Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After looking at the boat last week, and truly having no idea about this boats rough life, Ive decided to post everything ive learn about it. I do not know any of the people involved. I'm just a 26 year old kid whos been looking for a nice boat. I do not want someone to purchase this boat and not know what they are getting into and end up getting screwed over or worse.

I know back in the day this was a touchy subject, so I'm not going to mention any names. Just the information I've gathered, and if some of it isn't right please let me know. This isn't to start any ****. Once again I want someone who is interested in buying this boat to easily find out all the info that they need to make a decision. I called it the 22 turquoise progression, but I guess around here its called the baby blue progression. Below is the craigslist ad.

https://longisland.craigslist.org/bo...515537425.html

Boat started out life as a standard layup 2001 22 progression, after it was built it had the transom cut for a 15in mid. Apparently at this point the boat had lightweight seats, race hatch, it had a 280 and a 300x
    Badass boat for sure

What I was told is the boat stuffed in very shallow water, and the bow of the boat hit bottom.(I'm a total newbie when it comes to fiberglass work so keep this in mind) I was told where the deck met the bottom of the boat, it cracked along a large part of the right side bow. Most of the damage could only be seen from the inside of the boat, except the rub rail gap. At this point many sources say the boat was repaired, some say it was fixed right others say not so much. Non the less I'm not going to get into that.

Other sources say the boat flipped over and sunk on a different occasion, don't really have any details on this.

So at this point the boat was still around and being used, I guess it got sold to someone else on the island. What I read was the guy puts a new jackplate on the boat, and was heading to the boat launch when the boat and trailer were t-boned by some idiot. Boat was hit pretty hard

Sucks I couldn't find any pictures of the damaged hull, if anyone has them please post. What I do know is the boat was wrecked, got totaled out by the insurance company, owner of the boat wanted this boat destroyed. here's the picture of the boat totally stripped at the salvage yard ready for dead.

Here is where the story gets tricky, boat was bought and rebuilt. The problem is there is no evidence of the boat having the damage repaired. I cant imagine someone would of redid this entire boat and not fixed the damage to the hull, but the issue is there is no proof, no pictures, evidence, or receipts. Maybe someone has them and would like to share, but until then this boat was seriously damaged with no proof of proper repairs.

Fast-forward to like five years ago the current owner buys the boat. Isn't on screamandfly doesn't seem to know much about this type of boat, but he used the boat didn't run it hard and used it as his second boat.

I went last week to look at the boat, its totally shrink wrapped so it was hard to see anything, he cut it open so I could climb in. My opinion on the boats current status is its in very good shape. The interior was very nice, gauges looks very good, all the wiring was done very well. It has a fresh rebuilt 300PM on a stainless setback bracket. Issues I found were large spider cracks by driver side windshield area, and some filler in weird spots, one big one on the back left corner of the transom . I truly didn't think the current owner knew about the history of the boat, until I texted him and told him I didn't want the boat because it has a bad history so I think I'm going to pass. His response was ok thanks. If he truly didn't know about the boat you think he would ask me what history I was referring to, or at least be alittle interested on the bad history of the boat he is trying to sell. O well.

3. Thanks TooStroked, Instigator thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a Progression 22 owner since 1995, it's tough to look at pictures of a beautiful Progression that's led such a tough life. Done correctly, almost any kind of damage can be fixed. The problem is that shoddy work can pretty easily be temporarily covered up. And the only way to be sure that damage was fixed correctly is to have been there when it was repaired and know exactly what to look for.

As beautiful as that boat is, I'd pass. Just out of curiosity, does the boat have a "salvage" title?
    1992 Progression 22
    Mercury Racing 250R

5. Likes Instigator liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TooStroked View Post
    As a Progression 22 owner since 1995, it's tough to look at pictures of a beautiful Progression that's led such a tough life. Done correctly, almost any kind of damage can be fixed. The problem is that shoddy work can pretty easily be temporarily covered up. And the only way to be sure that damage was fixed correctly is to have been there when it was repaired and know exactly what to look for.

As beautiful as that boat is, I'd pass. Just out of curiosity, does the boat have a "salvage" title?
    nope boat does not have a salvage title, its clean

I wonder if boats even have salvage titles, like cars

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The internet/ boat community is a great thing. I've been staring at this boat for months (maybe over a year?) on Craigslist wondering why nobody was buying as it seemed like a clean setup for a decent price. I remember seeing the pic of this boat in the slings on its side years ago, I guess I just never put it together as the same boat.
    Action Craft 15'/89 Checkmate Senator/Velocity 22/27 Activator OB - SOLD
    16 Superboat CC - Current

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for posting I am out in here is Seattle and had been looking at this boat would have had to made a offer sight unseen because of work schedule . YouClick image for larger version. 

