with the project.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The original builder of the Bullet Boats was Tom DeAngelis. He built the first ones in his parents garage in Seaside NJ. There were several sizes and versions and sizes but most of the larger ones were center consoles.

Life Begins At 100 MPH

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mercace is correct. I worked for Tom at Bullet Boats Inc up until 1986. A year or so later the company closed its doors and at that time I purchased the Bullet 130 original molds, built a new hull mold with a 1 inch reverse chine. I have since sold all the tooling.