Name:	29214680_1469830209812560_4764097184943570944_o.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	229.2 KB 
ID:	401736 saved me lol ended up getting a 01 22 Velocity with 300 xs two miles from my house

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ohhhhhh the old baby blue black cloud...Want my .02 having been in and around this boat both before during and after said incidents (which are all true) if the boat can be bought cheap enough than go for it...

the nose damage from the first blowover was repaired properly by superboat bob...Those repairs were done 12 to 15 years ago...now since then there was rumors of a stringer torn loose in the hull from the trailer hit which i never saw any signs of and have no idea who if anyone opened up the floor and fixed it...the boat has been used for about 5 years since being recomissioned after a long nap when it was derigged after being hit by the car....if it was gonna break it would show by now...

if someone buys the boat know that progression wrote the boat off as a TOTAL LOSS and will not talk to you about or work on the boat...I 100% dont blame them as kevin has his beliefs that the boat is no longer as structurally sound as when he built it....

for 12 to 15k i say buy it and go run the crap outta it and you got a deal so if something shows up you have a few grand to throw at it that you saved...Would I own the boat? heck yeah at the right price but i am me and you need to do what makes you feel comfortable....
    1984 28 ghost twin 200 Yamah ProVs (SOLD)
    1997 21 Superboat Legend 250 VMAXXX (SOLD)
    2001 25 Concept CC 250EFI (SOLD)
    2002 24 Superboat Step 250EFI (SOLD)
    1997 21 Checkmate Pulsare 200EFI Merc (Beater Boat)(SOLD)
    1994 20 Hydrasport 225 Optimax (SOLD)
    1998 27 progression Twin 225 Mercs (SOLD)
    2005 23 Kryptonite 300 Promax (SOLD)

10. Thanks Instigator thanked for this post
    Likes 2.5-21, specboatops liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by durammaxhp View Post
    Thanks for posting I am out in here is Seattle and had been looking at this boat would have had to made a offer sight unseen because of work schedule . YouClick image for larger version. 

ID:	401736 saved me lol ended up getting a 01 22 Velocity with 300 xs two miles from my house
    never do that...LOL always reach out here and you will find someone willing to lay eyes on a boat your thinking about....

12. Likes OrangeCrush liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost28 View Post
    never do that...LOL always reach out here and you will find someone willing to lay eyes on a boat your thinking about....
    The whole reason for Branding cars with a salvage title after being written off by an insurance co.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost28 View Post
    ohhhhhh the old baby blue black cloud...Want my .02 having been in and around this boat both before during and after said incidents (which are all true) if the boat can be bought cheap enough than go for it...

the nose damage from the first blowover was repaired properly by superboat bob...Those repairs were done 12 to 15 years ago...now since then there was rumors of a stringer torn loose in the hull from the trailer hit which i never saw any signs of and have no idea who if anyone opened up the floor and fixed it...the boat has been used for about 5 years since being recomissioned after a long nap when it was derigged after being hit by the car....if it was gonna break it would show by now...

if someone buys the boat know that progression wrote the boat off as a TOTAL LOSS and will not talk to you about or work on the boat...I 100% dont blame them as kevin has his beliefs that the boat is no longer as structurally sound as when he built it....

for 12 to 15k i say buy it and go run the crap outta it and you got a deal so if something shows up you have a few grand to throw at it that you saved...Would I own the boat? heck yeah at the right price but i am me and you need to do what makes you feel comfortable....
    The current owner has owned it for like 4 years. He’s only put like 100 hours on it in that time. Question is do you really think he knows how to drive that boat, and if he does has he driven it hard. My concern is someone is going to buy it, learn how to drive it and start driving it like it was meant to be driven. At that point it makes me alittle uneasy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for the price, he just had the power head rebuilt for 5k so his bottom dollar is 18k. Trust me I tried

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first time I saw the boat before I knew anything about its history was at aqua marine in Freeport.
    It was a stripped down bare hull no hardware,rub rail, interior, or rigging, I do remember like 1 gauge in the dash. The boat was beautiful they were asking around 6k for it
    After some conversation the claim was it was a stolen recovery. Some discussion about what to power it with had me feeling like why would you hang more than a 200 on it
    At that point I did some searches and the history showed itself

this was all around 2009-10, word was it ended up selling for 3.5-4 k but I can not confirm that

ghost is correct for the right price it’s worth the risk as long as you don’t want to break any records with it, and you know the history going in

As for driving a p22 to the limit, there are only a few guys that got the balls to do that, and I think you already spoke to one of them
    Last edited by berzerko; 03-14-2018 at 07:18 AM.
    77 challenger 200 yami
    82 shadow 3.6 gt sold
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=g...&v=09QazIq2FgY

17. Thanks Instigator thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by durammaxhp View Post

Very nice looking Velocity. Nice find in the Pacific Northwest!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marks86 View Post
    The current owner has owned it for like 4 years. He’s only put like 100 hours on it in that time. Question is do you really think he knows how to drive that boat, and if he does has he driven it hard. My concern is someone is going to buy it, learn how to drive it and start driving it like it was meant to be driven. At that point it makes me alittle uneasy.
    I know it just had a powerhead done because i got a call asking if i had one for it from a friend lol...honestly at 18k i would say keep looking...Not sure what your budget is but i have a beautiful 2005 23 kryptonite for sale....

20. Likes Ghost S84 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by berzerko View Post
    As for driving a p22 to the limit, there are only a few guys that got the balls to do that, and I think you already spoke to one of them
    Man, you hit that one right on the head! Mine's only got a built 200 on it, so it only does 77 MPH on GPS. Your grandmother could probably drive it up to about 65. The last 5 or 10 MPH takes a lot of skill and brass balls. And driving it in 2-3's is an absolute blast - if you know what you're doing.

I really doubt most folks who would buy that boat would get it past 75 or so. That said, if you don't know what you're doing, you could still do some serious damage to both the boat, the driver and passengers at that speed.
    Last edited by TooStroked; 03-14-2018 at 12:45 PM.
    1992 Progression 22
    Mercury Racing 250R

22. Likes Instigator liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast